Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

Post by tsuzuki »

When I wanted to post this feedback the novel was still a teaser. I've read it in a day and I really liked the teaser so I'm very glad that it became an active project so early.
I've watched the whole anime that it's quite similar to the novel so I'm quite sure I'd love the next chaptes/volumes.
It's one of the rare story that moved me even with a slow pace and relatively simple plot.
Many thanks to you for having chosen this project.
Sorry if this isn't te right place but I was unable to find a more suitable subforum for the teaser feedback
regards
Tsuzuki
NiMx1233
Project Translator

Re: Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - teaser feedback

Post by NiMx1233 »

I was gonna watch the anime when I heard that it is good, but then I saw it on BT just a few minutes ago. I'm kinda curious who translated it though, it seemed to be done anonymously......
tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

NiMx1233 wrote:I was gonna watch the anime when I heard that it is good, but then I saw it on BT just a few minutes ago. I'm kinda curious who translated it though, it seemed to be done anonymously......
In the project page there aren't information about the translator editor and so. I spotted some mispelling here and there but I think that's so because when I've read it it'was still a teaser and maybe still unchecked. I didn't check the "project version", yet
TJP1600
Project Translator

Post by TJP1600 »

NiMx1233 wrote:I was gonna watch the anime when I heard that it is good, but then I saw it on BT just a few minutes ago. I'm kinda curious who translated it though, it seemed to be done anonymously......
It was translated by Pudding321. There wasn't anyone listed on the main page of the wiki but you can find his name in the chapter registry page.
TJP's 成语

背面之树
吸个桃仁
NiMx1233
Project Translator

Post by NiMx1233 »

I'd say that it is a job well done. A volume is completed just for teaser.
tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

NiMx1233 wrote:I'd say that it is a job well done. A volume is completed just for teaser.
Yes It's great to be able to read and whole volume in one spot. If the anime follows closely the novel we are at the middle of the story, more or less. By the way, I've read in some places that the anime is based on the novel and in other places that the novel is based on the anime. What's the truth?
Tsuzuki
NiMx1233
Project Translator

Post by NiMx1233 »

tsuzuki wrote: Yes It's great to be able to read and whole volume in one spot. If the anime follows closely the novel we are at the middle of the story, more or less. By the way, I've read in some places that the anime is based on the novel and in other places that the novel is based on the anime. What's the truth?
Tsuzuki
Hard to say, the anime is aired between April and June 2011 while the novel is serialized from March to July 2011. It should be based on the anime as it's the main media. By the way, an anime film will be released in summer 2013. It should be worth looking forward to.
tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

NiMx1233 wrote:
Hard to say, the anime is aired between April and June 2011 while the novel is serialized from March to July 2011. It should be based on the anime as it's the main media. By the way, an anime film will be released in summer 2013. It should be worth looking forward to.
i see. Thank you for the hint, I'll keep a watch on it!
NiMx1233
Project Translator

Post by NiMx1233 »

I've finished reading Part 1 just a few minutes ago. I noticed that it needs much editing as there are many spelling, grammatical and translation mistakes. I think the translation was done in a hurry. Nevertheless, it is still a good job.
tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

NiMx1233 wrote:I've finished reading Part 1 just a few minutes ago. I noticed that it needs much editing as there are many spelling, grammatical and translation mistakes. I think the translation was done in a hurry. Nevertheless, it is still a good job.
Yes I also noticed it. I'm a not native english speaker so I noticed mostly mispellings, lacking or switched characters. I sometimes translate manga from english and I usually do translation and first check, so I think that the most part (translation) seems done even though editing can be tricky. Anyway I think there is just to correct some errors and maybe adjust some style ( But I've read the original japanese). I also think that i this case ( a relatively slow paced story) a long teaser is more entincing.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”