Kami-sama no Memochou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading God's Notebook ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 433

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kami-sama no Memochou

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kira0802 wrote:Mother of God.

Well, this author writes about music, mystery, Dark Age fantasy and I-don't-know-what-else. He's a notch above many authors.
If you ask me, he is a fun-loving person, that has his own questions about Christianity(I wonder if he is in it). Someone who asks the questions we all do but never really dare to is likely to give us stories we enjoy.

神様のメモ帳, Kami-sama no Memochou speaks of some religions issues, but focuses more on the human emotions, and seems to imply humans over God.

さよならピアノソナタ, Sayonara Piano Sonata speaks of music, and as I have not read the later volumes, I believe is about people living their lives to the fullest.

さくらファミリア!, Sakura Familia! and シオンの血族 both talks about the one who betrayed Jesus. The earlier talks about the money he got for the betrayal, the latter talks about how he kissed Jesus to tell the soldiers which one is he. The kiss made him a vampire, and the lineage is what the story focuses on.

ばけらの! (閒狼作家是美少女妖怪?) is about a bunch of youkai(demons) that are scriptwriters. I wonder if he is making a joke out of himself? Relaxing, but overall isn't as great as the others. Rather, I think it is just that Kami-sama no memochou has too great an impact on me, I keep comparing his other novels to it.

Personally the ones I really enjoyed are Kami-sama and Sayonara, just that Sayonara is hard to have a good impact on me due to the many terms used regarding music. The rest are just not bad reads, but not good. I guess he has a good way of handling how to get people's emotions up.

P.S. I don't think he has ghost writers, though personally I believe his quality of work in Kami-sama in lowering, not too sure about other series, they ain't that great to begin with, at least for those that I read.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Asteradragon
Reader

Post by Asteradragon »

I'm not sure who I'm supposed to get in contact with, but I'd like to do some large-scale editing of this series. I re-did the entire afterword of volume one, so if whoever is in charge of this project doesn't mind that style of change throughout the series, may I start from the beginning? I can e-mail my proposed changes using microsoft word's review tool if needed, I just don't know how the editing process works. Thanks.
Zephyrus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zephyrus »

Help is always welcome :D
And just editing it on the wiki would be fine, so long as you don't change the meaning of the text.
sleepy920
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sleepy920 »

AsteraDragon, It be nice if you could help out with the editing . Right now I'm on the 2nd ch of vol. 1 but you can recheck the entire vol.

Zephryus, On the name of Yondaime, are you going to use that name or "Fourth"? I saw some chapters that had "Fourth" and some chapters that had "Yondaime", so can you tell me which name to use and I'll get to changing it.
Zephyrus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zephyrus »

I'm using Yondaime. Actually, I don't remember using Forth at all, except during the explanation of his background.
By the way, if you're editing, can you help change something as well?
Alice's speech: representative of the deceased to messenger of the deceased
Narumi: Hiro to Hiro-san
Hiro:Narumi to Narumi-kun
I polished the first two chapters a bit, but found it reaaaally tiring :?
Thanks for the help :D
sleepy920
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sleepy920 »

Zephyrus wrote:I'm using Yondaime. Actually, I don't remember using Forth at all, except during the explanation of his background.
Changing Alice's speech...? :shock:
That'll take awhile since I have to find the sections to change it. I'll start doing that on ch 3 then find it in in the previous chapters afterwards. At least the naming won't be that hard since I was about to ask you about the incosistency with "Hiro" and "Hiro-san" but you cleared that up for me. While on topic with names, what about Ayaka when she is mentioning about her brother? Do you want to change it to Onii-san/-chan or leave it be?
Zephyrus wrote:I polished the first two chapters a bit, but found it reaaaally tiring :?
I know the feeling, after finishing ch 1 in 2 days, I'm still on ch 2 with about 25% to finish after a week.
Asteradragon
Reader

Post by Asteradragon »

sleepy920 wrote:
Zephyrus wrote:I'm using Yondaime. Actually, I don't remember using Forth at all, except during the explanation of his background.
Changing Alice's speech...? :shock:
That'll take awhile since I have to find the sections to change it. I'll start doing that on ch 3 then find it in in the previous chapters afterwards. At least the naming won't be that hard since I was about to ask you about the incosistency with "Hiro" and "Hiro-san" but you cleared that up for me. While on topic with names, what about Ayaka when she is mentioning about her brother? Do you want to change it to Onii-san/-chan or leave it be?
Zephyrus wrote:I polished the first two chapters a bit, but found it reaaaally tiring :?
I know the feeling, after finishing ch 1 in 2 days, I'm still on ch 2 with about 25% to finish after a week.
Hey sleepy, if you could go through and fix the specific name changes and such, that'd be great. I'll focus on grammar/sentence restructuring and try to make it more readable. Teamwork, GO! :D
Zephyrus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zephyrus »

sleepy920 wrote:. While on topic with names, what about Ayaka when she is mentioning about her brother? Do you want to change it to Onii-san/-chan or leave it be?.
If i'm not mistaken, she refers to her brother as onii-chan, so you are free to change it.
And before I forget, major refers to tetsu and hiro as tetsu-san and hiro-san respectively.
Abril
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Abril »

Hello, it's been a while! I'm so glad volume 4 is being translated since it's my favorite! I could write essays on how much I love the three sworn brothers, really.

Anyway! I somehow ended up doing a quick translation of volume 8's first chapter, so I thought I'd share, since it's a standalone story for the most part (with a nice twist at the end, cough). Maybe someone will enjoy it...
Tony Yon
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

Post by Tony Yon »

Abril wrote:Hello, it's been a while! I'm so glad volume 4 is being translated since it's my favorite! I could write essays on how much I love the three sworn brothers, really.

Anyway! I somehow ended up doing a quick translation of volume 8's first chapter, so I thought I'd share, since it's a standalone story for the most part (with a nice twist at the end, cough). Maybe someone will enjoy it...
me! I really enjoy it. Hahaha.. :D thank you :)
Basically KIA
Abril
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Abril »

Tony Yon wrote:
Abril wrote:Hello, it's been a while! I'm so glad volume 4 is being translated since it's my favorite! I could write essays on how much I love the three sworn brothers, really.

me! I really enjoy it. Hahaha.. :D thank you :)
Good to know, thanks!
I wonder if anyone else has been actually reading this volume, lol, but I'm having lots of fun translating it, and learning a lot, too. Once I finish, it will be my first time translating a whole volume... It's exciting! Haha.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Abril wrote:Good to know, thanks!
I wonder if anyone else has been actually reading this volume, lol, but I'm having lots of fun translating it, and learning a lot, too. Once I finish, it will be my first time translating a whole volume... It's exciting! Haha.
Take it easy with the translation. Just make sure you know what to do. It's good that you enjoy the story, so if you're continuing, keep this mentality in mind.
Abril
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Abril »

Teh_ping wrote:
Take it easy with the translation. Just make sure you know what to do. It's good that you enjoy the story, so if you're continuing, keep this mentality in mind.
Thank you, that's really good advice!

I'll post the final chapter during the weekend, hopefully. I don't know what should I translate next though...
bananapie
Astral Realm

Post by bananapie »

Thanks for translating volume 8, Abril. ^^. If I may ask, is there a reason as to why you chose to translate volume 8 instead of 6 or 7? o.o.
Abril
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Abril »

Hello, you're welcome!

Well, it was mostly a personal preference: volume 8 is probably my favorite together with 4 and 1. Also, it's the sequel to the Angel Fix case, which was the most powerful case in the series. Coughcoughcharacter bias is involved toocoughcough.

Hopefully I'll be able to translate volume 6 or 7 (probably 7) the next time I get a holiday if that's what you want to know.
Oh, and maybe there's no need to clarify this, but you don't really need 6 or 7 to understand 8 (You have to read volume 1 or at least watch the anime's last arc, though).

Return to “English”