Asura Cryin'

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to read this series?

YUP, It's amazing! Definetely want to read it!
86%
Sure, it is a good one
12%
Maybe?
2%
Nah, it is goddamn horrible
1%

Total votes: 169

IanHitodama
Astral Realm

アスラクライン Asura Cryin'

Post by IanHitodama »

This is the feedback thread for Asura Cryin'.

-------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura_Cryin%27

Asura Cryin' is an ongoing light novel since 2005, and has recently been adapted into an anime. It's genre is Fantasy and Mecha.

Asura Cryin plot is centered around Tomoharu, who is a normal high school student… except for that he’s not alone, he has been haunted by a ghostly girl, Misao Minakami, who was a childhood friend. When the series starts Tomoharu (or just plainly Tomo) is sent to live on his own in his brother's house so he will not be in the way of his mother and new boyfriend. While moving in to the house he meets one of his brother's friends, who is able to see Misao named Shuri Kurosaki. Shuri gives them a case called the Extractor saying that it belongs to the both of them. Many people come after that case like the Holy Guards, and a demon named Kanade Takatsuki.

I really love this series so it'd be appriciated if you can translate it.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: アスラクライン Asura Cryin'

Post by Darklor »

from viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2755
TheDefend wrote: http://www.chihiro-subs.com/2009/04/19/ ... ment-25535

been awhile since my last time came here xD
and some extra that i did on my own (approximately 80-90% correct)

Chapter 1
My mother remarried. Its easy to say because I had to live alone starting now
However, because of the marriage I got kicked out of the house while fighting with my mom
My father dead before I enter grade school and the only thing I know about him is how to make money. Anyway, my mother’s remarriage partner is doctor whose are her friend at a department. There was no actual reason to oppose the marriage though.
I get stuck by the whole marriage thing because the marriage is favoring to my mother which make me wonder how this happening. I instinctively pitied myself
It was right on the day of my entrance exam that I get kicked out. With that said, I can’t complain about it because I was only told about the marriage after they put the family registration and it do caused me to get moody
Anyway, there was especially no dissatisfaction although it was surprising because it was all so sudden.
However, that was not really the problem
Maybe you can try it there. For what I know they have also chapter 1 already finished. http://www.chihiro-subs.com/2009/04/25/ ... -released/
And I am not shure if TheDefend will ever put their translation into the wiki. I wouldnt bet on it, but
TheDefend wrote:well.... maybe i will... the prolog is from chihiro subs. and i might just continue from there.... though my tl not gonna 100% correct, but it should be close to 90-95% in the final result since i do a re-check on it :3
And I also cant say how good or bad their translation is since I still didnt have read it. (And I am unshure if I should even try it ;)) But it shouldnt be that bad since it is from subbers. ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Chaos Chaud
Astral Realm

Asura Cryin'

Post by Chaos Chaud »

First things first. The summary: (from mangaupdate)

"A semi-serious school action story revolving around the main protagonist, Tomoharu Natsume. He is haunted by his childhood friend, Misao Minakami, who became a ghost ever since he barely survived an airplane accident three years earlier. Tomoharu Natsume takes the opportunity to live on his own when he enters high school in his new place of residence, Meiou-tei, and starts enjoying a carefree high school life. His life changed when a beautiful girl named Kurosaki Shuri appears with a trunk which she claimed Tomoharu's brother, Naotaka Natsume, asked her to deliver to him. The presence of the trunk causes the appearance of Takatsuki Kanade, a girl dressed like a shrine maiden who is after the trunk. Tomoharu is in possession of the trunk, which reveals secrets about the world they live in."

Don't know if I can post links here, but another group translated prologue and chapters 1,2 and 3 almost 2 years ago. (check mangaupdate for info)

Next comes THAT, huh. Yup, it's definetely that. My own opinion and plea for some kind soul to translate this series!

Sure, the story begins with the almost normal protagonist that becomes involved in a large fight like a typical shounen. But that's just the beginning. As soon as the series "universe" begins to be created in the story, you forget anything about a normal shounen and an awesome world, with deep explanations that makes so much sense you couldn't deny it, even if you wanted, appears before you! The story twists and returns but not even once, not giving a reasonable and logical explanation for it.

And that's it. This is one of the most well built worlds I've ever seen. With an excellent dive kind of story happening in it. You begin the story on the surface, then you keep diving 'till you reach the core of it.

Please, I'd love someone to translate this. :cry:
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Name consistency
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Asura Cryin' plea

Post by Mystes »

One of my top 5 novels, BTW.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Astounding Bison
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Astounding Bison »

Really? I've heard bad things about it, but this thread makes me want to try it out...
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Astounding Bison wrote:Really? I've heard bad things about it, but this thread makes me want to try it out...
Well, I loved it, but you can consider me as a weirdo. Though I only read the first volume and the last 2-3 since I didn't got the other Chinese versions. I have to empahsis again that always got a weird taste...
Kira0802

Chaos Chaud
Astral Realm

Post by Chaos Chaud »

kira0802 wrote: Well, I loved it, but you can consider me as a weirdo. Though I only read the first volume and the last 2-3 since I didn't got the other Chinese versions. I have to empahsis again that always got a weird taste...
Well, if you have a weird taste, you're not alone :D This is one of my top novels too.

And Astounding Bison, you sure should give it a chance. I know these series will surprise you :lol:
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Matt122004 »

There was an unfinished translation started on this I believe.
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
Chaos Chaud
Astral Realm

Post by Chaos Chaud »

Matt122004 wrote:There was an unfinished translation started on this I believe.
Yes, as I said on my intro post, another group had already made the Prologue and Chapter 1, 2 and 3. But stopped almost two years ago for unknown reasons.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Chaos Chaud wrote: Yes, as I said on my intro post, another group had already made the Prologue and Chapter 1, 2 and 3. But stopped almost two years ago for unknown reasons.
Can I get the group's name?
Kira0802

Chaos Chaud
Astral Realm

Post by Chaos Chaud »

kira0802 wrote: Can I get the group's name?
Yup, the group's name is Chihiro

Info about them (mangaupdate) http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=2704
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

kira0802 wrote:
Can I get the group's name?
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3156

Its in the list

Btw. once I had hope we would get a own translation: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2755 - but now... :/
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I never knew other TL groups except two of them. I always thought that Chiiro only did anime Subs.
Kira0802

Chaos Chaud
Astral Realm

Post by Chaos Chaud »

kira0802 wrote:I never knew other TL groups except two of them. I always thought that Chiiro only did anime Subs.
The only non-subs project they had was asura cryin', I think.
Darklor wrote:
Btw. once I had hope we would get a own translation: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2755 - but now... :/
That' too bad. The only thing I can do now is hope someone will enjoy these series as much as I do and translate it :( (And begin to learn japanese in the mean time, of course)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Chaos Chaud wrote:That' too bad. The only thing I can do now is hope someone will enjoy these series as much as I do and translate it :( (And begin to learn japanese in the mean time, of course)
If you're going to learn Japanese, than I should get working too...
Kira0802

Return to “Teaser Feedback”