Infinite Stratos

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
No (and why)
1%
Maybe (and why)
1%

Total votes: 1332

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Project Plea: Infinite Stratos (IS〈インフィニット・ストラトス〉)

Post by Teh_ping »

Roger that, Ryner-san.

Wait, isn't the teacher's name Yamada Maya?

Thanks Vaelis.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hm, so I assume Teh Ping is translating the first chapter and Kira the third?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Nope, we're both doing the first chapter, just different parts. I'll finish the parts up till where Kira0802 started off in 1 hr.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Uploaded my parts and what Kira did. I'll continue off from after the part '20,000 of my braincells have already died in the morning'.

And I need proofreaders as well. I need someone to check on the 'naive' part, the descriptions seem awkward to me. Working through Chinese fan translations, unless someone can provide me with Japanese originals, or if Kinokuniya Orchard has. (There goes my red packet money)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Whats red packet money?

Darklor

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Teh_ping wrote:Roger that, Ryner-san.

Wait, isn't the teacher's name Yamada Maya?

Thanks Vaelis.
:lol: I don't remember her name actually, just basing on the kana you posted.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Infinite Stratos (IS)

Post by Darklor »

The beginning looks promising, but somehow it feels as if many of the plot elements were already used somewhere else...

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw. I think the beginning looks promising but at the same time not really new/unique...

so I voted maybe. ;)

Darklor

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Darklor wrote:Whats red packet money?
It's Chinese New Year, those unmarried folks will get 'red packet money' or 'aung pao money' from those married. Kind of like a Christmas custom of giving gifts.

I got bugged by my friend to start on this project. Not very unique, I know, but hey, it involves mecha (and she's a gundam zombie)...
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Re: Infinite Stratos (IS)

Post by Teh_ping »

kira0802 wrote:Well, just that evryone gets the right idea, this is not a novel without a plot. In the 4 novels in the beginning, you get the idea that there isn't one. In fact, the author was making a love comedy/soft start to a bit more serious thing in the end of novels 1-3, the fourth being a bunch of short stories. But I think that in the 5th and the 6th, things start to get a bit more deeper. For example
Spoiler! :
Ichika gets a hole on his body by a crazy girl (I had the intention to write "yandere" but I see nothing of "dere" here.
Anyways, I read the novels and I think that it is a LN superior to Strike Witches, which I dropped after one chapter. This is a LN that got a bit popular after the series were getting animated. I can compare it too the same kind of plot as Hidan no Aria (though the author lacks creativity too design the girls'reactions).

I don't think you should take the anime as an example. There are way too much things that the anime didn't put that don't make sense while watching it. I hope that the teaser by Teh Ping could get released a bit sooner with some help. Well, it was a very long comment, but in my mind, all projects should get a chance to get a teaser and to be judged by the B-T viewers.
Gosh, why don't we have this comment on the blog?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Teh_ping wrote: And I need proofreaders as well. I need someone to check on the 'naive' part, the descriptions seem awkward to me. Working through Chinese fan translations, unless someone can provide me with Japanese originals, or if Kinokuniya Orchard has. (There goes my red packet money)
By the way, do you work with traditional Chinese or the simple one? Just by curiosity.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Oh, traditional, though I was educated in simplified ver.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

kira0802 wrote:
Teh_ping wrote: And I need proofreaders as well. I need someone to check on the 'naive' part, the descriptions seem awkward to me. Working through Chinese fan translations, unless someone can provide me with Japanese originals, or if Kinokuniya Orchard has. (There goes my red packet money)
By the way, do you work with traditional Chinese or the simple one? Just by curiosity.
given that most Chinese LN publications came from Kadokawa Taiwan, it would natuarlly be traditional Chinese versions since Taiwan uses traditional Chinese. Unless you are referring to non-official fan-translated ones.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Don't upload this part until Kira finishes part 4, this is for part 5:
Spoiler! :
“…Thus, the basic operations of the IS has to be witnessed by the country. If no permission is granted, we have to pursue criminal responsibilities…”

Yamada-sensei continued with her lesson ever so eloquently. However, I didn’t understand anything at all.

“…”

The five heavy books lay in front of me. Just flipping the top most page, I can only see columns and columns of words with unknown meaning.

(Er, is it only me? Am I the only one who doesn’t understand anything? Do the rest know? This active whatever offsets that wide-area something, what does it mean? Does it mean that I have to memorize everything…?)

I took a peek at the girl on the next table, and could only see her listening to Yamada-sensei’s words, nodding away and jotting down notes from time to time.

(Ku…don’t tell me those rumors about IS students studying before they enrolled is true…)

IS pilots have a direct link with our national security strength, so in a certain sense, this school exists to groom the elites. Also, these were scholars who managed to ace exams several times tougher than entrance exams.

(Though I’m not too interested in being an elite…hm--, can’t let this continue. Anyway, got to study.)

Feeling somewhat inferior, I lower my head, and unknowingly, I peeked over at the girl who’s jotting down notes.

“Is, is there something wrong?”

As expected, after the girl noticed me looking at me, she revealed a shocked and nervousness, showing a forced smile that has a certain kind of expectation.

“Ah, no, it’s nothing. Sorry.”

“Is, is that so?”

After hearing what I said, the girl showed me a look of relief and disappointment, before returning back to working on her notebook…hm~ did I do something to irritate her?

“Is there something you don’t understand, Orimura-kun?”

Yamada-sensei noticed me talking to the girl besides me, and specially asked me.

“Ah, that…”

I again looked back at the textbooks—mm, I don’t understand anything at all.

“If you have any questions, please ask me. I’m a teacher after all.”

Yamada-sensei lifts her chest up and answers confidently. Oh, maybe she is really reliable. Alright, let’s give it a go.

“Yamada-sensei!”

“Yes, Orimura-kun?”

An answer that’s full of enthusiasm. Seems like this will work, as expected of a teacher.

“I don’t understand anything at all.”

I honestly said out my shortcoming. If I do this, most of the time, I’ll be given empathy.

“Erm…ev, everything…?”

Yamada-sensei looks extremely bothered as she gives a completely stiff expression…that’s weird? Where did that reliable teacher go?

“Th, then…except for Orimura-san, is there anybody else who don’t understand the current lesson up till this point?”

Prompting the class, Yamada-sensei raised her hand.

Silence…
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:given that most Chinese LN publications came from Kadokawa Taiwan, it would natuarlly be traditional Chinese versions since Taiwan uses traditional Chinese. Unless you are referring to non-official fan-translated ones.
Well, as for me, I'm using the fan translations on book.sky-fire (chinese fan-translating site). The translating is pretty accurate, and I don't have the simplified Chinese ones. It's hard to find LN when you are living in the east of Canada LOL.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Abandoned”