It's coming...

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: It's coming...

Post by ainsoph9 »

If anyone cares to See some Cool imAges Now, here iS your chance.

Spoiler! :
Baka-Tsuki does not wish to be associated with unlawful and ethically unacceptable activities (e.g. piracy). For this reason all Messages requesting, providing, or otherwise discussing information about the use of illegally obtained media, or any service that aids in the illegal acquisition of such media, is expressly forbidden. The following is a list of media considered "banned" from The Forum because its acquisition is always considered illegal and unethical:

* Fansubs of Licensed Anime
* Scanlations of Licensed Manga & Novel text
* Any untranslated anime videos (Anime Raws)
* Any untranslated manga scans (Manga Raws)
* Any high-res artbook scans (Artbook Raws)*
* Illegal copies of software (e.g. ROMs, ISOs, "warez", etc.)
* Anything used to illegally circumvent copy protection (e.g. serial numbers, "cracks", etc.)
* Direct copies of DVDs or CDs ("rips") of any kind (e.g. MP3s made from anime OSTs)
* This list is not exhaustive. Ask a member of staff if you are unsure about posting content.

*Cough* - TGM
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:If anyone cares to See some Cool imAges Now, here iS your chance.

Spoiler! :
Baka-Tsuki does not wish to be associated with unlawful and ethically unacceptable activities (e.g. piracy). For this reason all Messages requesting, providing, or otherwise discussing information about the use of illegally obtained media, or any service that aids in the illegal acquisition of such media, is expressly forbidden. The following is a list of media considered "banned" from The Forum because its acquisition is always considered illegal and unethical:

* Fansubs of Licensed Anime
* Scanlations of Licensed Manga & Novel text
* Any untranslated anime videos (Anime Raws)
* Any untranslated manga scans (Manga Raws)
* Any high-res artbook scans (Artbook Raws)*
* Illegal copies of software (e.g. ROMs, ISOs, "warez", etc.)
* Anything used to illegally circumvent copy protection (e.g. serial numbers, "cracks", etc.)
* Direct copies of DVDs or CDs ("rips") of any kind (e.g. MP3s made from anime OSTs)
* This list is not exhaustive. Ask a member of staff if you are unsure about posting content.

*Cough* - TGM
Ainsoph, please send it to me by another way. :D
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

..and there i was fatalistic, think that maybe my Goddess did leave for good.. it seemed like forever since i last heard anything Haruhi-related that WASN'T aya-bashing.. 8)

btw, really happy to know that BT has grown so diverse, or maybe its just me being too involved with the real world..?

EDIT: 30+ minutes later, just read v10 preview..

are we absolutely banned by the powers-that-be from releasing v10 ala B-T? not that i have anything against the new guy.. besides, its not like even if the light novels were licensed, means i get a fair chance of buying them all, EVEN IF i am now a member of the workforce..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

not having the time to read it, I scanned through the afterword, seems like this is really the end.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:not having the time to read it, I scanned through the afterword, seems like this is really the end.
The end of the series? You mean V10?
Kira0802

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

shichinanatsu wrote:..and there i was fatalistic, think that maybe my Goddess did leave for good.. it seemed like forever since i last heard anything Haruhi-related that WASN'T aya-bashing.. 8)

btw, really happy to know that BT has grown so diverse, or maybe its just me being too involved with the real world..?

EDIT: 30+ minutes later, just read v10 preview..

are we absolutely banned by the powers-that-be from releasing v10 ala B-T? not that i have anything against the new guy.. besides, its not like even if the light novels were licensed, means i get a fair chance of buying them all, EVEN IF i am now a member of the workforce..
Been a while Shi. What real life rock have you been hiding under? :o As for the putting up of Vol 10, I'm still unsure what the decision for that is. :?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I say we translate it. What is the worst that can happen, a C&D letter? :P
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Ahahahaha.

Well we should do it as quick as possible, then we get it in one file and send it out ASAP. Close the project and act like nothing happened.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Poke2201 wrote:Ahahahaha.

Well we should do it as quick as possible, then we get it in one file and send it out ASAP. Close the project and act like nothing happened.
*shrugs* I'm not in charge of anything on the Wiki by choice, it's your ballpark if you want to play. 8)
ultimatemegax
Astral Realm

Post by ultimatemegax »

ainsoph9 wrote:I say we translate it. What is the worst that can happen, a C&D letter? :P
If there is a decision to translate the novels, another person who goes by Yumeka and I have been working on chapter 9 to the afterwords and would love to volunteer our work to assist. Both of us won't be able to work on any more than what we've committed to in the foreseeable future and this would greatly benefit us and alleviate some work from the project.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:I say we translate it. What is the worst that can happen, a C&D letter? :P
It's actually more difficult, since BT already received one.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yes. I know that BT already received one, hence :P . What it really would take is someone to find out how far the publisher's license extends. In a sense, that could be as much as a phone call to them, asking, "Do you have the rights to publish the 10th volume of Suzumiya Haruhi? I am really excited to read it." If they say, "Yes," then it is a no go; if they say, "No," then fire away unless it is mitigated as "being in the pipelines" or something to that effect. If they threaten a lawsuit, just calmly walk away. That should not be too hard, right? However, in the end, it is really up to TLG to decide.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Notified Big Boss for you guys and gals. We'll see what he has to say.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

While we are waiting, lets sing a song of kumbaya.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Notified Big Boss for you guys and gals. We'll see what he has to say.
Yay. *monotone*
Kira0802

Return to “Volume 10 - The Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第十巻: 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕”