Seikai no Senki

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Seikai no Senki

Post by Darklor »

Yeah, :D but I hoped someone would fill the hole in vol. 4... :(
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

The lastest Danshou short novel seems interesting so it will be completed in whole soon.

Sns4 had been internally booked since the beginning among two of the three chief translators Almael, Animejunkie. Almael has fulfilled his share.
Ryuou has booked Danshou I & II.
When these parts are going to be done is up to Seikai(stars :D ) or someone who can finish them really fast.

As for Senki II & III, I will post the first raw chinese chapters here tomorrow. These are newly received chapters so I don't know if they are complete chinese versions. I know past versions weren't complete.
There are differences between the chinese and the japanese version.

For anyone taking on these chapters, please register here:http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ation_Page.
And please mark these as chinese version by either adding new chapter points with (chinese version).

Further chapters will be posted sometime later.
If you are interested and can do chinese translations you may step forward.

On other news, it seems Morioka sensei is working on a continuation of a parallel series he had started over a year ago as a series of short story novels.
The Seikai series lives on, though.
ab3
Astral Realm

Post by ab3 »

great news,thank you.
So there won't be SN5 anytime soon;i guess the author really no know what to make of his universe(he shouldn't have make of human unity so weak,the war is already over);what's more i regret Lafiel doesn't have a rival (another beautiful female about her age,competent but more ambitious and...evil?)for the throne,but it's no too late.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

By the way what are those unsorted Short Stories?

Darklor

Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

ab3 wrote:great news,thank you.
So there won't be SN5 anytime soon;i guess the author really no know what to make of his universe(he shouldn't have make of human unity so weak,the war is already over);what's more i regret Lafiel doesn't have a rival (another beautiful female about her age,competent but more ambitious and...evil?)for the throne,but it's no too late.
Yes, SNS5 will be delayed. Well, I think the problem is his baronh is too japanese and complex. :lol:
There are at least 20 rivals, but it appears Lafiel just has a head start. Evil candidates are punished and weeded out by the royal council.
But it's possible for some ambitious and very excellent candidates.
Darklor wrote:By the way what are those unsorted Short Stories?
Like most other mangas and short stories the Danshou short stories have originally been published serially in the japanese SF magazine. Only later were they collected into the Danshou I & II books. I just used the general term "unsorted" for the uncollected ones.
The three I listed are the latest ones from this year. Although, I think they had been around a bit longer. As the SF magazine is pretty much unaccessible outside japan, I do not know of any other short stories, but it's not unthinkable.
Aside from these there are about 20+ artbooks, 20+ doujins, an unknown number of h-doujins, and about 20+ printed fanfiction novels.
It's impossible to recognize a Danshou novel without knowing it's title.

----
Anyway, here are the first chapters for SNS2 & 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/415342972/SnS2-c1-cn-v2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/415343104/SnS3-c1-cn-v2.rar
Pages numbers are unknown so I marked the major parts they have been originally distributed with. Each novel consist of about 50-100 parts.
Use that as orientation. Chapters always start as a new part.
Distribution is limited so download only if you really are going to try to translate it.
When you are at it, it would be nice if you can build up a chinese encyclopedia for baronh for this project, too. It would certainly help other chinese translators.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah k now I understand that, I was just wondering, because those others were sorted in short story collections... ;)

Darklor

Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

How long have you been here without such common knowledge? :twisted: :lol:

Anyway, I'm thinking of at least translating the intros for the other two 'camping' stories since they are always informative about the seikai universe.
The stories require too much attention and refinement to be done as quickly as usual. Someone else can do the stories if he wants and can do quickly.
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Does anyone know what part in the novel did the anime leave off at after all the ova's?
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

All the animation cover only the Seikai no Monshou 1-3 (Crest of the Stars) and Seikai no Senki 1-3 (Banner of the Stars) novels.
Seikai no Senki IV and the Danshou short stories (except Birth) have not been covered yet.
We are awaiting the completion and publication of Seikai no Senki V.
The Seikai novels are supposed to end with Lafiel becoming Empress which may or may not be covered by more novels.
sdoofbuc
Astral Realm

Post by sdoofbuc »

Hi all!

I found this online http://www.watchanimeon.com/forums/show ... hp?t=11467

It suggests that BotS 4 will be made into an anime and come out spring 2011. But as you can read; most people in that forum believe that was fake.

But there still is a possibility at some point in time that BotS 4 will be made into an anime.
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

Welcome here!
Thank you for sharing the information.

It seems the possible animation of SNS4 cannot be confirmed.
But since 2008/07/24 a full blown audio version is available. Here is a sample:
sample Bots4 chapter 1: Flicaubh's first Battle
sdoofbuc
Astral Realm

Post by sdoofbuc »

Thanks!

Yeah I'm new. I just found this site doing some Google searches.

I really wish I could help this project. This is by far my favorite anime. Just like others I was introduced to it via TechTV. Since those days I have bought everything I could find. DVDs, books, etc.

It sucks that I can only speak/read/write in English (barely).

I do know my way around a computer (I work in the field) if there is anything I can do. Is there any way I could donate to a project? Is donating to a project even possible?

I am just so passionate about this story I want more of it. And I want to help anyway possible.
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

:D
Welcome to the fanclub!
Yep, it's one of the best anime, and among the top two space scifi anime. The novels are even better than the anime. :D

If you don't already know where the club is go to
old forum1 & timecapsule, old forum2,
current forum. We are experiencing server troubles so we are probably going to move again.
Anyway, the most important posts are at the two oldest forum.

Well, you could provide novel sources but you are not supposed to donate anything else. And only to the right people of course. ;)
Right now I have more or less everything except the short story that comes with the PS2 game: BEST HIT セレクション 星界の戦旗 (latest edition)
The other games come with a different short story! (already covered)

We are in need of japanese translators but many have trouble because of the Baronh and the (bit) higher than usual literature level for light novels.
We have plenty (understatement) of other translators waiting for the english version to finish in order to translate it to other languages.
So if you are not a native english you still have to wait for it to be finished.

Aside from translating we need scanned sources to be OCRed so we can use computers to make translation faster eg looking up dictionaries/thesaurus.
I have been doing ocr but it went slow because I had to mark every column to prevent lines going out of line due to different lengths or due to resizing by the program. Now I found a 10x faster way but it's still slow going.

If you are willing to do something and have some time(1-2h/week) and resources(computer&software) there are things you could do.
With some tutoring you could even do everything ...short of a true translator, though. How about it?
incognitogrl
Astral Realm

Post by incognitogrl »

hi there!

I was so pleased to see that baka-tsuki took up the sekai series!

It's such a beautifully put together series of which I've been a fan of for many years.

I was devastated when Tokyopop dropped so many good titles, including not continuing on to the Senki arc.

Being a fan of audio books, i really wish someone would get out an english script of the audio dramas, but that probably won't happen any time soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and say thanks and was wondering if also if you will be working on the first 3 Senki novel english translations in the near future.

take care!

-incognitogrl
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

Welcome here!

Yeah, the japanese radio dramas are great there is virtually no difference to a full blown anime except no animations. Not just readings like these days.

Given time all the Senki novels will be translated. Some old Abhnation members have told they would provide some help. But right now I can only say for myself.
It all depends on available time. With a ready electronic version I could do several pages or at least one page a day. But I'm very busy... On average it's about 1-2 pages a month, though.

I think it's possible to train anyone to do it, too. However that person needs dedication, must have good observation abilities to recognize patterns. Patterns are not necessary the japanese characters. After a while You get to recognize them anyway. It's more like recognizing language errors from translation programs. There are expression patterns in any languages and software always gives the same result for them

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”