Golden Time: Help Offers

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

SailorSonic
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Golden Time: Help Offers

Post by SailorSonic »

I really think you folks should consider translating this series. It has one of my favourite aritsts, Eiji Komatsu, it's only 3 volumes long so it won't take that long to translate, and it has raving reviews on Amazon.co.jp.

Amazon links:

http://tinyurl.com/goldentime1

http://tinyurl.com/goldentime2

http://tinyurl.com/goldentime3
Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: My recommendation: Golden Time

Post by Doraneko »

It is in fact the favourite of many of us and that is why it is already a full-fledged project. :lol:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... olden_Time

Of course it would be even better if you could join our team and help with the translation or editing work.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
SailorSonic
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SailorSonic »

Ok, I guess I could join a translation prject, but only if it's for 1 or 2 chapters. I'm too lazy to do an entire book, lol.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

SailorSonic wrote:Ok, I guess I could join a translation prject, but only if it's for 1 or 2 chapters. I'm too lazy to do an entire book, lol.
Of course you can do any number of chapters you like, however few. The whole thing is voluntary after all.

Rpapo is currently the sole translator and he has worked up to the end of chapter 4 of vol.1. You may like to contact him and see how future work can be allocated.

By the way most of the time we discuss the series and relevant translation issues in the following thread. Do feel free to drop in and join the chat. :)

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3465&start=450
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

SailorSonic wrote:it's only 3 volumes long so it won't take that long to translate
I wonder how you can make that kind of conclusion.
SailorSonic wrote:I'm too lazy to do an entire book, lol.
so are we.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Help Offer for Golden Time

Post by rock96 »

Topic locked. Any complaints?
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

rock96 wrote:Topic locked. Any complaints?
why?
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Your point? What meaning has this topic if there's already existing topic for translation of Golden Time?
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

rock96 wrote:Your point? What meaning has this topic if there's already existing topic for translation of Golden Time?
This topic could be changed into a looking for translators thread for Golden Time...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
rpapo

Re: Help Offers for Golden Time

Post by rpapo »

Darklor wrote:Hm, I would like it, if this thread could remain separate, but we could also create a new one for my purpose, but only if Rpapo would like to have help. ;)
Well, this thread is becoming about how to merge threads, and wouldn't really be right in the main Golden Time thread, which is about translation issues. Currently, that thread is mainly myself, Doraneko and YoakeNoHikari, though others appear there from time to time.

As for whether or not I want help, I am of divided mind. On the one hand, I am not a fast translator (yet), and Takemiya writes much faster than I can keep up with. If somebody else wanted to start working on one of the other volumes, they could, but I haven't exactly had a lot of offers of help. Most (no, all) of the Toradora bunch appears to have become burnt out on Takemiya, yet there's a lot to be done yet: Watashitachi no Tamura-kun (both volumes), 90%+ of Toradora Spinoff 1, about 40% of Spinoff 2 and about 90% of Spinoff 3. Not to mention Golden Time volumes 2 and 3, plus the three Nijigen-kun spinoff stories (about 35-40 pages apiece).

As far as I know, Golden Time 3 is not the end of that series, either. I have no idea just how long the author wants to stretch it out, but at least Takemiya hasn't shown a tendency to draw things out like an American soap opera :roll:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

SailorSonic wrote:Ok, I guess I could join a translation prject, but only if it's for 1 or 2 chapters. I'm too lazy to do an entire book, lol.
But ok, will do what you want, maybe Dissonance was the right section in the end...

Darklor

YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

I'd love to help translate the Toradora side stories, but I think my current project will be completed by the time I graduate...from university, (I'm still enjoying my 青春 in high school.)
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

YoakeNoHikari wrote:I'd love to help translate the Toradora side stories, but I think my current project will be completed by the time I graduate...from university, (I'm still enjoying my 青春 in high school.)
Well, as beginner's projects, the Toradora or Golden Time spinoffs are really nice. They're small and self-contained, especially the stories in Toradora Spinoff 3. Our Russian colleague, isapfe, did one of the smaller ones from there. I have no idea where he got his raws: I was given a raw TXT file for Toradora Spinoff 2, but I have the physical book for it too. In fact, I have all the printed texts for the Takemiya works, courtesy of Amazon-JP. As has already been noted, raw scans of all three volumes of Golden Time are already out there on the internet, and are easy to find via Google.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Is that better Rpapo? ;)

Darklor

rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Darklor wrote:Is that better Rpapo? ;)
Well, if you want to move this thread out of the CDZ, I have no problem with that, though I have no idea just where you would want to put it outside of Auxiliary Brigades. It just wouldn't have been quite right over in the Translation Questions thread, IMHO.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”