Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari [Light Novel]

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Want to see Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari translated?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Not Sure
No votes

Total votes: 485

Gyron
Astral Realm

Re: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari [Light Novel]

Post by Gyron »

So, anyone wanna bet that the new bandit leader is either Ren or Itsuki? More likely Ren since Itsuki seems "broken".
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by God Ginrai »

Alpaca wrote:lol..... Here's your new comment. I've been slacking behind due to my schedules and the previews seem to be up at a pretty fast pace. You should see that I was translating during my summer break o3o (and yes I forgot to check the forum usually, I often check my talk page though)

PS: as for switching from web novel to light novel, that will fall into someone else's hand other than me since I ran out of cash buying VITA games and "Gate - thus the JSDF fought there" Pentalogy.
I wasn't trying to guilt you for not having translations for us or anything. I realize that people get busy. I was simply worried because there hadn't been any comments lately, which was the only way to tell you were actually looking at the site.

Plus, since the wiki page formatting still has not been unborked for BakaReader EX, my mindset towards this title has been a little doom and gloom.

-God Ginrai
altuncb
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by altuncb »

I think this is the vol 8 cover.
Spoiler! :
ssxdots
Astral Realm

Post by ssxdots »

Created an account to say thanks to the translators for the full versions and previews.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this series in the past 3 days. Interesting protagonist but became typical somewhere in the middle of the story (dense about other's feelings, otaku, but the feelings part irritates me the most). Though it got a lot more action pack with interesting developments along the way.

Appreciate your efforts!
IAmTheKroc
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Too lazy to type them out ;P

Post by IAmTheKroc »

Hi I'm new to the forums and translating. I was wondering if this is the place to ask permission to translate or if there is an official forum page for it.

PS: Awesome translations by the translations team! I hope I can join in on the fun too :D
Geomancer
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Geomancer »

I just really wanted to thank everyone working on this project. I really love this light novel! Right up there with Highschool DxD!

Well, it turned out to be Witch... probably. You know, it says Greed on a chapter title so maybe she is Greed. At the moment, Ren gives me more of a feeling of Sloth. Think about it: Doing what others tell him to do, killing without thinking about it, not taking responsibility for his actions. It all smells of Sloth.
IAmTheKroc
Reader

Post by IAmTheKroc »

I have tried translating a chapter from the web novel but I haven't been able to get very far. My only experiences of learning Japanese is by watching anime everyday :P I was wondering how all the translators do their work and if any helpful advice can be given. (Like redirecting me to the appropriate page for such questions...) Thanks :D
How I like my meat cooked: Rare to Well-Done
Alpaca
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Alpaca »

IAmTheKroc wrote:I have tried translating a chapter from the web novel but I haven't been able to get very far. My only experiences of learning Japanese is by watching anime everyday :P I was wondering how all the translators do their work and if any helpful advice can be given. (Like redirecting me to the appropriate page for such questions...) Thanks :D

I'm the project manager so I'm the guy that you'll need to look for usually. What you should usually do is try to understand the basic grammar of Japanese sentences and memorize the hiragana & katakana, you won't really need to memorize any kanji as this is a web novel so you can shove words that's stranger to you in dictionaries or machine translators and the like for the word's definition or the romanji. If you have further questions and stuff you can either go to the Lingua Franca Lexicon ( viewforum.php?f=55 )

As for the baka reader hooking-up problems, I'll look into it after lunch, I think I know the cause of this problem.

PS,EDIT: Done with my attempt to fix the app, just gotta wait until the app's update (probably tomorrow)

PSS: Actually, because I'm so good It's already working. just refresh your app's Tate page

PSSS: The side stories didn't show up properly but since the protection is a pain, I'll wait till tomorrow for before editing again

PSSSS: So many S.... anyway the previews don't work properly either so I'll need remove all the red links before they do (that's gonna be tomorrow also).
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by God Ginrai »

Alpaca wrote:As for the baka reader hooking-up problems, I'll look into it after lunch, I think I know the cause of this problem.

PS,EDIT: Done with my attempt to fix the app, just gotta wait until the app's update (probably tomorrow)

PSS: Actually, because I'm so good It's already working. just refresh your app's Tate page

PSSS: The side stories didn't show up properly but since the protection is a pain, I'll wait till tomorrow for before editing again
Awesome, Thanks! I know what I'm doing tonight. :P
Alpaca wrote: PSSSS: So many S.... anyway the previews don't work properly either so I'll need remove all the red links before they do (that's gonna be tomorrow also).
Actually, this is by design as far as I am aware. The idea is that "PREVIEW" chapters are not official, so BakaReader is coded not to display them. I can confirm that PREVIEW chapters don't show up for reading for Mushoku Tensei on the app either.

-God Ginrai

It actually is just the page's coding itself, what the app does is that it display the first link appears for every "pinned" lines.
DarkeKyuubi
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: So many but here's a few: Gekkou, Toradora, Cube x Cursed x Curious

Post by DarkeKyuubi »

Alpaca wrote: PSSSS: So many S.... anyway the previews don't work properly either so I'll need remove all the red links before they do (that's gonna be tomorrow also).
Lol, your editor to the rescue XD It should be to many P's since it's postscript, so you would go post-postscript. Which roughly means after, after the letter :P

Now I'm gonna go hide in a hole since nobody likes grammar nazi's anyways >___<
Alpaca
Project Translator

Post by Alpaca »

DarkeKyuubi wrote:
Lol, your editor to the rescue XD It should be to many P's since it's postscript, so you would go post-postscript. Which roughly means after, after the letter :P

Now I'm gonna go hide in a hole since nobody likes grammar nazi's anyways >___<
Good to know haha ;3
Alpaca
Project Translator

Post by Alpaca »

Me and QB just fixed the site so that it's compatible with baka-tsuki app. Refresh the app's page to read all the previews o3o.
Melakias
Astral Realm

Post by Melakias »

Just got hooked in this Novel some days ago and already read through all the thing, I made an account to thank all the people working on this project and wanted to ask if there's a way to know when new chapters are translated besides checking the page.
IAmTheKroc
Reader

Post by IAmTheKroc »

The previes on the Baka-Tsuki app doesn't seem to be working. Is it possible to make each chapter a preview page like the other novel pages?

And I would like to ask if I can help fix/modify/enhance(?) the novel page (Basically somewhat manage the page.)
How I like my meat cooked: Rare to Well-Done
Alpaca
Project Translator

Post by Alpaca »

The previews work fine. Refresh the app page (top right) and they should be there. What are you trying to improve upon to be exact?

Also we don't have a set schedule for releases.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”