Golden Time: Help Offers

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Help Offers for Golden Time

Post by Mystes »

You can, but you can also put it like that.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Alright, let's leave it like that then.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

rock96 wrote:Is there need to merge posts from this topic?
No! :evil: Not anymore I think. ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

As this is for help offers for Golden Time, and rpapo is the main / only translator for it, let's get this BOT.

Rpapo, can you provide us as to what you want to finish out to, and what the next thing to sign up to translate would be? I doubt anyone will go against someone who has your seniority.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by rpapo »

hobogunner wrote:As this is for help offers for Golden Time, and rpapo is the main / only translator for it, let's get this BOT.

Rpapo, can you provide us as to what you want to finish out to, and what the next thing to sign up to translate would be? I doubt anyone will go against someone who has your seniority.
Seniority? I may have that physically, but I'm not all that senior as far as this site is concerned.

As far as work is concerned, I've already grabbed the rest of the first book. I finished chapter 4 yesterday and started chapter 5, and all that remains of that book is the Epilogue (which I have half-done anyway) and the Author's Notes (or Afterword). At the rate I've been going, though, it will probably be March by the time I'm done with it.

I started working on B-T doing small things, and I still think that was a good idea for starting up. If somebody wants to work on the first 2D-kun spinoff, that would probably be best. I've transcribed a little of it to TXT format, a little more than the first full page (the pages are roughly twice the size of the pages in the Light Novel format). There are 18 of these big pages in total, so the story is roughly the size of a small chapter of the light novel. I am not aware of scans of this on the internet, though. I have a printed copy. And a scanner.

Alternatively, somebody could grab the Prologue or the Author's Notes to play with as a starter. Each is 2-3 pages, a much smaller bite to chew on.

The registration page is there, and is up to date: feel free to claim what you want to.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

If anybody's interested, I've transcribed the first three pages (4,602 characters) of the first 2D-kun spinoff. There's another fifteen to go, but it's a start. Posting raws here is against the rules, but if you want the text, just send me a PM.

Using byte counts for comparison, it is equivalent to roughly eight pages in light novel format. The Dengeki-Bunko magazine uses a much larger format per page than the little light novels use.
sylkud
Kyonist

Post by sylkud »

I like this novel , but the translator is slowly translating the novel, If I knew more Jap....
___________________________________________________________________________________
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

sylkud wrote:I like this novel , but the translator is slowly translating the novel, If I knew more Jap....
Therein lies the rub: If <name the person> only knew more Japanese . . .

Those few around here that "know more Japanese" are a scarce commodity, and are generally involved with other projects. There were 3-4 guys working on Takemiya's previous work, Toradora!, but they appear to be (mostly) suffering from Takemiya overload. Of course, they did ten books in relatively short order, too, so they earned it.

I am slow for several reasons: (1) I am still learning Japanese, (2) learning any language takes longer when you're older, and (3) I have Real Life (family, job, house, etc) to deal with, and so only get limited time per day to work on what is, essentially, a learning hobby.
sylkud
Kyonist

Post by sylkud »

rpapo wrote:
sylkud wrote:I like this novel , but the translator is slowly translating the novel, If I knew more Jap....
Therein lies the rub: If <name the person> only knew more Japanese . . .

Those few around here that "know more Japanese" are a scarce commodity, and are generally involved with other projects. There were 3-4 guys working on Takemiya's previous work, Toradora!, but they appear to be (mostly) suffering from Takemiya overload. Of course, they did ten books in relatively short order, too, so they earned it.

I am slow for several reasons: (1) I am still learning Japanese, (2) learning any language takes longer when you're older, and (3) I have Real Life (family, job, house, etc) to deal with, and so only get limited time per day to work on what is, essentially, a learning hobby.
Sorry for the offense, I am still a noob in the jap learning just begining from scratch, I really want help but stop you whining, I am also busy trying to eat and fee my child, but you just take ofense for a single comentary, I am upset!
I am trying to learn japaneeese by my self is dificult i know , nmjI just made a comment 'cause I want to help, then you put this crap comment insulting me! Be a more mature and astop whinning about those comentaries!!!
___________________________________________________________________________________
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

sylkud wrote:Sorry for the offense, I am still a noob in the jap learning just begining from scratch, I really want help but stop you whining, I am also busy trying to eat and fee my child, but you just take ofense for a single comentary, I am upset!
You misunderstand. I am not offended. I know I am slow, I am admitting it, but feel the need to explain somewhat why it is that I am slow. And my theories as to why no others have volunteered to help out with this project.
sylkud wrote:I am trying to learn japaneeese by my self is dificult i know , nmjI just made a comment 'cause I want to help, then you put this crap comment insulting me! Be a more mature and astop whinning about those comentaries!!!
You are taking offense far too easily. I have been flamed too many times online to take offense by somebody simply stating the truth.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Also btw. sylkud your comment did sound as when you were complainig... without the possibilty to offer help (anytime soon)...

and that doesnt really sound nice...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
sylkud
Kyonist

Post by sylkud »

Sorry My apologies, I didn't wanted to offend anyone
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

sylkud wrote:Sorry My apologies, I didn't wanted to offend anyone
Apologies accepted, though like I said, I wasn't really offended. Funny thing this internet: you have a hard time reading a person's face and voice through their typed text.
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Re: Golden Time: Help Offers

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

Is there a need for an editor?
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
rpapo

Re: Golden Time: Help Offers

Post by rpapo »

If you find spelling or real grammar errors, be my guest. Several others have also been making corrections as they see them. But if you think the change required will change the meaning of what is said drastically, please consult with me first. I have the original Japanese text, and significant changes should be verified against that first.

That said, English errors do creep in because of my style of translation. I tend to break the Japanese sentences up into pieces, translate the pieces individually, and then assemble it all back together. Sometimes I am doing that in a hurry, which can lead to some odd errors. I really need to proof my own English more thoroughly . . .

Now, if you happen to have the Japanese text, and understand it as it is, and what you see is in variance from what I have put down in English, then by all means tell me where I am wrong, both for my edification and for the betterment of the translation. We have had one or two people of this sort happen along before, and their contributions have been quite valuable.
extra note: I DON'T WANNA BE PINK! I WANNA BE BLUE DAMMIT!!
Now you're blue. You're the first person I've promoted. I was given the rights a month ago, but hadn't figured out how to do it yet.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”