Seikai no Senki

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Elemhunter
Astral Realm

Re: Seikai no Senki: General

Post by Elemhunter »

Any updates?
FellWolf22
Astral Realm

Post by FellWolf22 »

will you be translating more of the first three light novels at any point?
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

I have put the complete novels (all of them=7 novels) together to safe time on dealing with the Baronh. It takes as much or more time to deal with Baronh as doing the OCR. So the only novel book that's left out is SNS5. I only have a summary for SNS5. I estimate about 33% of all the Baronh are done about 2000 of 6000 (terms), however ocr/print error/typos are making the checks cumbersome. Everything needs to go through several rounds of checks, and a decision have to be made for each regarding following some badly established Tokyopop word variations/versions or complete revising. There's a lot of uncertainty due to a lot of versions & possible interpretation. The Dansohu books have always been in Ryou's hands. So I won't take on them any time soon.
aagcnet
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by aagcnet »

Good job almael :D i hope you get to sort things out, If you need any help i know many of us will be there for you.
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

Thanks.
There's need for editors after the translation is up. I'll be too tired to go trough all of it by then and I'll be biased as the translator, too. There will be a need to rephrase things especially the long parts where I try to keep to the original.
And there will be a need to sort things out for the dictionary. There are online text sorters so it's not a problem to sort out the terms but there's need to edit the explanation; get the term combinations together and referenced.

Btw. If you want a more detailed summary of SNS5 go to the KOTS forum.
Shiroux
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shiroux »

what is the difficulty level for this novel? compare to other b-t projects.
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

The japanese in the novels is on a higher literary level than normal light novels. It's still doable, you may need to use the english counterpart.
The Baronh is problematic because it's unclear by default due to romanization, engrish, typos, sometimes names are based on various real world languages; the various version that have been introduced by Tokyopop and fans. Tokyopop wrote Baronh based on american spelling & phonetics; even then the same word or term had different versions within the same book even let alone within different books.
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

We are looking for a chinese translator for our latest source material.
It would serve you and us well if you are somewhat familiar with the Seikai universe.
nosaer
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Seikai no Senki

Post by nosaer »

Hello Fellow Seikai no Senki fans. I've been a huge fan of this series since the Anime unleashed block on Tech TV as well, and I'm as disappointed as I imagine all of you are that the project is stalled. Unfortunately I can't read any language other than English, but I'd be glad to help with editing or anything else with the project when it gets off the ground. I'm really interested in knowing what's happened in the latest release
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

Thanks for the support.
You can get some good idea from the wiki site material or reading the summary at Kin of the stars forum.

We got some issues with the chinese source of SNS5 mostly inconsistencies & spelling. Unlike alphabetic writing it is a huge issue for script & phonetic types. A single script letter could mean a complete different word. So we decided to go back to the original. It will just take longer mostly due to spell checking and Baronh.
havoc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by havoc »

A small question,
Is the translation still on going?
If so has there been any progress?
I really hope it is still alive.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

^The answer to your questions appears to be "no".
Almael
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Almael »

Well, as already answered on the fan forum things got slowed down since we abandoned the chinese source. We would have been able to finish faster since it readily available but there were too many uncertainty. We wanted accuracy. We got a new setback due to a brand new drive dying unexpectedly. The drive still got plenty of warranty time left, too. Pretty much upset here.

On other news the series got two new official publications:
Seikai no Danshou III
Seikai no Monshou 2 (manga remake)
ken07
Astral Realm

Post by ken07 »

Hello, I'm new member on SNS5 translation project. Just let you all know the translation is still progressing nicely :D
ken07
Astral Realm

Post by ken07 »

So, here is new update, prologue chapter is now available to read in Seikai baka-bt page!

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”