Seikai no Senki

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

BankaiSeikai
Astral Realm

Seikai no Senki

Post by BankaiSeikai »

Hello everyone my name is Bankaiseikai, I am currently coming to you, because I am looking for people who would be willing to work with me and current members of Abhation, to translate the Seikai no Senki (Banners of the Stars) novels with us. We recently found out that Tokyopop did not license Seikai no Senki, but Seikai no Mounshou (Crest of the Stars), so we decided to take on the task of translating the other novels ourselves.

We are currently a small group at this time and don't have enough active members that have knowledge of the Japanese language. I am looking towards this site to help in our search for translators. We are going to be looking to translate Seikai no Senki IV, because there are animated versions of Seikai no Senki 1-3, and we at least have idea of what is going on in that department. We have no idea what is going on beyond the third novel. We will release the other novels in due time, but we are really focusing on the fourth novel at this time.

If anyone is willing to help, please leave a response under this post, and let me know if you'd be willing to translate the novel with us. We are looking for people who have intermediate knowledge of the Japanese language. So you don't have to know every Kanji in the book, to be able to translate with us. So please if anyone with some knowledge of the Japanese lanugage will help us, it will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: removed extra tag, and corrected link to website - Mod
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

there's the chinese version out there... I have read it. It's something for you guys to consider...
One 2 Fear
Astral Realm

Re: Seikai no Senki

Post by One 2 Fear »

This is, at least for me, the number one series that I am trying to find translated at the moment.

It was a series that I was first introduced to back when "Crest of the Stars" aired on TechTV's Anime Unleashed and has become one of my favorite series of all time. I was thrilled because, until recently I had been unable to read or watch any material further than "Crest of the Stars," and only a few days ago did I find all of the seasons of "Banner of the Stars." However, now that I have completed watching all of the anime, I am once again left with the empty feeling that I get from having to wait for the newest material in manga, novels, and animated series.

It is really a great science fiction story that I would recommend all who read this at least look into the series and I think that it would make a great addition to the works translated at this site. The ideas and technology displayed in the series are interesting, and the storyline is enthralling yet, like many of my favorite series, the character development is where this series truly shines. I would suggest that you read one of the already translated books, or watch the anime, so that you can see exactly what many fans of this series find appealing.

I make this suggestion both because I believe more people need to be exposed to this series, and because I think it would be a shame if many of the current fans of this series were unable to follow the story due to the lack of its publication in their language.

But seriously, go watch the series. It deserves at least a view, if not a translation.
baka_tenshi
Astral Realm

Post by baka_tenshi »

I would like to see it getting translated as well.
It is a very good works.
The author even created his own language and alphabet just for this work.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

I used to be at Abhnation actually, and I read the bastardized translation as well as TP's translation.

So that is why Tokyopop didn't release the next part, go figure. Again, I will be happy to translate if SIMPLIFIED Chinese Raw are delivered to me. With that in mind, I have to work on Zero no T before someone complains.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw which are the good guys and which are the bad guys or are they all the same (bad)?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Just finished with reading nearly the whole first book in one go - and I must say I liked it otherwise I wouldnt have done this. - Now its all three volumes (some hours later)

But somehow I wonder that the volume wasnt illustrated - not that I really miss the illustrations since the books I normally read arent illustrated either, but I thought all light novels are illustrated... :?: :?

Also, did the book from which we have a translation (of most of its parts) have passages which are divided by a "seal"-sign ? If yes: Could we add this to our translation to get a better feeling compared to read the real thing?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

There are all kinds of people on both sides, but since the novels have been portraying mostly only the Abh, they appear to be the good guys.
The short novels provide further insights as well as the 60+ non-H doujinshi mangas, stories, and novels in print by the author, artists, and fans.

Actually, most japanese novels are like western novels and have little illustrations if any. Compare it to the Yukikaze novels.
This is true for novels to anime or movie. Anime to novel or already established series are the ones that have more illustrations.
The novels have only the gaftonosh seal and maps. There are no other artistic goodies. Supervisor Ryuou had agreed before to upload the covers.
We could add some, though, but that needs to be decided yet.

Edit:
@ArchmageXin: There are chinese raws, but the original chinese versions themselves have been reduced less the available raws. If you still are interested we could arrange the raws.
The reason for the Seikai novels attracting less translators is because of its intense japanese literature level and the included baronh. It's harder to translate than common novels at this site. The chinese texts are kind of better without the furigana, but aren't necessary easier, because you miss those markers.
For various reasons I find it easier to use computer aided translation to overcome the obstacles, but we lack quality scans of the other novels except SNS1&4.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I personally think it's a better idea to go down the Chinese route, while I agree with you that nothing can really substitute the original, and that the Chinese version will lack a certain amount of information.

by your own admission, the difficulty of the original has already bottleneck the number of available translators that are willing to take on the task. Also you mention a lack of high quality Japanese raw more or less makes the alternative a more productive route.

I think you have to weight the consequences, in holding out for one or two Japanese translators, or a more realistic percentage of recruiting some translators with the Chinese raws at the expense of script accuracy.

I think if you can get the raws and send a sample of it to a number of Chinese translators to have a look, you might be able to garter a better response, if not perhaps they will help you refined your Machine translation using the Chinese Raws as reference?

just a thought. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

I agree, still there aren't many volunteers.
I guess we should be more aggressive in getting chinese translators. It would be nice if you guys speak up so that I don't have to harass people.

We do have nearly everything in chinese and in electronic text form. But I'm certain they are lacking to the original since I have used them as reference.
The only problem I see in the chinese texts are names. Those might be troublesome. But do not fear we have an incomplete list for chinese baronh names.

So all possible volunteers please, step up.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Hello Almael,

I understand your situation and I agree, we should also lend you a hand and for that I have to apologise for the lack of co-operation.

Unfortunately the reality, we are facing a bit of a HR shortage in B-T bureaucracy.

I'm at the moment reviewing all projects that needs attending, based on urgency.

At the moment I've 21 projects to assess, out of a total of 28 so i'm in a state of meltdown you could say.

Entirely my fault, need to find some new minions to delegate my stuff.

Point being that we have not intentionally neglected this project, I assure you that if you can just give us a little time, I'll will eventually get round to your project to speak with you about how we can give you a hand. :)

Thank you for your patience and continuous contributing to Baka-Tsuki. :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

Thank you for elaborating the situation.

Well, we all are doing this voluntarily, and have other things to take care off, too.
I can't say our group is in much better shape either. Communication within our group has dropped down as of late, too.
Since I got nearly all the resources, in the worse case, I could keep managing the project by myself. But since most of the resources are chinese, I don't have any confidence.

So as it is waiting is all I can do. Although, I'm working hard in OCRing the only other japanese novel. :lol:
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Almael wrote:I agree, still there aren't many volunteers.
I guess we should be more aggressive in getting chinese translators. It would be nice if you guys speak up so that I don't have to harass people.

We do have nearly everything in chinese and in electronic text form. But I'm certain they are lacking to the original since I have used them as reference.
The only problem I see in the chinese texts are names. Those might be troublesome. But do not fear we have an incomplete list for chinese baronh names.

So all possible volunteers please, step up.
Firstly... we DONT HARASS PEOPLE.
Almael wrote: Well, we all are doing this voluntarily, and have other things to take care off, too.
I can't say our group is in much better shape either. Communication within our group has dropped down as of late, too.
Since I got nearly all the resources, in the worse case, I could keep managing the project by myself. But since most of the resources are chinese, I don't have any confidence.

So as it is waiting is all I can do. Although, I'm working hard in OCRing the only other japanese novel. :lol:
For chinese resources, if there are things you arent sure of, feel free to post and ask, we would be around to help... as long as its not too much. And managing a project by oneself isnt too bad either, you can take your time =X haha.... *takes care of KnS alone*
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: Firstly... we DONT HARASS PEOPLE.
And managing a project by oneself isnt too bad either, you can take your time =X haha....
That will cause harassment for sure. :lol:
I was assured that quite a lot of people signed up for another version of the project so I would like to have SNS4 done this year and then move to another.
So once it's done I expect a quick translation to another language, which I hope to also put up on the project page.

I would rather have qualified chinese translators do them, though. But then I could just post parts on end and make it open source....
ab3
Astral Realm

Post by ab3 »

i don't know who is starting to translate the last short storie with ekuryua,but it's good to see someone willing to work on this serie again,i hope you'll finish it.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”