It's coming...

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: It's coming...

Post by Kinny Riddle »

The "Global Release" is upon us folks ("Global" only covers the Asia-Pacific region and significantly does not include the English-speaking world, lol )

I shall be popping in to my local store later today to try my luck in seeing if they've sold out or not.

Perhaps I ought to reread Vol 9 as most of my memory is rather foggy, despite the euphoria of the successful Disappearance movie.

How about we at B-T do a speedy review in the blog?

And I do wonder if it's possible if we could do translations just for this volume under Viz's radar?

Let's face it, almost EVERYONE in the English-speaking community has read up to volume 9, so I don't think people would have a problem with us starting volume 10 on scratch...
nyoron
Astral Realm

Post by nyoron »

Well as someone who has been faithfully supporting the official English releases but really can't wait another, what, almost 3 years for them to catch up at this rate, I hope you go for it. :)
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

God, thank you!

I think I'd go crazy not being able to finish this series for who another 3-4 years.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

typhonsentra wrote:God, thank you!

I think I'd go crazy not being able to finish this series for who another 3-4 years.
Hey...I haven't seen you post...gone lurking?

Well, anyways, I'm waiting to be spoiled. :D
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

like I have time to read it...... well I do, an hour per week probably
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

Despite this being my first ever light novel series, I probably will wait for a bit before getting a copy.

Frankly I remember nothing of the story beyond vol.4 (Thanks to the movie or else I probably would remember even less). Even if I get a copy now it will go directly to my pile of to-be-read books, since I need to reread everything from vol.1.

Still a bit sad that there is no English version when they talk about a "global" release. Lol how global it is if the only versions available are Chinese and Korean :lol: ?

The surprise thing is that even PRC gets its release today (a dirt cheap but meaty one that shames its Japanese/Taiwanese counterparts with lots of bonus gifts). Considering that they need to get it past the censorship authorities and likely bit by repeated edit demands, it is safe to say that the original version of the story was finished a long long time ago.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Typhoonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by Typhoonsentra »

Yeah, heh.

I didn't remember how much I'd forgotten until I saw the movie last year. When we get to that one monologue towards the end I was like a deer in headlights.
kira0802 wrote:
typhonsentra wrote:God, thank you!

Hey...I haven't seen you post...gone lurking?

Well, anyways, I'm waiting to be spoiled. :D
Heh, I still read stuff and enjoy things like OreImo and Toradora but the meat and potatoes for this site was always Haruhi. God, I'm really hyped to start reading this series again.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I am astonished that no one has the whole thing translated yet like for a certain other series of books into a certain other Asian language.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

must have too much fun reading.

baka baka baka
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

b0mb3r wrote:must have too much fun reading.
You're actually pretty close to the truth.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

ainsoph9 wrote:I am astonished that no one has the whole thing translated yet like for a certain other series of books into a certain other Asian language.
it's only 1 day +. that's only possible if multiple people are working on every chapter.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I know that. Actually, before you joined, I did some translation here for "Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu." I had to stop though because the translation software I was using went kaput on me, and I did (and do) have enough money to buy it. I would continue translating here except for said reason among others. Also, I am a very slow translator because my kanji is not up to par. It took me about 1 page/hour. Not good.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ainsoph9 wrote:1 page/hour. Not good.
pff my 1 minute animation took me 100 hours. u can do it.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

In terms of the accumulated time and the fact that I should be able to translate faster, it is definitely not a good speed, especially when it takes months to release a chapter. I still have most of the translation kicking around somewhere, but it would take a while to find most of it, if not all of it. (I do not even think that I have all of it anymore... :( )

Return to “Volume 10 - The Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第十巻: 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕”