Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ramen46
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mushoku Tensei ~Isekaiittara Honkidasu~

Post by ramen46 »

little confused by the titles, does the book The Overthrow of the King Dragon King - Introduction to the Conclusion Chapter take place before book 24 or after?

also are the side stories just a little extra story content for us to enjoy after we have finished to books or are they like book 20.5? which was meant to be read after book 20
Ecchi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ecchi »

First of, MTL means machine translation, right? If not then please ignore this lol.

Currently reading this. According to the site, I've just read the first machine translated chapter (vol9ch6). This is the first novel I've read that have machine translated chapters. I was expecting worse but it's pretty good. Is this the level of quality I should expect for the remaining MTL ones?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Ecchi wrote:First of, MTL means machine translation, right? If not then please ignore this lol.

Currently reading this. According to the site, I've just read the first machine translated chapter (vol9ch6). This is the first novel I've read that have machine translated chapters. I was expecting worse but it's pretty good. Is this the level of quality I should expect for the remaining MTL ones?
Yes, MTL means machine translated. The chapter pages should have had a note to explain at the top, but it was missing so I added it.

I haven't read more than a few scattered bits of MT, but the impression I got from discussions about it was that the quality was highly variable in different parts. Also, MTL doesn't necessarily look bad if it has been edited to make it readable, but the note/warning still applies since the accuracy of the translation (whether or not the meaning matches the original JP) is questionable even if reads well.
Ecchi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ecchi »

Cthaeh wrote:
Ecchi wrote:First of, MTL means machine translation, right? If not then please ignore this lol.

Yes, MTL means machine translated. The chapter pages should have had a note to explain at the top, but it was missing so I added it.

I haven't read more than a few scattered bits of MT, but the impression I got from discussions about it was that the quality was highly variable in different parts. Also, MTL doesn't necessarily look bad if it has been edited to make it readable, but the note/warning still applies since the accuracy of the translation (whether or not the meaning matches the original JP) is questionable even if reads well.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Btw does anyone know who the other people are in the volume 7 pic (aside from Rudeus)? I don't think I recognize them from the characters in the actual v7. Is this like Tate no Yuusha where the LN goes in a different direction from the web novel?
amit34521
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amit34521 »

Seems that the LN turned out different from WN. Can't identify any characters. Can someone please see this??
sprite7
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sprite7 »

amit34521 wrote:Seems that the LN turned out different from WN. Can't identify any characters. Can someone please see this??
I think it is just extra chapters about "Quagmire The Adventurer". Magic University arc probably will start in volume 8.
amit34521
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amit34521 »

sprite7 wrote:
amit34521 wrote:Seems that the LN turned out different from WN. Can't identify any characters. Can someone please see this??
I think it is just extra chapters about "Quagmire The Adventurer". Magic University arc probably will start in volume 8.
Thanks for replying. Then will anyone be translation this volume??? Wanna know about this as well.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

I'm considering splitting off the covers, illustration pages, and volume 1 prologue to chapter 4 into a new project page for the LN. The volume 1 chapters because those are effectively LN chapters since Teh Ping edited them from the LN, whereas everything else is from the WN (I would leave behind the version before Teh Ping's edits on the WN project page). This is technically the "correct" way according to the recently introduced WN guidelines, but I had refrained from doing it since it seemed like a pain and it wasn't hurting much leaving it while I had plenty of other reorganization to do. However, I've been informed that volume 7 of the LN doesn't match with "volume 7" of the WN, meaning it's much more inaccurate for those to be matched as they are on the current project page.

Now is the chance to tell me that it's a bad (or good) idea before I do it and why, or to advise me to be careful of some special circumstances that I'm not aware of that would complicate splitting the pages.
arya333
Astral Realm

Post by arya333 »

the manga is good!!!, planning to read the novel soon
sdarkpaladin
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sdarkpaladin »

I think it would be better to split when there is actually someone translating the extra from the light novels. That or just list down the extra chapters of the light novel.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Well I at least want to separate the covers and illustration pages from the web novel chapters, as it's not accurate to leave those together, more so now that the light novel and web novel no longer have similar stories in the latest light novel.

I'm now reconsidering splitting it into a completely new page. I had thought that Silentwolfe translated based on the web novel for volume 1 based on some comments on Silentwolfe's site and other translator comments. However, reading more of Silentwolfe's comments, and actually doing a brief comparison of the LN, WN, and translated text, I see that the base for the entire volume 1 translation was based on (the Chinese translation of) the light novel. Though, some of Silentwolfe's comments imply he treated the JP webnovel as a source to check the CH translation of the light novel, which might mean it's really some ungodly mix of the two, which I have no hope of being able to quantify.

The reason that matters to me is that I originally thought splitting off the light novel would just involve moving a fraction of the page histories for up to chapter 3 (text I knew had been edited based on the LN), and I could have left behind the rest of the page history to keep the WN chapters completed and continuous. Now that I know volume 1 is really (mostly?) LN, moving all that to a second page would break the continuity. Splitting into two pages is still the "correct" way to do it according to policy, so it may happen at some point, but I'm less likely to do it now.
metroid112
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by metroid112 »

So is it possible that after volume 7 the light novel will differ from the web one? I believe we have to wait volume 8 if it is really necessary to have separated wiki pages. So far the light novel has only been adding extra chapters right?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

metroid112 wrote:So is it possible that after volume 7 the light novel will differ from the web one? I believe we have to wait volume 8 if it is really necessary to have separated wiki pages. So far the light novel has only been adding extra chapters right?
I am told that the story in light novel volume 7 is something that is not in the web novel at all (or is only mentioned); so it is already different.

I already moved the illustrations/covers out of the list of chapters, and that's probably all I'm going to do in the near future. So I personally won't be making a separate page right now, unless a translator comes by who wants to translate the LN.
silens
Astral Realm

Post by silens »

Cthaeh wrote:
metroid112 wrote:So is it possible that after volume 7 the light novel will differ from the web one? I believe we have to wait volume 8 if it is really necessary to have separated wiki pages. So far the light novel has only been adding extra chapters right?
I am told that the story in light novel volume 7 is something that is not in the web novel at all (or is only mentioned); so it is already different.

I already moved the illustrations/covers out of the list of chapters, and that's probably all I'm going to do in the near future. So I personally won't be making a separate page right now, unless a translator comes by who wants to translate the LN.
For vol 7 I found someone translating it : http://www.world-three.org/ Hope this info is useful
As for the novel, I found it about last week, and I'm addicted to it. Right now I'm at volume 15, Turning point 4, and all I can say is HOLY COW.
Larsik
Astral Realm

Post by Larsik »

Hello, I'm fairy new here (I only read 'Madan no Ou to Vanadis' with the BakaReader EX app, needless to say I am really satisfied with it) and I got really interested in this series, but unfortunately, I can't find it in the app.
While I would be content with pdfs/epubs of the series, the link provided on the wiki page contain only two volumes, so I get the feeling that's not all that's currently translated.
I need it in offline form, as I mainly have time for reading only when traveling and I generally don't have access to internet connection.
I would be grateful if someone could refer me to site where I could download the series/help me with the app issue.

Return to “Abandoned”