Tenkyou no Alderamin (Spoilers and Summaries Only)

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Tenkyou no Alderamin (Spoilers and Summaries Only)

Post by larethian »

This thread is for discussing spoilers and summaries.
No spoiler tags needed.

There are openly viewable massive major spoilers in this thread. Whether you are a translator who have yet to read ahead, editor, or an ordinary reader, you have been WARNED!!!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

volumes 1 to 4 summaries

Post by larethian »

Summaries I've taken from my original posts in Animesuki. Just copied and pasted.

Volume 7 summary freshly is available here and here only.

Take note for all the summaries, there may be some inaccuracies or honest mistakes due to a few reasons:
- I can't remember every katakana name of non-main characters and I may not bother to check so I may just use something randomly similar, even more so for geographical locations
- I don't read every single line slowly, some less interesting and possibly less important narrative may have been sped read
- some complex mechanics of certain battle setups (which probably also require a good imagination and constant reference to a map) probably flew over my brain, though fortunately I can grasp most of the important strategies and it's still comparatively easier to digest than Mahouka science
- some statecraft and governance debates in text which span an extremely large number of pages probably got lost on me
- some fine details may be misremembered
- some events or dialogue may not happen in the right order (misremembered)
- some lines may be mixed up due to similarities in situations which are really actually separate and independent events
- and so on and so forth...

In times when I don't read a segment in one sitting or I keep getting interrupted by something RL every few pages, the chance of misremembering stuff for that segment is higher.
I already found a couple of mistakes in some of the previous volume summaries as I reviewed some content but I didn't really correct them because they are not critical enough.

All in all, despite the fact that complete accuracy can't be guaranteed, most of the important events and lines and happenings should be more or less correct.
If there're some critical point that needs to be verified, I can check it if I agree on the importance and I have the time. Finally, do ignore the mixed tenses in my summaries.

So enjoy:

Volume 2:
Spoiler! :
Volume 2 is about handling a rebellion in the north by the Shinaak tribe. Key points may not be in exact order as I really can't remember exactly:
- the trainees (Ikta and the rest of the officer cadets and their platoons), together with Chamille, went to the northern outpost/camp/fort I can't remember for what reason doh. I think it had something to do with their practical training.
- the lieutenant general in charge of the north is more like a figurehead and his subcommander, a major I believe, runs things
- only exception is with matters regarding the Shinaak tribe, who resides within the borders in the northern mountains.
- lieutenant general feels the north is boring and seeks entertainment by provoking the tribe. He confiscated the fire and wind spirits of the tribe and deprived them of light. This is the primary thing that sparked off the rebellion.
- the subcommander was assassinated through an insidious plot orchestrated by the phantom squad of Kioka who had infiltrated the north. Kioka also supplied weapons and resources to the Shinaak tribe for carrying out the rebellion.
- The Shinaak tribe is led by a female tribe leader (16 years) called Nanak.
- LT Gen decides to launch an expedition in the mountains to subjugate the tribe as part of his entertainment. he purposely withheld reporting to the central govt so that he can be entertained (he's a piece of shit who is also a moron at the same time).
- Ikta and gang got involved.
- The expedition was largely inefficient because the forces were split into 3 and their attack routes were long and far apart; with the link-up point pretty far up into the mountains.
- before expedition, Ikta met a girl called Kanna who was a soldier, but into Anarai's book, and they had good rapport built
- During the expedition Ikta deployed about 40 air rifles prototype (improved versions of air shooters) with longer barrels and an improved range in Torway's platoon. The original tech stemmed from Anarai.
- btw, Chamille did not join the expedition and was put in a safe place.
- Ikta again fought his battle efficiently. The whole Knights group was essentially under his command. When they were under surprise attack, he deployed his forces efficiently, and only suffered 8 casualties with light wounds out of his 120 strong, and totally annihilated an equally sized enemy unit.
- oh btw again, aside from her flame platoon, Yatori also commands a cavalry unit now.
- Ikta was tasked to bring Matthew to gather intel by throwing their forces at the enemy to know their force strength. Ikta already guessed their size, and proposed to have Torway's platoon as well and he would guarantee that he could destroy the enemy with that with hardly any casualties.
- and he did, thanks to air rifles
- one of their friendly forces were lured in and trapped and under siege by the Shinaak. an gravely injured soldier came to Ikta's camp asking for reinforcements. Ikta refused to deploy his troops immediately because they will be wiped out as well due to altitude sickness (the expedition is progressively up the mountain at high altitudes). They need 2 days to adjust to their current altitude before moving out.
- because of that, the force was wiped out. among them, was Kanna, which Ikta did not know beforehand.
- finally the link-up happened. Empire was poised for their final attack. Oh yeah, I forgot there's this loud-mouthed but very honorable warrant officer that's worth mentioning, however since I forgot and he died in the end, let's forget about him.
- Ikta and team were forced to do some things they didn't like (like burning homes) but they had no choice. fortunately, they did not need to massacre people.
- as they were moving to the end, they were ambushed. Ikta did not predict that because he could not predict the tribe would be so reckless. The tribe's main goal was actually to kill the asshole LT Gen, because of what he did to their spirits, which were sacred to them.
- Yatori and Nanak (the tribe leader) were evenly matched, but in the end Yatori triumphed, and they fled.
- As Nanak made her way back, the remaining village was already ravaged by the Empire's forces. The Empire's troops also went on a rampage after the extended war; they tortured spirits, pillaged, raped, massacred the non-combatants and etc. etc. These troops were actually committing war crimes.
- Nanak was almost raped, but Yatori and Ikta came in the nick of time. Ikta actually called Nanak 'Nana' and was relieved.
- the troops that ran amok were rounded up alongside with Nanak who was tied up.
- then a group of people rode towards them, they were from the Alderah Church and witnessed the spirit torture and said they would report it.
- LT Gen panicked and got Ikta and Torway to try to chase after them to persuade them.
- it was then they realized, a 10k strong army was marching towards them from the north (north of the mountains). They were from a neutral country to the north, which is very much like the Vatican of our world, ruled by the pinnacles of the Alderah Church, with a 'holy' army. I'll just call them 'Alderah-Vatican' as I can't remember their super long name. They were marching to attack them in the name of Alderah to exact punishment on their treatment of the spirits. Everything was actually part of Kioka's scheme.
- current status of the Empire forces: lost half of their forces in their expedition, leaving about 8000 people who were war-wearied (the expedition lasted a few months) and resource-depleted. They also had the remnants of the Shinaak tribe to worry about. They needed to retreat but might not be able to do so fast enough.
~ end ~
Volume 3:
Spoiler! :
- flashback on Ikta meeting Nanak when he was 8, and on field trip with Anarai at the Shinaak village
- Ikta and Yatori were given field promotions 2 ranks up, became full lieutenants.
- Matthew, Torway and Halo were promoted to 2nd lieutenants
- Their immediate superior was captain Sazarufu, who is a pretty cool ossan - he's cool because he doesn't have a big ego, and willing to follow the advice of his subordinates
- Yatori proposed to set up a flame wall to block the advance of Alderah-Vatican while the main force retreats
- Ikta negotiate with Nanak to truce and form alliance (as Alderah-Vatican will also wipe out Shinaak as heretics). Cut his little finger off to take responsibility as with Shinaak tradition and made 3 requests. The things he did moved Nanak but I won't go into details and only after this Nanak recognized Ikta, which further shook her. So immediately, one day after they have been all out killing each other, they became allies.
- Together with Knights' original forces under the command of Sazarufu, with Shinaak's remaining combatants, the block force numbered about 600+, while the main Empire army will retreat
- Shinaak non-combatants will help out with setting up and maintaining the fire-wall in the forested area north of the mountains.
- On the other side, Alderah-Vatican has a visiting force from Kioka. While Alderah-Vatican has remained largely neutral, Kioka and Empire take turns in sending a resident force to help train and maintain sharpness of the Alderah-Vatican's holy army. Now it was Kioka's turn, and the timing and arrangement was actually part of Kioka's plan
- In Kioka's resident force, was a major by the name of Jean. He is nicknamed the "Unsleeping Radiant General" (even though he has yet to achieve general rank), as no one has managed to witness him sleeping to date (completely opposite of Ikta) . He has white hair, always maintain a calm demeanor and is a very hard worker. On top of that, he is also a genius. It was explicitly foreshadowed that in future, the "Unsleeping Radiant General" would be a known prodigy alongside and on par with Ikta Solork, otherwise known as the "Frequent Slack-off Frequent Win Resourceful General" (literal translation).
- Based on the response of the Empire's forces and how they could form an alliance with the Shinaak within one day, Jean guessed that there's someone very capable on the other side. Jean was the main commander of the small resident force but also served as adviser to the General commanding the 10k strong holy army. This was a battle between 10k++ vs 600+.
- I forgot the exact details of what happened in between, but there were 3 main clashes in the whole volume:
-- first, was an invitation to the Alderah-Vatican to walk into a night ambush by opening a path in the flame wall. They of course knew but there was other way around the flame wall and took the invitation in order to gather intel
-- the Empire's block force lost more casualties than Ikta expected because, the Alderah-Vatican were also armed with air rifles, and Nanak ignored Yatori's advice and moved forward too much and ended up getting surrounded
-- Ikta was considering to save Nanak, especially when he remembered about how he had 'abandoned' Kanna. But he calmly suppressed all emotions and analyzed the situation logically. At the strategy level, he should save Nanak as he needed the cooperation of the Shinaak non-combatants. At the tactic level, he would incur too many unnecessary casualties if he did so but Nanak and her forces would surely be annihilated. Then he remembered about Yatori and knew how she would move, and commanded to his platoon, "Men, this is sudden, but affix your bayonets".
-- it was during this skirmish where Ikta and Yatori displayed ultra high level of chemistry and synchronized without any form of communication between them.
-- managed to save Nanak and reform the flame wall but because this, the block force lost more men than needed
-- at the micro level the Alderah-Vatican also suffered substantial losses but at the macro level they were negligible due to the huge army. The General considered this a failure as they failed to break through, but Jean thought otherwise as they gained invaluable intel which they previously lacked, particularly about the block force size and troop composition and fighting/deployment levels/capabilities.
-- Jean set in motion the phantom squad (see v2 spoilers) that was still in the area behind enemy lines. He advised the General to deploy a small force to take a known detour (which Ikta expected), and will support them with the phantom squad.
-- Sarazafu and Torway will split off and form a secondary block force to guard the detour. Ikta gave important strategy to Torway on how he could take care of the phantom force in which he succeeded and this marks the end of the 2nd encounter
-- meanwhile, the Kioka has deployed one of their precious balloons above the flame wall, but Ikta could see no potential threat and based on Nanak's intel on the mountains, there was no other way to break through so he was not worried whether the balloon could have scouted an alternative route. However he was immensely bothered by it as he felt that there was another meaning behind it but he just couldn't figure it out.
-- what he did not expect was the use of cannons and a small breakthrough force by Jean.
-- what Jean did was this: he used the balloon to scout the layout of the burning forest, and re-enact everything within his camp, created a burning obstacle course and trained his cavalry forces within the obstacle course until the horses were used to it.
-- then with wet blankets shielding the troops, the Kioka resident cavalry broke through the burning forest.
-- Ikta was stunned, and with Yatori and Nanak, he rode to intercept Jean's forces, leaving Matthew and Halo in command of the rest of the block force needed to maintain the flame war for a few more days.
-- While riding, Ikta tried to think of a way to get them out of this hopeless situation
-- in the end, he thought of an insane tactic but he laughed mockingly at himself that this would be the shame of his life for what he was about to do
-- Ikta set up a trick to halt Jean's troops at a particular spot but leading them to believe that there was a fire trap ahead with the smell of oil.
-- the 'light' platoon then blinded Jean's cavalry horses with their 'high beams' and sent the horses into a frenzy. They then charged into Jean's forces.
-- Ikta's tactic was to create a situation to 'die together' with the enemy. Overall, the tactic is moot as even if Ikta's forces can kill off many of the intruding forces, Jean's forces are still at an advantage. However, many of the troops on both sides will still die meaninglessly.
-- based on what has transpired till date, Ikta has deduced that Jean is like him, who prefers efficiency and hates meaningless deaths. he then sent Yatori to raise a flag to signal the intent to negotiate
-- Jean accepted to avoid meaningless deaths and thinking that he could negotiate their surrender at the end of the day since they were at an obvious advantage
-- the two sides stopped their skirmish, attended to the wounded and both commanders (Ikta and Jean) negotiated
-- through the use of verbal traps and a relentless will that would not give in, and playing on Jean's psychology which hates meaningless deaths, he managed to get Jean's forces to retreat
-- Jean felt extremely humiliated (which was a first for him)
-- as he was leaving, he asked about Ikta's intentions and why he was protecting a rotten Empire. He deduced that the Kioka's way should be more in line with Ikta. Ikta replied that he was not protecting the Empire and it was the last thing he wanted to do. What he was doing now was protecting his friends (his comrades and the Shinaak tribe). He also advised Jean to not work too hard by himself, to depend on his subordinates more and to get enough sleep otherwise he would die early (this marks the end of the first clash of the 2 would-be famed generals)
-- with that, the retreat of Empire's forces was a success and it marks the end of volume 3.
-- forgot to mention this, there was a good scene between Yatori and Ikta where they leaned their back against each another while eating.
Volume 4:
Spoiler! :
Volume 4 primarily consists of 2 parts:
part 1 = chapter 1 spanning 60% of the book talks about how a plot to profit from unsavory schemes on the people by a viscount of a southern province got foiled by Chamille & her Knights. It is slow, a lot of exposition, somewhat unexciting, but the slower pace provided some breather time for character development and world building.

part 2 = a little more exciting, it transits to starting an assault on Kioka to take back the eastern land areas they lost in volume 1. what's new is that there is naval support and Chamille and her knights will be on battle ships. It ended after a small naval fight after the Empire entered Kioka waters.

Part 1
- volume starts with audience with the court officials, including the prime minister, and the army commanders, Marshal Igsem, and General Remion, among other officials, for Sarazafu, Ikta, Yatori, Torway.
- LT Gen in v2 and v3 got demoted to lowest soldier rank, his wealth got confiscated and redistributed to compensate those who died, and he was executed
- Sarazafu got promoted to Major
- Torway got promoted to full lieutenant
- Sarazafu was left in the audience chamber and questioned on the rebellion matter by the Gen Remion who praised him for what he did
- Sarazafu was already prepared beforehand by Ikta on how to answer the questions as Ikta didn't want to be in the spotlight as the person who is most responsible for the successful outcomes in the north, so Sarazafu said that everything was teamwork and ideas brought forth by his excellent subordinates
- Sarazafu was also prepped by Ikta to give a suggestion to the top brass on how to deal with the Shinaak tribe
- The Shinaak tribe will be resettled in the eastern lands, just short of the city and lands the Empire lost in v1. They will farm the not so fertile land there with hardier crops which they had been growing in the northern mountains where the environment was harsher. They will trade with the military by supplying the border troops with food. The Knights Order of Chamille, together with Sarazafu, under the command of Colonel Tetdrich (Matthew's father) will oversee everything.
- The 'evil-looking (looks like rodent or snake)' Prime Minister (who is operating in the capacity of the Emperor - will be explained why later) butts in and accuses Sarazafu that he can form his 'own army' in this way. This is because with effective utilization on the land, the army stationed there will not need to depend on external food supplies.
- Sarazafu got these instructions cum proposal from Ikta, but in truth, it's revealed later that this proposal of resettling the Shinaak east and the officer composition for overseeing all this actually originated from Chamille
- Remion told the Prime Minister to not interfere with military matters, consulted Igsem, and they accepted Sarazafu's proposal
- our heroes set off for the southern province (can't remember the name so I'll just call it province A) to meet Colonel Tetdrich and persuade him to accept the offer
- they were welcome as heroes as the people in the Empire had heard of their northern exploits by now, this place is Matthew's hometown so we get to know a little more about Matthew here
- Matthew's mom is a boisterous, friendly woman who's good with cooking and handling farm work; she is well respected and loved by the people
- While Marshal Igsem and General Remion radiate authority and fearsomeness, Colonel Tetdrich seems friendly; but was initially indecisive on whether he should accept the new post or not
- the heroes later discovered that there is a change in tax law that affected women, women need to pay more tax; but the people who got really affected were the singles and widows. Many can't make enough money. Some had to take loans and some had to flee (especially if they can't repay the moneylenders) to the neighboring province (where the current tax laws don't apply) to find work; but it's not easy as there's some kind of headcount quota and they needed some kind of documents/permits to do it legally (can't remember all the details here, may have a couple of things wrong or mixed up because it's so slow-paced and the exposition on certain parts so long that I was reading most of chapter 1 half-asleep).
- Chamille brought her entourage to visit the Viscount of the province, to question him on this
- Viscount said harvest was poor and have to increase taxes
- at any rate, they smelled a rat, and started investigating
- Torway and Matthew investigated warehouses covertly and found traces of harvested grains being moved
- Following that, Ikta wanted to investigate brothels with Sarazafu and Torway but Chamille went along to cockblock him
- they put up some act and managed to interview some of the whores; they learned about whores racking up debts (because of the taxes) and tried to flee to neighboring province
- Yatori and Halo dressed up as whores (they look good in the color pages), went to a moneylender who also smuggles people out of province and provide necessary documents for them.
- a group of Colonel Tetdrich's troops were supporting them, and in one fell swoop, they captured the smuggler cum moneylender and his cronies
- with enough certainty about the Viscount's scheme, Chamille and her knights went to confront him
- Viscount saw Chamille and knights except Torway, who was hiding out of sight with Viscount's secretary/assistant
- as the Third Royal Princess, Chamille exposed his crimes: Viscount hid the harvests, and sold women to the neighboring province, which is women deprived due to a previous endemic affecting mostly women.
- Viscount denied, but Ikta, along with the help of Matthew, lay verbal traps and got Viscount to say something that imply that he will kill the perpetrators (which are implied to be the scapegoats and the secretary will be implicated)
- knowing that he is betrayed, the secretary became the evidence giver leaving the Viscount with no way out; and with this the issue is resolved.
- Chamille already guessed that Colonel Tetdrich already knew of the Viscount's atrocities but still sought verbal confirmation
- Matthew upon hearing it, confronted and reprimanded his father for not saying anything, and he accepted the the reprimand shamefully.
- however, Ikta or Yatori or Chamille (can't remember who) acknowledged that Colonel Tetdrich was actually powerless, and reporting it may worsen the situation. As to why he was powerless, because the military is separated and could not interfere with domestic affairs. Even if the central govt gets wind of it, if the Prime Minister supports the Viscount (as the Emperor is effectively disabled), there is nothing even Marshal Igsem and Gen Remion could do about it
- but, thanks to Chamille, with her authority as the 3rd royal princess, she was able to put an end to this
- Colonel Tetdrich thanked Chamille, and who has an initial concern about shifting his household IIRC, finally agreed to take up the offer of overseeing the Knights Order and Shinaak tribe in the eastern lands.
- Chamille and Ikta got to spend time alone; here it was revealed the plan to resettle the Shinaak tribe originated from Chamille. Ikta went along with it because it was not a bad plan and it suited him. He then commented and asked whether this is part of Chamille's grand plan she talked about in volume 1. Chamille did not say anything to that but commented about the rot that is plaguing the Empire, and atrocities like what they witnessed is taking place throughout the Empire. Even though she was a political hostage in Kioka, she was given much freedom and witnessed the disparity between the 2 countries. Chamille shared a story about encounters with Empire refugees on the eastern frontier. They were hungry, sick, and plagued with hopelessness. Yet due to their programming about royalty being Gods, and the disparity bewteen them and nobility, they did not cry out, or scold or lash out at her as she was passing by. Anyway to cut the story short, she said a bunch of things while in tears that really strengthened her development as a character. One of the reasons why she was drawn to Ikta was because of how differently he treated her. She felt saved when someone was willing to lay blame on her for the suffering of the Empire. Even Ikta appeared somewhat moved (implied) even though he said nothing. In his mind, Chamille, who was brought up in Kioka, had the right thinking and perspective of what the Empire was like.

- With Col Tetdrich with them, the heroes proceed to the new eastern frontier, settling the Shinaak there. Col Tetdrich and his wife appeared to the right choices as they mixed around well with the Shinaak and the tribe love especially Hana (or Hannan, whatever) Tetdrich.
- while Ikta was sleeping in a hammock high up in the trees, Nanak pounced on him, but he was cockblocked by Suuya and Chamille
- switch back to central government, Prime Minister talked about the threat of Kioka's cannons and initiated campaign to take back eastern lands which encompass a mine with iron ore.
- he claimed to be acting in Emperor's capacity; it is somewhat implied that Emperor is being controlled (I'm speculating he's been given some kind of drugs) based on his behavior
- Gen Remion (General refers to Captain General which is just a rank below Marshal) was pissed; he heatedly tried to talk to the Emperor in a loud voice, but Emperor shrunk back fearfully and asked to be brought back to his room
- Marshal Igsem asked Remion to stand down
- and so the campaign was launched
- the plan is as follows: their eastern army (comprising of Sazaruufu's forces and the old Eastern army - those who were previously under Rinkan's command) will march in to take the Eastern lands; at the same time, the Empire Navy, headed by Admiral Yurugus, a transgen homo who has make-up face of pretty woman but muscular body of man, (also, Yurugus are the 3rd pillar of the 3 loyal families of the Empire) will take control of the seas south of the targeted Eastern lands, establishing a reinforcement cum supply route via sea.
- Chamille and heroes will join the naval fleet
- Ikta went back Solork orphanage to pick a family heirloom and will join up with the fleet at the final friendly port before the navy head into Kioka waters
- Chamille, Yatori and Halo will join Admiral Yurugus on the flagship, while Torway and Matthew will join Lieutenant Polmy Yurugus (niece of Admiral Yurugus) on her ship; both Torway and Matthew were scared of Admiral Yurugus who was eyeing them like prey
- also during this time, Matthew displayed his knowledge about ships, which even surprised Yatori
- each hero will also be joined with 8 of their men; the rest will join up with the main army with Major Sazaruufu
- on boarding Polmy's ship, she suddenly has a personality change, and began behaving like a pirate, and being rough on her guests; she made them work on the ship, abused them verbally
- btw, the Yurugus were descended from a famed explorer, Cpt Famed Explorer (can't remember his name)
- Polmy thought her guests were extra baggage to which Matthew vehemently rebuked, telling her that she should see them as allies that would add to her fighting force; he found her foolish to not accept every little help she could get as she has not been in actual war yet
- in any case, the duo male heroes 'suffered in silence' and looking forward to Ikta joining them.
- before that, they met the ship's commodore, an old geezer who had handed pretty much all the ship's duties to Polmy; she is said to be among the top 5 in ship handling in the whole of Empire's Navy
- geezer said that her behavior towards them partly stemmed from jealousy, due to them being younger and had already experienced actual war, earned credits, awarded Knights honor, and being hailed as heroes of the northern unrest/conflict incident, and as a descendant of Yurugus, one of the 3 loyal families, these emotions were even stronger
- Ikta joined them at final friendly port of call; he deduced what happened to Mathew and Torway and started bullying Polmy, starting off by calling her affectionately Polmyn with no honorific.
- he did all sorts of things that pissed Polmy, including hugging her, taking off her bra, and running around the deck, climbing the ropes with her running after him,
- he also set rope traps and ended tying her up a couple of times and showing off some bondage tying styles
- Matthew reminded Polmy that individual disputes have to be settled alone; this is the rule of the sea, preventing Polmy to engage her crew's help with Ikta's pranks
- finally Polmy crumbled mentally and hid herself in her cabin
- nearing the border, but still in Empire waters, Polmy's crew spotted Kioka's scouting ship.
- flagship gave Polmy the command to give chase with 2 other ships
- Yatori told Admiral Yurugus to signal to Polmy's ship to allow the rest of the heroes to stay and aid them
- Admiral Yurugus was befuddled and thought she should prioritize on the Knights' order safety as they were guests to him (or her lol) and they should bring them to the flagship with a small boat
- Yatori advised otherwise if he didn't want to lose his niece and her crew
- Polmy originally did not want the heroes to help, but Matthew shouted at her, and chided her for taking things lightly
- Polmy followed a textbook strategy, gave sharp and accurate commands to her crew and they caught up with Kioka's scouting ship and approached from the side
- btw, the whole Empire has already been equiped with air rifles (those with wind spirits), including the Navy, though the Navy did not have much practice time yet
- anyway, Torway readied his troops to shoot but Ikta held him off and kept peering and observing desperately the enemy
- he told Torway to look at the enemy ship's side for peculiarity which they saw, compartments for cannons
- the cannon doors open; Ikta cried for all to prone, only the land troops did
- cannons hit Polmy's ship; crew died, crew flew into water; masts/sails destroyed; Ikta got flung and his side got hurt with large impact and bruised; Polmy got flung and almost fell over; Matthew caught her and brought her back to consciousness and back up on board
- Polmy was stunned and could not react
- whole crew was also stunned
- only the land troops were actively fighting with their rifles and crossbows
- Torway got his troops to fire into the cannon compartments
- geezer commodore came up and shouted for the crew to get their act together
- with geezer taking over, they managed to flee; but the ship was in tatters
- Admiral Yurugus was stunned by the defeat, this was the Empire's firsthand experience with ships outfitted with cannons, she got everyone together to give a status report for the lost fight. Yatori and Matthew joined, while Halo tended to Ikta's injuries
- each person gave status report
- during Polmy's turn, she panicked and started giving excuses, saying how the fight would have gone well without the cannons,
- Admiral Yurugus was pissed and blasted Polmy for her behavior even though she was a Yurugus, and that he was just looking for a status report and not looking to assign blame. He confined her to the flagship and took her command post of her ship from her and got the geezer to take charge again
- back in the heroes's room, Ikta talked about Polmy's behavior was due to the pressures of being a Yurugus as one of the 3 loyal families, to which Torway and Yatori both looked down; Matthew then went to find Polmy later in the night, who was on the lookout deck
- Matthew was surprised to find that Polmy's real personality was a soft-spoken girl and she was just putting a front, partly due to the expectations of her as a Yurugus
- Matthew talked about the legend of the Cpt famed Explorer and how he admired him, saw through Polmy that her scar was a self-inflicted one, showed his own scar, and built rapport with Polmy => Matthew x Polmy ship starting to set sail

End switched to Kioka perspective, the fleet lead of Kioka guarding the waters south of the Empire's old eastern lands is a female commodore dubbed as Mama (I'll call her that since I can't be bothered to remember names, I think it was Elfifi or something). She has an OP ability of talking to her pet eagle allowing to read winds/currents. Mama was talking to Jean (now a Col I think) and about what happened in the north blah blah.
Mama also has capable sub-commander whom I'll call Unbeddable.

~ end of v 4 ~
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

volume 5 to 6 summaries

Post by larethian »

Volume 5:
Spoiler! :
independent events may be out of order as I can't remember
- flashback: Mama originally belonged to a lost tribe which was able to tame and communicate with eagles, and they are able to read the winds/currents and tell the weather. Jean recruited her into Kioka to make use of her talents
- Mama wanted her own kid and keep f**king everyone she met, but after a year, she didn't get any and Jean concluded that she's barren. She was saddened but Jean consoled her and changed her thinking by telling her that she can play motherly role to her crew, who would become her children
- reason was many small countries like that of Mama and Jean were destroyed, and Mama basically recruited all her crew from the survivors and remnants of these destroyed states and they were orphans who were just as lonely and deprived of 'family love'
- thus Mama practically f**ked all her crew, sometimes 3 men per night
- only guy who didn't get laid was her subcommander, Mr. Unbeddable
(I know that it sounds weird and LOLworthy the way I described it but it's not that bad when you read the text )
- on Empire side, there's a high level strategy discussion meeting
- Ikta had to stay in bed, he provided strat (as usual) and Yatori and Matthew would attend
- Matthew would act as the main strat provider partly because he knew more about boats than the rest of the heroes
- during strat call with all the ship captains/commodores gathered in addition to Yatori and Matthewl, Admiral Yurugus's subcommander, Mr Critic (again forgot the name lol), tried to convince Empire fleet to retreat
- why? because the scouting ship has cannons, and that makes it likely for entire Kioka fleet to have cannons, since they won't send a ship with cannon to scout if cannons are still rare. he also gave a bunch of other arguments and played on their fears after the rest of captains saw what happened to Polmy's ship when they passed by it while boarding the flagship; Polmy's ship is currently kept afloat by scooping water out
- Adm Yurugus didn't like to run away and was a little pissed but acknowledged Critic's points and his given role in shooting holes to their plans.
- Critic says it's quite dumb to carry on the expedition if the whole Kioka fleet has cannons just to preserve their admiral's face
- Yatori stepped in and say it's not just the admiral's face is on the line, but the land expedition as well.
- by running away, they not only lose the ability to reinforce and create a supply line to the land expedition, which will likely be caught up in a drawn out war as the mine is a highly defensible area, the Kioka will then be able to reinforce their own troops to defeat the land expedition
- she then invited Matthew to provide the strategy
- after all that, Admiral Yurugus smiles, says the strat is interesting, and after the navy has provided their expert advice on naval fights to make adjustments to the strat, he thinks that it might work given the skill of their fleet
- they are also going to give a sea burial to Polmy's ship, the crew is reassigned, and the heroes also reassigned
- before that, Yatori had a converstation with Ikta and asked why he got Matthew to stand in for him this time
- Ikta said he's the best for the job, and he has overworked during the northern retreat battle
- Yatori says 'yeah you even missed out on sleep and meals'
- she also grumbled that next time, she would be the one to give away the little finger and there was no argument about that
- Ikta smiled wryly and said if that's what she desired and she said that's what "Yatorishino" desired
- he then said, 'since that day, his desire is what Yatori desires'
- Chamille heard their conversation, was crushed, and ran back to cabin
- finally on ship reassignment: Ikta, Torway on separate ships, Matthew on another ship with geezer and Polmy, Halo and Yattori and Chamille will remain on flagship
- Ikta got everyone to bring 10 bottles of premium liquor, acquired by Chamille in advance, to their own assigned ship to build rapport with the captain and crew. This is to break down any barrier, possible misgivings with the land troops, and ensure that they can effectively fight alongside with one another. The fact the liquor is a product of a legendary discovery (or something to that effect) of Cpt Famed Explorer increased this effect
- on Polmy's ship, geezer and the captain are old friends, but the rest of the lieutenants jeered and bullied Polmy due to their jealousy of her skill and promotion to handle a ship previously, they made fun of her failure; fortunately Matthew stepped in and pacified the situation before it got out of hand with the liquor
- on the flagship, Halo was setting up field medical centers on the ship; Mr. Critic commended on her and her men's abilities.
- then as he passed by her, he whispered into her ear, greeted her and called her 'comrade', to which Halo stiffened
- back to Kioka POV, Mama was surprised by the sudden appearance of the Empire fleet, as she did not expect them until a few days later.
- she deployed 16 ships on external with side facing outwards (one of them was her flagship), and got 20 normal ships readied inside, closer to the harbor
- Based on Ikta's advice, Torway could tell that only 8 of the ships had cannons because their ship bodies were lower, the rest were faking
- through the clever use of upwind and downwind positions and slanted facing of their fleet (the details of the mechanics flew over my head), Kioka's effective cannon range was about the same as the air rifles' range
- Suuya was on lookout deck with Ikta who was monitoring entire situation at the highest possible point, she caught on to the mechanics at the end of the day before Ikta finished; and inside Ikta, he thought, 'hey this girl is growing and could grow further', thanks to her constant association with him.
- when Empire ships got close within cannon range, they fired their air rifles at the cannon operators
- anyway, it was a fierce fight between the 2 fleets
- Mama ordered her cannon fitted ships to run away first and act as support instead as the central 20 ships come to reinforce them
- but 3 of the Kioka cannon ships were caught up and overrun
- 2 were fighting and could be lost
- Mama knew that if she lost more than 4 of the cannon ships it was over for their fleet as she would not have enough cannon ships to implement her strat
- one of those fighting had Unbeddable heading to rescue (either that or he was it itself I can't recall)
- she ordered her flagship (also a cannon ship) to go save the other, she was confident of her ability
- the one she went other was engaged with the ship Polmy and Matthew were on
- can't really remember the sequence of events, but the Polmy-Matthew ship had both their geezers injured during cannon blasts; as the other lieutenants were against Polmy given command of the ship, the geezer asked Matthew to decide as it involved the fate of his men and him and also because Matthew was on the original Polmy ship previously and experienced Polmy's failure first hand; Matthew says based on his experience in the north where he also made a lot of mistakes, he rather trust his life to one who has made more mistakes than one who hasn't yet made a single mistake, thus Polmy becomes acting captain of the ship
- the ship they were engaged in got away, as the Mama flagship fought them
- meanwhile, I can't recall how, but Yatori was somehow on the ship that Unbeddable was on, he recognized her as an Igsem and saw how OP she was and called her a monster, knowing that they are just food folder, and with some kind of pride in him, he raised the negotiation flag
- Yatori stopped her forces, and asked for conditions
- Unbeddable challenges Yatori to personal combat, if he wins, they continue fighting, if she wins, whole crew will surrender thus there was no real disadvantage to them
- Admiral Yugurus agreed to conditions
- Yatori was too OP and defeated Unbeddable without breaking a sweat
- meanwhile, as she took the chains of command, Polmy first sung a song on/of Cpt Famed Explorer. This act greatly raised the spirits of the crew and removed all the ensued confusion from the cannon blasts
- she then ordered the ship to give up on chasing the ship that was getting away and turn around to engage the flagship
- she says if they conquer the enemy flagship, they will win and the fighting will stop
- Mama made a feint, and Polmy reacted properly and in time; Mama was impressed by the opposing captain's ability
- but Mama had cheat code because of her eagle which aided her ship maneuvers; in the end, Polmy got injured too, it was not fatal but she was losing blood and started losing consciousness
- Matthew realized something suspicious with the hovering bird making weird sounds and got his men to shoot it down
- Mama lost bird and was confused, and unable to give decisive commands to her crew and in ship maneuvers
- Matthew and Polmy ship crew boarded Mama ship and fought melee
- Matthew saw a lot of senseless bloodshed and suddenly recalled Ikta's words, "a war must be fought in a relaxed and easy manner. that's the correct way to fight a war" (something to that effect)
- Matthew then raised a flag of negotiation
- in the end Mama realized that they had lost and the harbor had been overrun and she surrendered
- in the end, with the captured ships, the Empire's force remained close to the fighting strength as before, and Admiral Yurugus was pleased
- Mama was captive, got to meet Ikta and realized why she lost (from what she learnt from Jean)
- Critic was talking to Yatori about her exploits, and before he left, Yatori exposed him as a spy and suddenly a bunch of armed men appeared surrounding him
- aside from the messenger pigeon caught, Yatori said that while debating and persuading the Empire to give up on the expedition, Critic knew too much about the inner workings of Kioka's ships and cannon tech, exposed him as spy; admiral Yurugus was disappointed in him and said that he was a good subordinate
- but what Yatori did not guess was that he was more than an Empire spy for Kioka, but a member of the phantom squad (a name give to a group of people in Kioka specially trained to carry out covert ops, espionage, propaganda and infiltration missions)
- while being brought away by soldiers, as they were passing by Halo, Critic took Halo hostage
- Yatori taunts him to kill Halo as she knew that he wouldn't do it which will lose him his hostage
- Critic taunts back and says he could cut a ear off to show how serious he was
- Yatori says when he did that, the window of opportunity is enough for her to cut off his head
- Critic then asked to be given horse and 3 days' food/water
- Yatori can follow him at safe distance before Critic releases Halo; safe distance being Yatori can't rescue Halo without risking her life while at the same time if Critic kills her, Yatori can catch up to him still
- after retrieving Halo, Yatori apologized due to her negligence; Halo shook her head and kept saying sorry. It can be inferred that Halo was apologizing for some other reason here and she might also be a spy.
- finally Chamille and heroes set off from harbor to link up with Sazaruufu and land troops
- Ikta also complimented on Matthew's decision to raise the negotiation flag and got Mama to surrender
- before they left, Polmy came to sent off Matthew; they exchanged some form of family heirlooms and set a promise to meet up again to return the stuff LOL.
- Polmy then suddenly kissed Matthew, shocking him, then scolded him dummy and ran back with a red face (Matthew x Polmy ship sailed LOL)

~ this ends the first part of v5 which spanned about 50-60% of volume 5 ~

- Sazaruufu trying to get along with his superior, MJ Gen Shiba who seems to be expressionless, but to no avail; Shiba likes to start everything with "......pointless"
- heroes linked up with Sazaruufu, the presence of princess Chamille increase their morale
- appears warrant officer Lukaanti, sister of said warrant officer in v2 whom I decided not to mention; she's a fan of Yatori
- Ikta wanted an update, Sazaruufu said that enemy was holding in and morale was dropping for them as time goes on, but one day, a balloon suddenly flew into the mine, and their morale increases and they were vehement about not surrendering at the negotiation meeting
- Ikta and Yatori accompanies Sazaruufu to 4th negotiation
- dang, Ikta and Jean met again and both were pissed right away
- Jean's subcommander, who is the sister of the phantom squad captain killed by Yatori in v3, also wanted to fight Yatori but Jean told her to stand down
- Ikta deduced it was because of the arrival of the Unsleeping Radiant General that the enemy got a morale boost, he also saw through this was an independent act of heroism on Jean's part and that there was no such order from their top brass for Jean to 'drop' in
- negotiations came to a standstill again
- Kioka's perspective, Jean's subordinates were surprised that Ikta saw through them that this was an independent decision on their part though they claimed that they still have a trump card he did not know; however they did not expect Ikta to be there and things have become more problematic for the Kioka forces
- Ikta thought of an interesting strat, he went to talk to commander, MJ Gen Shiba about it
- initially, Shiba had concerns and as usual starts with "pointless", but Ikta brought up his old name and past history, Shiba together with Rikan were known as the "Twin Walls of the Sun", and after a few more additions, Shiba broke into a smile for the first time, and said it was interesting; after this, there appeared to be closer rapport between Shiba and Ikta
- On Jean's side, a platoon of Kioka came to link up with them; Jean says it's impossible for troops to break through Empire who has surrounded mine from outside on land
- but it turns out that it was released POW from the Empire
- Jean's face turned sour and realized what was Ikta's strategy
- by releasing POW back to Jean, they add additional resource burdens on them, especially with regards to food
- furthermore, Jean cannot abandon these POW troops, as the army guarding the mine will lose trust in Jean if he is seen to abandon troops to suit his convenience; this is because the army guarding the mine were not directly under Jean's command and had no prior relationship and bonds with Jean; so the trust can be shaken easily if not careful. Jean's presence was what gave the army morale to continue holding out. If he is seen to abandon the POW because it affects his strat, then if the minecannot be held any longer, he might abandon them (he is after all a very important asset to Kioka). This is why Jean must definitely accept the POW troops if he did not want to risk this trust breaking and Ikta knew that very well
- following days, there will be more and more POW troops released to Jean to drain his food supplies
- meanwhile, Jean got his people to extend the tunnels in the mines to try to dig an underground way out far from the mine.
- again, Ikta, Yatori and Chamille happened to be left alone
- Yatori started combing Chamille's hair; all this time Chamille had enjoyed the affection shown by Yatori and Halo; but suddenly, Chamille remembered the conversation Ikta and Yatori had on the ship (especially about Ikta's wish is what Yatori wished for), she suddenly grew angry, brushed Yatori's hand away, and scolded her, "know your place, are you trying to take the place of my mother or big sister?"
- Yatori was shocked stunned. I can't remember whether she apologized here or later, but Yatori apologized that she got ahead of herself, and was just a Knight and guard for Chamille, and was not privileged to serve her personal needs directly
- Chamille ran away back to her tent
- Ikta and Knights were going to discuss the next move; as Ikta wanted to seek Yatori's input on one of his concerns, he was interrupted by arriving unfamiliar officers that wanted to talk to Yatori alone, she left, and Ikta was stunned and left too
- they met up again later in tent, and Yatori's face was grim, and she said that she has been recalled back to central region for certain reasons
- everyone was surprised, Ikta then tapped his finger in Kioka code and silently asks, "what's up?"
- Yatori reply in same code, "can't say"
- Ikta's felt a chill as there are few things which Yatori and him can't share between each other, and even more so right now while they were at critical stage of war
- He deduced that something would be bad if Yatori says it, and quickly change the mood by asking when she's leaving, which is 2 hours later, Ikta nods and says to come back here in an hour later, and he rushes off
- Ikta rushes to Commander Shiba's tent where high grade officials are all gathered; he asked Shiba straight about the matter; while Shiba did not give a straight answer right away; Ikta then asks by whose order is this; Shiba answers 'Marshal Igsem'; messenger officers protested and Shiba silenced them saying that it's unreasonable to recall 2000 troops without giving any sort of info or reason; Ikta then asked who else was recalled since a total of 2000 troops were recalled; from the names given by Shiba, Ikta knew they were pro-Igsem faction; which matches what he thought because if Yatori would keep secrets from him, it would be with regards to matters regarding the Igsem family
- Ikta also reasoned that the fact the recall happens now at such a large scale while they were on campaign means that the only matter big enough would be a coup detat. He also reasoned that since Marshal Igsem only called on those whom he has absolute trust, the mastermind is probably Gen Remion; shocking everyone in tent
- Yatori went to Chamille's tent, but her attendant says she doesn't want to see anyone
- while outside the tent, Yatori told Chamille she was recalled and asked her to take care, and for her safety, from now on, always stay with the Knights whatever she does
- after waiting for a reply that did not come, Yatori left
- Chamille wavered and wanted to go out, but in the end she did not and was 'alone' once more
- Yatori met the rest of the Knights outside the rest of tent and Matthew pressed her to say more
- Yatori says she can't reveal more until she gets a good grasp of the situation but she drops strong hints, saying that if anyone threatens the military order, as an Igsem, she will deal with it no matter who the other party is
- Torway got the hint, trembled, and said, "so Father really went and did it"
- Yatori says she knows Torway is not involved and not told at all about this, probably because Torway was too kind and can't decisively shoot an enemy that was yeterday's friend; she also said she felt relieved that Torway is not a clear enemy because she would be concerned about the ranged power if so
- this shook the rest of the knights as they saw Yatori's resolve in seeing a friend as an enemy without hesitation if it comes to so
- Yatori says it'd be fine if Torway doesn't take any side and remains as he is, but if he does, the rest of the knights must also decide, to take Igsem side or Remion side
- this shakes the group even more
- Yatori says resolutely tgat she hopes that things can be resolved without this kind of fighting, but if things come to shove...
- Ikta then appears and says 'not hope, but wish for it'.
- Ikta then tells Yatori strongly, "Wish it of me, Yatori! As long as you wish it earnestly, I'll bring it to fruition." He then points to the setting sun, "even if it means pulling out that sun once more, even if it means to reach the limits of the sky, I'll stretch my hand and reach it."
- Yatori eyes widened at him for using such an unscientific statement to make his point (literature-wise, there is actually one more interesting reason on why this metaphor was used which you will see later)
- Ikta then said, "Even if you are unable to wish for it, I'll wish it for you. The thing that you have been wishing all this while is my one and only wish!"
- Yatori's resolve was shaken, and she mumbles, "can I really wish it..."
- To hide her shaken resolve, Yatori faces her back to them, and left, increasing her pace as she walked
- with Yatori gone, the rest of the knights are shaken by the split, Matthew asks what they should do
- Ikta then said now, the thing that has been troubling him is gone and he is clear on what he needs to do, he asks the other knights to also get prepared to make some tough decision; he asked them to gather every one in the tent, using Chamille's name, and he will go fetch the princess
- All officers gathered in tent and complaining; Ikta makes entrance with Chamille with Kusu (Ikta's light spirit) in Chamille's arms
- Ikta starts off with, "we are fighting a pointless war right from the beginning", he then went on to criticize the decree which treats them like toys, sacrificing Lt Gen Rikan because of failed policy and suddenly changing their mind again and thinking that they need the eastern lands after all
- some officer asks him to shut up and it's disrespectful to criticize imperial decree; Ikta then says "yeah it's your job to use such a reason to stop all rational thought in people", but yet it's also hard to lay blame on that because what they do is absolutely right as military men, and thanks to that kind of righteousness, Rikan lost his life, and that Ikta had honestly wanted him to live on even if he was branded a coward
- He then said, "how long are you all going to continue this farce?"
- he then became heated and started scolding them, telling them the military's purpose is to protect the citizens lives and possessions, maintaining peace, but yet, the fruit of their wins get usurped by the nobles
- someone then said, "this is a rebellion! restrain him and give a court marshal!"
- Ikta then says, "it's too late for that! for right now, a rebellion is already happening, a coup detat orchestrated by Gen Remion!"
- everyone was stunned and looked at commander Shiba, who confirmed it with his silence, Shiba then asked Ikta what is his purpose in doing this
- Ikta says he's here to present them with a choice, not joining the rebels, or non-rebel side, but a 3rd choice, everyone waits with bated breath
- Ikta then tells a story,
"There was once a person in the empire military. he is thought to not amount to anything, he has subpar physical abilities, average looks, everything about him was average, and during tactical discussion/debate, he will come up with something strange and out-of-this-world, anyway, he was given the nickname of Midday-Lantern (in other words 'useless'). If things carried on this way, he would be forever a Midday Lantern, but he was not blessed with such luck. The world around him was plunged to war. During this time, there were 2 distinguished capable people, Solvenares Igsem (current Marshal), and Telshinha Remion (current Gen). Despite their capabilities and their abilities to win fights, due to their rank as lieutenants at that time, they were unable to give their voice to strategic discussions. As such they keep racking lost battles and were unable to overturn the situation. Faced with despair and the prospect of death, a forgotten Midday Lantern started shining at this time."
- by now, everyone in the room knew who Ikta was talking about; about the memory of a past hero who had been sealed with the branding of a 'war criminal' (I was almost shedding tears at this point ;_; )
- Ikta: "this man thought of something outrageous which was something sneered by everyone except the young Igsem and Remion who thought there was worth in trying; in the end they succeeded in retreating thanks to this man's strategy. Because of this, the young Igsem and Remion became friends with this man. And due to the differing factions, the young Igsem and Remion normally wouldn't have even become close or familiar with each other, but thanks to this man's intervention, they became unthinkably close to call each other 'Sol' and 'Tel'. The 3 then became really close, and thanks to the young Igsem and Remion, this man became more 'active' and displayed his ingenuity in strategies, troop use and deployment, and whatever he came up with is new and outlandish in a revolutionary way. Those who used to mock him as Midday Lantern stopped, he was now likened to the Sun of Dawn, respected by his peers, loved by his superiors. And he also gained 2 young subordinates who were excellent and aspiring. They were Rikan and Shiba, who would later be known as the 'Twin Walls of the Sun'."
- Ikta looked at Commander Shiba, who had dropped his cold expressionless face, and was listening intently, waiting for more.
- Ikta: "The man ascended rapidly, and soon, he was entrusted with a regiment on the front lines. When the soldiers on the front lines were plunged into predicaments, this man will say 'Don't give up! No matter how dark the night is, there is no night without dawn! For we are protected by the sun!' He will inspire them with this."
- Ikta signaled to Chamille who aimed Kusu at him
- Ikta then said, "There is no night without dawn. I love these words for they are an astronomical phenomenon, a basic scientific fact."
- Ikta then took out from his pocket a fine silverwork, which was hand sized, octagon, decorated with arrowheads on the hem, Chamille then shine Kusu's light at it. The silverwork looks initially like a military emblem, but with the light, light radiated from the arrowheads from the center of the silverwork, which makes it look like the rising sun at dawn.
- Shiba trembled
- Ikta then said, "The son of the Empire's army General Bada Sankrei, Ikta Sankrei, shall tell you this. The sun which had sunk with my father's death, rise again. It's dawn. Now, the former distinguished warriors led by the Empire's famed general. The most powerful army in this world - the Rising Sun Regiment!'
- Chamille was briefed on what had happened back home and knew Ikta had set this up to take control of the entire army to break through the situation, but did not know the details and did not expect this, so she was just as surprised
- the whole room was in an uproar, the other heroes and Shiba were stunned
- Ikta had met Shiba when he was young and they were reunited; he told Shiba about his plan to form a 3rd force to resolve this infighting or the Empire will be doomed from both infighting of 2 powerful factions and external intrusion of Kioka who would definitely take advantage of this; he told Shiba that this is possible
- Shiba started laughing loudly and shouted to his long dead friend, Rikan that he's missing out on all this since he went and kick the bucket so early, and that the sun had indeed risen again
- he then accepted the call to restore the Rising Sun Regiment under Ikta's command. Fortunately 1/4 of the officers here had fought with Ikta's dad before, and half of them looked up to Rikan and Shiba
- Ikta told Shiba to round up all the forces, and isolate those who might be of Remion faction
- Ikta apologized to his friends for hiding this as he never thought that it would come to this
- Sazaruufu then told Ikta that this is akin to starting a 2nd rebellion
- Ikta said that he's prepared for the consequences and so is Chamille
- he then told the rest to make their decisions
- and end off saying he couldn't do this alone and need their help
- and they all joined his cause
- Ikta then told Chamille to take Yatori's job of kicking him in the butt if he gets cocky
- he also told Chamille that everyone makes mistakes, and there will be a chance for her to apologize to Yatori
- Chamille nods, in her heart, she really wants to see Yatori again, wants to mend their relationship, but yet, another part of her hopes that things remain this way and that Ikta only looks at her.

~ end of v5 ~
Volume 6:
Spoiler! :
The volume started with Remion faction trying to find the PM and rescue the Emperor, and slaying all the nobles. They failed to find the PM and the Emperor, and a team also failed to restrain Marshal Igsem who had the help of his uncle, a 70 year old geezer with only one arm, and things went down for the Remions. Reason being Marshal Sol Igsem can now marshal his forces, and also being unable to find the Emperor puts Tel and co at severe disadvantage. Their original plan was to find the Emperor, rescue him from the clutches of PM and have the Emperor issue a decree that legitimizes what the Remion faction is doing. This will put a dent in Igsem faction morale and the Remion faction can also resolve the infighting before Kioka invades. The Igsems are just too f**king OP, dauntless, and they have the brains to back up their OPness. And too many variables went awry and out of expectation for Tel, most critical one being them unable to find the Emperor.

Ikta and the RSR (Rising Sun Regiment - they actually have another kana name but I'll just use RSR for convenience and easy rememberance) pulled out from the mine area, leaving a bewildered Kioka. But of course, Jean being Jean could already guess what was happening.

Yatori went through a pass and annihilated a prepositioned Remion force with hardly any losses and quickly reached the central region (in 2 weeks?). Sol also promoted her to major, and acting LT Colonel.

Anyhow, Sol and Tel squared off. Tel tried to talk things out with Sol based on their old friendship and failed, with Sol being an Igsem and all. Aside from the Igsem duty and the importance of preserving the integrity of the military and command structure, Sol believed that Tel's policy would not work (Tel wanted the military to be involved in running the country and stuff). Appears RSR and Ikta. Ikta talked for almost 100 pages (mobile version which was probably equal to around 60-70 pages). His purpose was to find common ground between Sol and Tel. In the end, the most important lacking point was that the Emperor was missing. Negotiations stopped and they went to search for the Emperor. RSR was at disadvantage due to lack of cavalry and could cover less ground. All sides wanted to secure the Emperor, but Ikta was okay with Tel securing the Emperor. He tried to deploy his forces in a way that would act as deterrents to the forces clashing which was very tough due to various factors.

Anyway things did not go as well during the search process and clashes occurred. The Igsem geezer was crazy as f**k and had the best trained cavalry in the Empire. Matthew and Torway were almost killed but they survived. It was nice to see Matthew remaining calm in the face of danger. Torway defeated the Igsem geezer later. A few more chapters down from the manga and currently translated LN parts, you will find out about the wimpy nature of Torway and his brothers being assholes to him. Torway's accuracy is super high but he is too kind and finds it hard to shoot a human being. That's why the closer the range, the better he can see the face, the worse would be his accuracy. How Torway defeated the one-arm Igsem geezer was actually quite interesting. He first used a tactic that his father once used and surrounded and trapped Igsem geezer. He then challenged the geezer one-on-one. Geezer rushed him on his horse, Torway closed his eyes until the last moment. And he shot the arm of the geezer which was unexpected. This proved important as Torway knew about the OP powers of the Igsems and needed an element of surprise. Furthermore, because he was not aiming to kill, he was able to shoot with unerring accuracy at such close range. Of course I skipped many details and all 3 factions were actually there and Torway was in fact trying to rescue his bros and there were many factors and things that happened and blah blah too much work to go into them.

And the reason why Torway's brothers were being assholes to him was because they disapproved him of being in the army. They knew he was too nice to kill and he would die if he could not kill on the field. That's why they wanted him to not join the military and sneer at him and made fun of his cowardice and telling how shitty he was as a military man. All in all, great and satisfying character development and fleshing for Torway in this volume (we are only left with Halo now, who has practically zero development and hinted to be a spy of some sorts ).

Anyway, from clues and deduction, Ikta and Chamille forces reached the PM first. And that's the end of V6 bummer which annoyed me greatly
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

volume 7 summary

Post by larethian »

Volume 7:
Spoiler! :
- volume starts off with 10-year old Yatori who was on excursion to visit RSR, she got led around by her guards and guides delaying her arrival time
- reason was because Bada and Ikta Sankrei were together with Anarai and students preparing for a surprise to make an artificial rainbow and there were some delays
- this marks the first encounter with ‘science’ for Yatori
- before this, after a morning exercise with her father, Yatori was asked by Sol whether she’s interested in a 3-month excursion to visit the RSR for the purpose of learning
- Yatori agrees and Sol reminded her that whatever she sees and learns there, remember that she’s still an Igsem
- after welcome surprise and her first meeting with the Sankreis, the RSR co., and the scientists of Anarai, she found the environment to be vastly different from where she was brought up, which was strict and formal, and all she does is training, studying, and learning about war matters
- here at the RSR, she got acquainted with the concept of ‘fun’, ‘freedom’, and informal speech
- on the following morning, Ikta brought Yatori to ‘play’, and their first ‘mission’ was to steal some ingredients from the kitchen for her Mom, Yuuka Sankrei
- Yatori was initially doubtful but played along for the sake of the mission
- Her agility surprised Ikta and they successfully carried out their mission through deception and agility
- this was her first experience of being a ‘bad kid’ and carrying out mischief

- coming back to present, Yatori woke up from her sweet memories
- reviewing what happened in the past volume, at this point in time, RSR search group led by Ikta got to the PM Trisnai and Emperor first after PM issued a royal decree to carrying out a royal meeting
- One-handed Igsem Gramps returned to Yatori’s camp after his defeat at Torway’s hands and handed overall command to Yatori now that his only arm was injured as well and he felt that he was no longer up to it after his harrowing experience
- Igsem faction search expedition led by Yatori proceeds southwards to where Ikta is
- originally, it was expected that Remion faction will link up with RSR first, but due to sudden betrayals in their camp, they were delayed, and it seems like Igsem faction will proceed unimpeded and reach Ikta first
- switch scene to Ikta
- it’s revealed that everything up till now had been orchestrated by Trisnai
- even the rebellion was facilitated by Trisnai, who had a hand in the eastern expedition (recapturing of the mine), which was done so to create an opportunity for Tel Remion to carry out his rebellion plans which Trisnai was aware
- Trisnai was actually of royal blood, and is effectively illegitimate uncle of Chamille, and brother of current emperor
- illegitimate birth or not, he could not have royalty recognition due to the timing and religious reasons which I will ignore here
- now it seems like he wants to orchestrate and rule from the shadows
- he wants to make Chamille the next emperor and Ikta to be the top of the military and to destroy the Igsems
- it is unclear why at this point but this means killing Yatori so Ikta and Chamille objected
- Trisnai then told Chamille the true nature of her birth
- due to the internal politics of royalty, where the siblings sought to kill one another to put themselves in line of ascension and resulting in some of them dead, the Emperor was tired of it and did not want any kids
- Chamille was conceived to one of the concubines and when Emperor learned of it, he was very annoyed and did not want the child; this hurt Chamille greatly
- Trisnai suggested to Emperor that she has value as a political hostage and put her in Kioka; but he did that to put Chamille out of harm’s way from the internal politics and says that he’s her benefactor
- Ikta was angry at the BS and covered her ears
- Ikta wanted to kill Trisnai but Trisnai activated the royal spirit who speaks through all spirits in the Empire (this is how public decrees and announcement get issued)
- I forgot the exact details but it says something to effect that commends those who sides with the Igsem and brands those who don’t as traitors (there is a significant context to this but it’s just too bothersome to explain in a summary)
- Trisnai then says that he has a setup such that if he dies, all the spirits in the empire will shutdown, which will be disastrous; essentially he’s holding all the spirits as hostages
- Ikta left guards to secure Trisnai and Emperor and left with Chamille, pissed

- flashback again to 10-year old Yatori and Ikta, they had fun together, caught fish together and engaged in various other ‘missions’ etc.
- one morning in a discussion class by Anarai, Anarai posed a historical battle of the Empire as a question for discussion and analysis
- Yatori volunteered and analyzed the outcome of a lost battle at length, with her alacrity alarming to the other scientists; Ikta then objected to her analysis and held an opposing view and they started debating intensely; all the other adults around were just too stunned at the high specs of the kids
- Bada came in and said both points are valid, Yatori from a tactical point of view while Ikta from a strategic point of view
- he then proposed a competition between the two and mobilized 600 men to carry out a number of missions under their command
- both Yatori and Ikta will take turns to take on the roles of field commander (tactical level) and supreme commander (strategic level) to carry out the same or similar missions on different days
- through a series of exercises which they failed miserably, they both competed fiercely to take full responsibility and blame of their roles
- Ikta and Yatori then refined their roles and agreed that things will not always go as planned and instead of planning for every detail and contingency, it’s important to give certain level of autonomy to the field commander to take certain charge with discretion
- their refinement and cooperation improved and they got more successes
- at the end of the day, Bada managed to make them see things from different viewpoints of supreme and field commanders
- Bada also talked about the problem with current hierarchical chain of command and if the top starts rotting, it can’t be stopped and that he would not want his subordinates to die meaningless deaths
- during this period of carrying out field missions and exercises, Ikta and Yatori take baths together and their bond strengthened as they talk a lot about different things
- Ikta then told Yatori that she should be herself and choose her path of her free will and not be bounded to the Igsem military tradition to which Yatori has her reservations; Ikta even proposed that she should go see the world, solve the world’s mysteries and have many exciting adventures with him
- one day, together with Banjin-nii and Nazuna-nee (both students of Anarai), they went to do some wildlife investigation / research
- Banjin and Nazuna went back to base camp as they forgot some gear, and left them at a hut which is part of the military estate of RSR
- as they explored a bit, they encountered a pack of hungry wolves, which were starving due to weather or climate issues affecting the food chain of the area
- they dashed back to the hut and bolted it; Yatori says she’s confident if there’s only one, but with this many (about 6?), she can’t deal with them with certainty, especially there seems to be an old, cunning veteran hunter as leader of the pack
- the wolves circled the building and waited, then laid low
- the duo knew they wouldn’t give up as they were starving, they worried about Banjin and Nazuna when they are going to come back the next morning, they will be in danger
- as such, they have to do something
- they have a bowgun and a dozen and a half arrows, with Yatori’s two blades
- Ikta set some traps, opened the door, luring in the pack, and effectively dispatched two
- the rest of the pack left momentarily and then came back due to the leader’s conviction
- to cut the story short, there was an intense showdown with the wolves, and this is where the concept of “Two as One” began for the duo in this encounter
- so in the end, they dispatched the wolves
- some time after the wolf incident, it was the end of the 3-month excursion and Yatori was scheduled to go back
- Yatori asked Bada to consider sending his son to military college in future because of his talent and Bada disagree saying Ikta should live his own life to do what he wants, and she should too
- Yuuka starts to miss her like her own daughter and Yatori also saw her as the mother she never knew, whom she lost at the age of 2, and asked to be stroked by her
- Ikta parted with Yatori and they have a mutual promise of “being two as one” and that they will meet again
- 3 months later, Sol told Yatori about Bada being branded as a traitor for disobeying a decree and that he died in jail and the mother and son were missing
- Yatori was shocked and asked her father “.... why father?!”, as it was Sol who captured Bada, and he remained silent

- coming back to present again, Ikta visited Trisnai again in his confined area without Chamille this time to spare her the pain of Trisnai’s taunts
- Trisnai revealed more of his scheme this time
- he told Ikta several shocking things, including about his viewpoint of current system with Igsem as military backbone encouraging the rot of the nobles, along with other things that Ikta saw in the same way
- as Trisnai revealed stuff gradually, and it becomes confusing if not properly organized, I shall summarized everything at one go about what Trisnai was trying to accomplish retrospective to what was revealed to date in volume 7:
: even though Trisnai was of royal blood, he was illegit
: when Trisnai started serving as PM to his brother (or cousin???), he recognized the problems of the system and backbone made up of Igsem and the nobles are taking advantage of it; as the Emperor has also fallen into depravity
: he saw something in Chamille and his goal was to make her the next Emperor, and at the same time get rid of Igsem and restruct the military
: since the Emperor has already fallen into depravity, he started feeding him drugs that will mess his mind up so that he can puppet him
: he knew the other nobles will not agree on getting rid of Igsems through decree so he began orchestrating things
: he then orchestrated the rebellion indirectly and wanted to coerce Ikta and Chamille to follow his way
: he also has some trump cards to force the war to end before Kioka takes advantage of internal strife situation they are in
: he has painstakingly planted spies successfully in all factions
: the result is the delay of Remion faction so that Igsem faction can catch up, he knew the path Sol will take due to the need to end this stupid war with meaningless loss of lives and that Yatori will be able to take down Ikta which will destroy the head and thus purpose of RSR effectively ending the war, if Ikta does not follow Trisnai’s way
: at any rate, to cut things short again, Trisnai is a fox and a piece of shit, even though he thinks he’s doing the right thing for the Empire, and because he effectively wants to get rid of Igsem in one way or another, Chamille and Ikta will not work with him

- RSR continue moving southwards (?) with Emperor and Trisnai in their grasp to escape Igsem faction and hoping to link up with Remion faction
- Ikta will hold RSR in defensive position at an area filled with rocky terrain with a few cliff outcrops and large boulders
- his plan is to defend against Yatori group for 4 days while Remion faction will hurry to link up with them
- on Yatori’s end, she awaited for Sol’s orders
- Sol took the path expected by Trisnai, though with anguish remembering the face of Bada, his son, and her daughter’s face
- but it was needed due to Igsem beliefs and also the need to end the war before Kioka invades
- when Yatori read the orders from her father to kill Ikta, she was stunned and faltered
- her subordinates were surprised at her loss of composure, she then asked to be given some time and headed back to her room

- flashback again
- it was 4 years after Yatori visited the RSR (so she was about 13-14) and she enrolled into military prep school
- she was reunited with Ikta and learned about what happened on the fateful day
- Ikta and his mother fled and traveled around, Yuuka was worn out and she fell prey to sickness, and Yatori was crushed when she learned of Yuuka’s death
- after Yuuka died, Ikta then stumbled upon an orphanage and had been residing there, he got scholarship to enter this school as it was a government orphanage
- Yatori wanted Ikta to blame her but Ikta had no resentment towards Yatori nor Sol, as he understood it was the higher ups issue, and Bada probably surrendered on his own accord to not cause Sol trouble
- details are going to be messy hereon because of too many things which I can’t remember the order
- Sol actually had been trying to find Ikta and Mom to bring them into his house under his protection
- Ikta decided to enroll in this school to meet Yatori and also told her that he’s going to abduct her and keep her away from the Igsem and her fate
- this is because of the current rot in nobles and the problem of the Igsem system which is old-fashioned and has various issues
- Yatori says she agrees with the issues but cannot just discard her Igsem identity and responsibility
- Ikta knew it’s not going to be overnight thing and thus he enrolled in this school and will take these years to persuade her
- at the same time, Yatori also suggest Ikta to come to her house and be adopted; she said adoption has been done before but mostly as son-in-law (ie. the male will take on the Igsem name)
- Ikta spat out his drink on hearing this to which Yatori replied wryly that this won’t be the case this time and he will just become a foster son but will serve the military as an Igsem; he can’t learn the dual wield skill this late but his talent will be sufficient to serve as an Igsem in the military
- Ikta of course refuse since this goes against his plan to abduct her lol
- they hung out together often as pals, but Ikta frequently plays the slacker during school time
- Matthew appears one day to challenge Yatori saying the he will beat her one day (in terms of results), Yatori says bring it on
- Ikta told Matthew that he could advise him how to beat Yatori to which Matthew called BS
- Yatori was surprised at Ikta’s attitude toward Matthew as he had been distancing himself from everyone else
- Ikta said he respected his persistence and that he could be one day be a valuable ally to Yatori and urged Yatori to commend him whenever appropriate
- they went out to play one day and carried out various acts of mischief, such as foiling a cheater at a gambling house
- around this time Ikta also began his fooling ways with elder women and said that when he saw an older woman being lonely and needs comfort and security, his body just moved on its own
- while Yatori disapproves and comments that he never had luck with such ‘pranks’ compared to others as he often got beaten up by the husband, but she didn’t say more as she understood the actual older woman whom Ikta wanted to protect was no longer there and this was the root reason
- Ikta brought Yatori to an apparel shop whose owner was a lady he ‘played’ with, and told her that he brought her the best diamond in the world (diamond referring to Yatori)
- the lady was happy to see gorgeous Yatori
- in the changing room, she said she was pleased because she was worried about Ikta’s unhealthy interest in older women and he seemed to be chasing after a shadow
- and she remarked that today, she saw how Ikta looked straight at Yatori instead of looking past her as he did with the older women when ‘chasing after the shadow’, which puts her at ease
- Yatori was perplexed at her dress which sacrificed mobility, lady said it looked good on her
- Ikta upon seeing Yatori was speechless
- then they continued hanging out and Ikta went to buy some snacks (or drinks or whatever)
- Yatori walked around and walked into a shop with a couple duo trying to sell her jewellery
- a bunch of thugs came in and demanded repayment for their debts; Yatori saw through their scheme of supplying fake jewellery to actually take over their deed, but can’t do much because of legality issues, but she asked them to leave as under the county law or something, they can only collect debt after 7 days and it has only been 3
- she wanted to buy the scammed couple time to pack up and run away within another 4 days
- the thugs screamed Mikuru and of course was driven off; thug leader brought back more men and started throwing stuff (some kind of shit or rotten food I can’t remember)
- Yatori did not dodge to protect the couple
- Ikta suddenly appeared and threw some stinging shit at thug leader eyes and he screamed and called his men to help him
- pissed Ikta then threw the same shit on the couple and scolded them as Yatori was trying to protect them from this shit
- he also covered himself with the same shit
- Yatori was angry at herself for making Ikta sad and apologized
- she was also sad that she dirtied the beautiful dress she was wearing
- Ikta dragged her to a bath house or inn I can’t remember
- Yatori asked Ikta why he covered himself with the same shit; and Ikta said he couldn’t allow her to be the only one looking like shit and smelling like shit; they are “two as one”, remember?
- they then bathed together and cleaned each other (no sexual or ecchi scenes like those you find in other series), smelled each other to check that the shit smell is gone
- can’t remember well, but in bath robes on the bed, they talked about stuff about Igsem again, or I got the order of some dialogue wrong
- after their conversation, Ikta felt helpless and despair and the difficulty in cutting Yatori off from the Igsem fate
- he then pushed Yatori onto the bed and told her he must have lost his mind to use this worst plan
- ie. to impregnate her so that she can’t join the military etc.
- Yatori calmly rationalized that it won’t work, as at best it will just delay her by 2 years, and after recovery she will go back to military school
- the Igsem also have a lineage progeny issue and will probably keep her and her kid despite the disgrace, and they will raise the kid as an Igsem and even stricter due to her disgrace
- even as she said these words, she regretted as she knew she hurt Ikta greatly from his look of despair
- however, she promised him, no matter what her family or others say about her, she will bear the child and raise him, and will definitely not abort him, so rest assured
- so she won’t push him away
- Ikta then sat up, turned away and quivered
- ok I must got the order wrong again, as I just remembered Ikta talked about Igsem’s doom because of the internal rot and the threat of Kioka, and in the end the Igsem house will be destroyed one way or another if it tries to maintain its old ideals, and also that there is no future for the Empire
- this is what Ikta was trying to rescue Yatori from, from the impending doomed fate
- he now realized it’s impossible to cut her off from Igsem; it was futile from the beginning
- talked about a bunch of things, and Yatori says because he’s here with her, and just by that alone, she’s saved
- some days later, Ikta declares he won’t give up and knows that instead of abducting Yatori, he needs to abduct Yatori Igsem
- he has no idea how to do that yet but he has time to plan
- Yatori proposed then while doing that, he can help her out in the upcoming officer exam few years down the road; this is when they made the agreement that was mentioned in volume 1

- back to present, Yatori thought about the past and the troubled face of Ikta as he had been trying all along to sever her from her doomed fate, everything that had come to pass, and her promise with him (two as one), and the joy that she felt with him
- she thought back about the time when he said he wanted to impregnate her, and that would have been fine as well if it could lessen his pain
- and remarked to herself about own deep desires
- ok, following scene gets a little abstract, as it talks about the Igsem her talking to and killing the Yatori her (goodbye Yatori); it’s like observing a schizophrenic scene of her killing herself
- at any rate, the emotions were well depicted she killed the Yatori within her and heartrending crying silently in anguish as each of her memory got ‘severed’
- after it was all done, she wiped the wetness in her eyes and stood resolved to carry out her mission
- Sia called out to Yatori in concern, and she replied, “that woman is no longer here”

- with this, we start moving into the climax
- Remion faction knows to link up with RSR in 4 days, after liaising with their runner, a trusted aide of Remion elder brother, who also brought news that Torway’s teacher was KIA; now that the internal shit is gone, Remion is on the way
- Reaching the rocky area, there are 8 main rocks/boulders/cliffs formation (refer to map)
- Ikta knew this fight is going to be shitty and result in a lot of deaths on both sides, but he rallied RSR that it had to be done if the Empire were to have a future; winning this fight will connect them to the future
- Ikta starts assigning positions to trusted people in RSR, in particular block 2 will be managed by Matthew, and block 7 by Suuya, who got field promotion to become a provisional Lieutenant, because Ikta trusts her field capability despite her rank as his NCO, due to her constantly being with him
- Halo and Torway is to move between the blocks supporting them with first aid and sniping power
- he also secretly met up with Torway and told him that while he has been the one leading the Knights Order all this while, Yatori’s strategic ability was no less than him and this is going to be a super tough and shitty fight
- so Yatori force arrives with about the twice the number, and on first night took down block 8 in an hour
- she used light troops and high beam the defense while keeping her troops blindfolded during the beaming time, then moved in for the melee kill while the defense was completely blinded after the lights were turned off
- Ikta realized this but could not communicate to the defense in time, also partly because block 8 was in his blindspot, or he could not anticipate this earlier without waiting for the report to come in; btw, no runners were used, only coded messages with light spirits were used to increase communication speed, but still block 8 was taken
- during day 2, the sniping team continue showering block 8 with bullets as everyone holds ground
- as Torway’s group is more accurate, Igsem got a lot more casualties, but to the Igsem subcommander surprise, there were no fatalities as all shots were on the legs
- Yatori says this is a tactic to reduce their fighting force, because the injured need to be cared for by healthy soldiers
- the subcommander Megu who used to be Yatori’s superior marveled at the high level modern tactics exchanged by the two, and such tactics were unfamiliar to her(or him?)
- night 2, Yatori captured block 5; sorry I don’t remember what happened at block 5; it must have been an unmemorable fight or the commander was an unmemorable guy lol; but IIRC, Ikta called for a retreat in time unlike block 8 which was forced to surrender; so it’s more like a withdrawal from block 5
- day 3, it seems like Igsem faction has been cutting down trees/plants and transporting them to the rock area, and they are mainly saplings and shoots
- Ikta knew what they were up to
- on night 3, Yatori attacked block 7 manned by Suuya
- Suuya’s group was supposed to withdraw after delaying them sufficiently and when they are running out of bullets
- since after volume 1, Suuya had developed a crush on Ikta and was pissed by Yatori’s actions and Ikta was so into Yatori but yet she could do what she’s doing now
- Suuya also lamented the fact that Ikta had never tried to sweet-talk her even though she was older despite the fact Ikta guns for older women (referring to previous volumes, Ikta had mentioned that he will never touch a woman in his command due to the need to maintain clean working relationship)
- anyway, Suuya was darned envious of Yatori; she questioned why she was fighting this shit battle and killing past comrades, but in the end she was fighting for the man she has come to admire
- even when it was time to withdraw, with urging from her men, Suuya thought they could hold out for another 5 minutes
- she miscalculated and people start running out of bullets, she knew it was stupid but still wanted to hold out as long as possible
- in the end, the command post (block 1) signaled to them to withdraw
- Suuya was chagrined as she was supposed to be call for the withdrawal but the supreme commander had to do it instead
- at any rate, they didn’t make it in time, and before long Yatori was before Suuya pointing her sword at her
- Suuya was prepared to taunt her and die, but her responsibility as a commander would not allow her to do that so she ordered her force to surrender, then asked Yatori “why?” but she did not reply
- day 4 was the last day and the time limit for taking the supreme commander of the RSR as the Remion faction is expected to arrive by the end of the day latest
- Yatori knew this thus the 4th attack must be carried out in the daytime, and she could not take advantage of darkness to halve the shooting power of RSR and thus halve their defensive power
- this was why they had been cutting trees and plants, to set fire in strategic spots
- the reason for choosing saplings and shoots because their water content is high and the fire will cause a lot of smoke, simulating the effect of darkness and effectively lower the defense visibility for them to charge and engage in melee
- the taking of blocks 8, 5, and 7 was to facilitate that as otherwise, their fire-setting actions will be hampered by RS
- Ikta also knew that of course
- the effectiveness Yatori’s strat depends on the wind, so it’s left to luck
- while Yatori’s force could take RSR’s commander, there was a time limit, if the fight drags on too long, they will lose, and if the wind favors them, they can reduce RSR defensive power and shorten the fight and win
- at the end of day, it was shown that the two were evenly matched up till this point and all that’s left is up to luck
- so the wind favored Igsem faction after all, and they charged
- at the final defense line, Ikta talked to Chamille
- he said that in the worst case, after he died as the mastermind and killed by Yatori, the knight order and all commanders major above will probably be executed for treason and she as the third princess could intercede for their lives
- Chamille was crushed as Ikta was talking as if he was going to die; she tried to hold on to him
- after leaving her, Ikta made a secret strat with Torway
- final fight was intense, with Yatori with emotionless eyes charging with her troops
- Ikta too proceeded forward to meet her with his troops in melee
- I forgot about this, but before the final charge into the command post area, Yatori received news of Remion army sighted on the horizon and they will arrive in one hour
- so during the last fight, the two continued to demonstrate their tactical capability as they shouted commands to their troops to adjust according to the situation; Yatori was trying to push through to get to Ikta while Ikta was trying to delay her with his troops in between them
- as the troops with them were close men and under direct command of the commanders, they also hung out with one another as their commanders used to hang out together; the intimacy between Ikta and Yatori was reflected in their men as well
- so in this fight, you can see friends killing friends and people were crying and screaming their past comrades’ names in anguish as they were killing one another
- in the last 20 minutes, Ikta reorg his troops to open a path for Yatori to push through
- Yatori thinks there is a trap or ambush, but continues pushing through due to the time limit
- she was alert for snipers planted around but could not see anyone
- in the last moment just as she reached Ikta and preparing to slay him, she heard the explosive sound of an air shooter
- there was really an ambush; she expected death due to the proximity but the bullets did not hit her
- still she was stunned still
- Ikta called for a stop to the fight and his men to throw down their weapons to end their aggression,
- Torway then came out of hiding place from some narrowed confined space; because his visibility was limited and he can only take aim last minute thus Yatori did not sense him
- this idea came to Ikta after hearing about Torway’s fight with one-handed Igsem Gramps
- Ikta then said, “how was it Yatori? can I say that I’ve beaten you with this?”
- this statement was very impactful as the Igsem has stayed undefeated all this while, with their two blades as reflection of that (see previous volume 2 or 3)
- what this means was that Ikta had defeated the Igsem in her and that was his answer in severing the Igsem obligation in her, or something to that effect
- Yatori could not move, as ‘Yatorishino’ was ‘dead’, and during the last shot which missed on purpose, ‘Igsem’ was also ‘killed’, so ‘who’ can move? now that there was nothing left in her?
- so she remained still
- then, she sensed 4 snipers and thought, ‘there was an ambush after all naturally’, and was prepared for her death
- however, she thought it weird that only 2 were aiming at her
- she then realized the other 2 were aiming at Ikta, and pulled him down quickly
- 4 shots landed on her, one in the leg, 2 in the abdomen, 1 in the chest
- the guys were of Trisnai faction planted by him
- Ikta was stunned and hugged Yatori who was bleeding profusely, and he called for the medics in desperation, and tried to stem the bleeding with his hands while crying
- warmth had returned to Yatori’s eyes and she asked Ikta to stop, and looked at her face and talk to her
- Ikta in tears asked her not to let him break another promise with Yuuka (he had made 4 and broken every one of them, the last one was to save Yatori from her Igsem fate)
- she then made her dying speech
- she thanked Ikta and was glad to know him, recalling the times together
- she thanked Ikta for always being with her, despite the fact that he didn’t want to become a military guy, didn’t want to become a hero, etc. etc.
- and that this was good as it’s finally her turn after the promise they made previously
- she gave him her gauche and asked him to keep it as his weapon
- she also left him her saber and told him he could give it or keep it
- she left Sia with him and asked him to hand her over to Chamille
- she wanted him to promise take care of Chamille in her place, not as the 3rd royal princess, but as Chamille as a normal girl
- she said that she could not have been a happier woman with him beside her, told him that he had delivered his promise to her and reasserts that they are “two as one” and she will continue living inside of him, and died
- Chamille with the rest of the knights came to them and after seeing what had befallen were stunned
- Chamille’s knees buckled as she realized the 100 apologies she had prepared would never be heard

- gonna speed up the epilogue here
- with that, the war between the 3 factions came to a truce, Torway took over command of RSR as Ikta was in no state to do anything, Remion joined together with RSR, Igsem expedition retreated to their stronghold with no more intention to fight
- Megu wanted to retrieve Yatori’s body but Ikta vehemently refused and they reached a compromise
- Yatori’s body was preserved with ice generated by water spirits
- Remion and RSR then proceeded back to the palace with Trisnai and Emperor in tow
- Trisnai talked to Chamille secretly and tried to prod her into becoming the Emperor
- he commented on that it was too bad that he could not make use of Ikta and he won’t go along with him
- Chamille was angry, but Trisnai said that isn’t this an outcome she also desired? With Yatori dead and Ikta alive?
- on hearing that, Chamille was fearful of the darkness inside her and the secret desires she held
- she attributed it to the rotten blood that was flowing inside her
- her eyes then changed and she decided to take Trisnai on by becoming the emperor
- Trisnai was ecstactic and asked her to proceed to the emperor’s room at night and she would know what to do then
- after doing that, Chamille faced her sleeping father, whom she never thought of as her father; she cursed the rotten blood of the Kata-whatever-nik
- she then brings her knife up and told herself she could end everything with one strike, and convinced herself not to cry and to smile then she went “......aah……” (it was implied she killed him)

- past midnight, the royal spirit announced through the other spirits that the Emperor had died, and that it was decreed the next emperor to be succeeded by the 3rd princess, Chamille
- everyone was surprised as they thought next in line should be first prince, and skipping over him, the 3rd prince, and the 1st princess, it was 4th in line who succeeded the throne
- the military higher ups including Shiba and Remions and Knights (excluding Ikta it seems) headed to the palace on hearing the decree
- they found Chamille sitting on the throne with a different expression and an air of authority, no longer the same girl they knew, Trisnai was smirking nearby or something like that
- she ordered Trisnai to come closer, and commented on his long nails and she will give him his reward
- she then started pulling out his nails one at a time
- after she was done, Trisnai’s face was a mix of pain and ecstasy, and told him to back off
- she then told General Remion and Shiba to stand behind her and be her shields, and that the old times are gone, the Empire is going to be changed
- and thus she was formerly ascended as the Emperor

~~ end v7 ~~
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Tenkyou no Alderamin (Spoilers and Summaries Only)

Post by larethian »

I merely scanned through volume 8, and judged that a very short gist-summary will suffice since nothing really big happened. I will only have time to properly read it at a later date since I have some pressing year-end matters to deal with. If anything new and important that I missed comes up, I'll then make a new version of the summary; but likely if the information that I missed which is covered in this volume becomes important later, I'll talk about in a future summary. So here goes:

Volume 8 speed summary:
Spoiler! :
This volume takes place 2 years after the coup detat in the Empire, and is divided into 2 sections. The first half focuses on Kioka and the later focuses on the Empire. Both cover events regarding dealing with small uprisings and internal strife within the respective countries.

For Kioka side, it is a republic with about 100 years of history and was made of smaller merged countries. Due to factions who felt that they were superior to other ethnic groups (a result of different ancestry) and wanted to restore their former glory, uprisings occurred and Jean was sent in to suppress them. During this time he also rescued and linked up with Anarai, whom Kioka sees as a valuable asset to the country. That's all, short and sweet. Well, I scanned through rather quickly most of what happened in Kioka, and definitely need to read this part properly te-he. Jean is pretty cool though I hate his speech pattern :lol:

For the Empire, we are shown Chamille's change. She's basically a cruel, merciless, resolute person now, going as far as gaining notorious infamy among even her closest subjects. For the past 2 years, a total of 5 uprisings occurred and she had quelled them down mercilessly. Not only that, if someone badmouths her or shows sign of defying her, she might just give the order to behead the offender, and the beheading act was often carried out by Lucanti (the person who was assigned as Chamille's bodyguard during RSR revival, also the sister of the loud-mouthed but honorable sub-lieutenant who was killed in the civil war with the Shinak tribe - volume 2). One of the leader/mastermind of a rebellious faction, who called himself the great marshal, had his limbs torn off on Chamille's order after his subjugation. (F-U-C-K, this is all Trisnai's fault!!)

Even the other Knights and General Remion had to tread their toes around her. Her wrath is rather easy to incur. Only General Shiba and Admiral Yurugus were not fearful of her, the former going as far as to admonish what she did, causing General Remion to sweat big time.

Meanwhile Suuya has been put in officer school and will be commissioned once she passes out. No one has seen Ikta for the past 2 years as apparently, Chamille had forbid it. Nanak came and together with Suuya, tried to see Ikta, and was blocked by Chamille again. Suuya was scared of Chamille; Nanak challenged Chamille verbally about what she was doing in keeping Ikta to herself, and unable to respond adequately, Chamille intimidated her using her authority and power.

Chamille then visited Ikta, who resided in chambers only accessible to her (and Haro as well?), and who apparently had not spoken for the past 2 years and was in 'vacant' mode. She lamented that his heart was wholely owned by Yatori. She then talked about the ongoings, and why she did the things she did (16 year old no credibility, needed to get things in order fast, reestablish order, discipline, deter further uprisings, etc. etc.) and wondered about them herself.

The volume ended by resolving a former foreshadow. That is, Haro is indeed a person of the phantom corps of Kioka. She seems to have dual personalities; it's not clear here; or she could have brainwashed herself or something to that effect. The real her seems to be 'asleep' and after reading a letter sent by Jean's people, she 'awakened' and it seems like she is known as the 'worst phantom/spirit'. Maybe I should translate it as ghosts indeed, shrug.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”