Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (Demon King Daimao) TL Plea

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this novel translated?

Yes
99%
No (and why)
1%
Maybe (and why)
0%

Total votes: 1262

cyberdemon
Astral Realm

Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou

Post by cyberdemon »

i really liked the manga and there is an anime coming out as well

description from baka updates:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35766

30th AD century, in a world that magic exists naturally, 100 years pasts since a great war between human races and the devil king. the war concluded by the human race's victory though it made many sacrifices, and slowly but surely the civilizations are also developing once again. One time, one witch walks down into a small town holding a newborn baby in her arms, she stopped in front of a church, put the baby in front of their door then disappeared. After that, ten years past, the baby taken in by the church was named Sai Akuto("Worst Evil"), and even though he was raised in the orphanage he put the people in awe and perplexity with his preaching about love of mankind and equality like a man of virtue. Later Akuto decided he want to live in modesty so as not to trouble others, and before long a family offer themself to adopt him. However, on the day Akuto left the orphanage, a new girl was brought as a new family on the orphanage. The girl cant stop crying because of loneliness, making the adults around her in trouble. Akuto saw all that and he decided to bring all his money given by the orphanage for his future living expenses and bought a hair ornament with a jewel on it. He handed it over to the girl to make her stop crying and promised they ll meet again someday if she stopped crying and take a good care of the ornament. Five years later, Akuto passed the test to enter Constantin Magic High School, and left his foster father's home. He made a new friend on his way to the school in a bus, and he arrived at the school. then he underwent the vocational aptitude test, a test which is one of the school's rules to determine one student future occupation. "Examination Numbers: Number 021 , Name: Sai Akuto. Future Occupation: the Devil King"... " (c) baitokun - description from novel

i actually saw on another site that someone has a rough translation of the first 6 volumes though it needs editing and a format other than word. Maybe that person would be willing to lend the translation that was done
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou

Post by b0mb3r »

just read the manga. wasn't very impressive. the situation kinds of me remind me of ryuuji where everyone thinks he is a like a delinquent but in sai situation he has the potential to be the devil king. the process is a bit strange. tsudere one minute with the thought they gonna keep misunderstanding each other, the next they are okay. progress is fast.

baka baka baka
cyberdemon
Astral Realm

Post by cyberdemon »

b0mb3r wrote:just read the manga. wasn't very impressive. the situation kinds of me remind me of ryuuji where everyone thinks he is a like a delinquent but in sai situation he has the potential to be the devil king. the process is a bit strange. tsudere one minute with the thought they gonna keep misunderstanding each other, the next they are okay. progress is fast.
haven't read the light novels because I'm not good enough at japanese to do so but let me quote what someone said to me in another forum,
Manga's decent. By that standard though, the novel is ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING. No way in hell I'm watching this if the anime follows the manga.

In the manga, the sequence, and thus the character personalities, and power level are completely out of whack because of how they presented and twisted some of the events. To be honest, I am completely pissed off at how they handled the manga.

I really really really really hope they follow the sequence like the novel. Akuto's personality is a typical shounen manga type male lead, whereas his novel counterpart is a cool, composed and pretty overpowered badass.
really hoping that is true
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

well novels tend to be better in details. that is why ZnT is so popular.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:just read the manga. wasn't very impressive. the situation kinds of me remind me of ryuuji where everyone thinks he is a like a delinquent but in sai situation he has the potential to be the devil king. the process is a bit strange. tsudere one minute with the thought they gonna keep misunderstanding each other, the next they are okay. progress is fast.
In chinese, the Last Maou. The manga sucked, i read vol 1 to 5 of the novel. Not too bad, but i am interested in what happens AFTER volume 5, because the author promised something most do not.

Author's Promise:
Spoiler! :
The maou has spoilt the world system. Most stories would have a "they live happily ever after" at this point in time. But the author promised to show what happens and what they will do to this new-remade world in a sense...
Story:
Spoiler! :
The guy who is known to become a "maou" is actually quite a honest and good guy, just blessed with enormous power that he cannot really handle. But because of his goodness and honesty, he finds it hard to accept somethings, which eventually led to him being seen as a real maou. Upon an encounter with someone from the future, attempting to change the world, he eventually awakened to be a true "maou", having seen the reality of this world, and finds it absurd. Both of them race to try to put an end to it, and our dear maou finally managed to come through... The world's God system, is demolished, but with such a great change, what is going to happen?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
xemaster
Astral Realm

Post by xemaster »

I've read the manga that was made from this and I got to say it is pretty funny, I would love to get a chance to read this
Loki-Thor
Astral Realm

Post by Loki-Thor »

I'm the main Typesetter for this manga on AAS, and I can say the manga is one of the best i've read in terms of comedy and plot (so far). I'm in love with Soga Kena ^^ :oops:

That's why i agree of doing this
ShadowZeroHeart

Loki-Thor wrote:I'm the main Typesetter for this manga on AAS, and I can say the manga is one of the best i've read in terms of comedy and plot (so far). I'm in love with Soga Kena ^^ :oops:

That's why i agree of doing this
I read a volume of the manga, i say it sux in comparison to the novel... For example, in the manga there is the plant growing practice? I have not seen that in the novel so far. But for practice they practice with mana balls, and due to his inability to control his powers, he blasted the class leader's clothes off etc etc
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
cyberdemon
Astral Realm

Post by cyberdemon »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:I read a volume of the manga, i say it sux in comparison to the novel... For example, in the manga there is the plant growing practice? I have not seen that in the novel so far. But for practice they practice with mana balls, and due to his inability to control his powers, he blasted the class leader's clothes off etc etc
lol i like that power, wish i could do that
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

Don't judge the novels by the manga. I've read the manga, and I ended up shoving the manga into the file shredder, out of pure frustration. The novel series rocks a hell lot harder. Read volume 1-5 already. May consider lending a hand as a translator if this thing gets finalized or something. (But some of the names are seriously hardcore to figure out in chinese. Like the 'Gods' they have in the novels)

PS: The manga deviated a bit from the novel's version of storyline. Kinda nerfing the main character in the process, which made it NOT as awesome. IMO.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Zalthers wrote:May consider lending a hand as a translator if this thing gets finalized or something. (But some of the names are seriously hardcore to figure out in chinese. Like the 'Gods' they have in the novels)
I dont see a problem with that. You could start the the project. (I mean at least as a teaser project and upgrade it later ;) or start it from the beginning as a full project if you think you can do it ;)) And for the names you can always ask here for help.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

Zalthers wrote:

Don't judge the novels by the manga. I've read the manga, and I ended up shoving the manga into the file shredder, out of pure frustration. The novel series rocks a hell lot harder. Read volume 1-5 already. May consider lending a hand as a translator if this thing gets finalized or something. (But some of the names are seriously hardcore to figure out in chinese. Like the 'Gods' they have in the novels)

PS: The manga deviated a bit from the novel's version of storyline. Kinda nerfing the main character in the process, which made it NOT as awesome. IMO.
Not just that, a lot of things in character's minds are not portrayed as well as in the novel... So a lot of funny things going in his mind are not shown ^^

Vol 6 is out, girl meets girl. Lovely
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

Darklor wrote:
Zalthers wrote:May consider lending a hand as a translator if this thing gets finalized or something. (But some of the names are seriously hardcore to figure out in chinese. Like the 'Gods' they have in the novels)
I dont see a problem with that. You could start the the project. (I mean at least as a teaser project and upgrade it later ;) or start it from the beginning as a full project if you think you can do it ;)) And for the names you can always ask here for help.
I tried to push a project from scratch all by myself before in the past, on Baka-Tsuki. Unfortunately due to some miscommunication, it ended up horribly, therefore I do not wish to experience the same thing, and hopefully someone ELSE will lift this project off as a teaser or an official project or whatnot. It's just not going to be me who is going to do it, sorry. :|
ShadowHeartZero wrote:Not just that, a lot of things in character's minds are not portrayed as well as in the novel... So a lot of funny things going in his mind are not shown ^^

Vol 6 is out, girl meets girl. Lovely
At the end of volume 5, we were aware of the girl meets girl thing. But I just wasn't bothered to keep track of the last demon king (translates to this in direct chinese) that frequently, I tend to get around back to the novels I read at a point, once every half a year or so. Half a year ago, the sixth volume didn't exist, neither did baka to tesuto to syokanju volume 7.
ShadowZeroHeart

Basically just post a translation for the text and it would be fine...
So which project did you fail to push last time? If you still have the translated script, B-T can always add it in.

P.S. its always good to keep a copy of the translated text somewhere, in case anything bad happens.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

(raises an eyebrow)

Ever heard of the phrase, best to leave where sleeping dogs lie?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=882

For the curious. And no. I am not going repeating history, nor am I going to blame anyone. It's just history.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”