It's coming...

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

It's coming...

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

The Sankaku source, NSFW as always.
The flagging hopes of Haruhi fans have been jolted into overly optimistic paroxysms of ecstacy with the news that light novel rag The Sneaker will be publishing part of the new Haruhi novel, Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku / 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (The Shock of Suzumiya Haruhi), in its next issue.

The rag promises a “partial advance printing” of the novel in its pages:

Presumably this is intended as a sop to the remaining fans, lest they start to think the novel will never come.

The June issue goes on sale at the end of April, logically enough.

Those not taken up in the excitement of the moment could be forgiven for noticing that any hint as to the final publication date is conspicuously absent – with Kadokawa, who knows when it might be and what further travails might be in store?
The ANN source.
The April issue of Kadokawa Shoten's The Sneaker magazine is announcing on Friday that the next issue will publish an excerpt of Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito's Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyōgaku (The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya) light novel on April 30. When it is published, this 10th Haruhi Suzumiya light novel volume will be the first new one in three years.

The last volume in the series was Suzumiya Haruhi no Bunretsu, which shipped in 2007. The light novels inspired two television anime seasons, a film, two net anime series, and several manga adaptations.

Little, Brown Young Readers is publishing the third Haruhi Suzumiya light novel volume in North America this July. Bandai Entertainment released the initial run of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime series in North America, and it posted a video promoting "the second season DVDs" last month. Yen Press is publishing both Gaku Tsugano's main manga adaptation and Puyo's The Melancholy of Suzumiya-Haruhi-Chan (Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yūutsu) "official gag manga." The anime film adaptation of the fourth light novel, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, film opened in Japan just this month. The Day of Sagittarius III game seen in the light novels and anime was actually produced and officially released for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch mobile devices in English.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: It's coming...

Post by b0mb3r »

no date = not safe

baka baka baka
YeHeEy
Astral Realm

The astonishment of Haruhi Suzumiya will be release in April

Post by YeHeEy »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

baka-tsuki, i red in animenewsnetwork that the vol 10 of haruhi suzumiya. And i saw in your site that the haruhi is in the abandoned category. i hope that april comes, you will bring to life the translation of MoHZ with transalated volume 10. I like your sites and i read several of your novel translations. Thanks to everything i finally rest in peace ^_^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merged. - TGM
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

I have totally forgotten by now, what is Suzumiya Haruhi again? It seems to be somewhere at the back of my memories I cant recall, its been so long, and I am getting so old waiting...
Spoiler! :
Damn, when will the chinese version come out then? Having a dangling end at vol 9 is such an evil act.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by FNX »

It would be very interesting to know what will happen here when it comes out, will there ever be a translation here or we're doomed to wait it's release in English?
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
ShadowZeroHeart

FNX wrote:It would be very interesting to know what will happen here when it comes out, will there ever be a translation here or we're doomed to wait it's release in English?
You are doomed to wait for its release in English. In case you forgot, we had already received a C&D letter regarding Haruhi, so B-T cannot host it. EVEN IF SOME OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE DOES THEIR OWN TRANSLATION, EVEN IF THEY ARE B-T MEMBERS, B-T WILL NOT BE INVOLVED OR HOSTING IT. EVEN IF IT GETS DISTRIBUTED OUT THERE!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

We can legally host it here and translate it all we want until the license is bought by Hatchette. The decision is up to Big Boss still though if he'll allow it.
ShadowZeroHeart

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:We can legally host it here and translate it all we want until the license is bought by Hatchette. The decision is up to Big Boss still though if he'll allow it.
wasn't it that the entire series was bought? Or was it just the nine volumes? Besides, I almost get the feeling Hatchette might have inside information that vol 10 is coming out, thus the letter, kinda makes sense too right?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

The licenses are per-volume. It's possible that they do plan on picking up the 10th novel, but from what I remember they only mentioned novels 1-9 in the C&D.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Hachette probably doesn't give a damn about the possibility of people out there who'd very much like for v10 to be translated by fans.. though accdg to Artefact's Sankaku its going to be published piecemeal.. i'm not sure what that does to American licensing, but with Kadokawa's antics who knows???

at best, B-T can hope to work on that part of v10 to come come out in Sneaker's June issue (released by the end of April :? ) before the real book hits the market, and we get the axe soon after :( ..

FINALLY, something to look forward to in this increasingly mediocre market 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by FNX »

That's why I mentioned the fact, if it was licensed we wouldn't have the choice. I think it would be possible to translate it before they get their hands on it, most probably they will have to wait some time to acquire the license of that volume
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

lol i feel we've become a shaddy and underground type of people, like the Prohibition days or something.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I feel more like we're bureaucrats and lawyers. Squeezing our way through the tiniest cracks between the laws.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

any of you guys are actually lawyers here?

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I believe it only if I see it.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Volume 10 - The Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第十巻: 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕”