Golden Time: Help Offers

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Golden Time: Help Offers

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

rpapo wrote:If you find spelling or real grammar errors, be my guest. Several others have also been making corrections as they see them. But if you think the change required will change the meaning of what is said drastically, please consult with me first. I have the original Japanese text, and significant changes should be verified against that first.

That said, English errors do creep in because of my style of translation. I tend to break the Japanese sentences up into pieces, translate the pieces individually, and then assemble it all back together. Sometimes I am doing that in a hurry, which can lead to some odd errors. I really need to proof my own English more thoroughly . . .

Now, if you happen to have the Japanese text, and understand it as it is, and what you see is in variance from what I have put down in English, then by all means tell me where I am wrong, both for my edification and for the betterment of the translation. We have had one or two people of this sort happen along before, and their contributions have been quite valuable.
extra note: I DON'T WANNA BE PINK! I WANNA BE BLUE DAMMIT!!
Now you're blue. You're the first person I've promoted. I was given the rights a month ago, but hadn't figured out how to do it yet.
Ok thanks for that, n thank u for getting rid of that colour
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

Just came by to wish ya good luck in your translations. ('w')b
Been reading it as they come, so looking forward to more.
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

Dalam wrote:Just came by to wish ya good luck in your translations. ('w')b
Been reading it as they come, so looking forward to more.
Little by little. I have been a combination of distracted by other things, and confounded by some of the complexities in the LN text lately. Fortunately the manga now has a translator, so I'm not getting distracted by that. Much.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Did you prefer the manga over the novel?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Darklor wrote:Did you prefer the manga over the novel?
Meh. They are different animals. The manga is far easier to translate, but working with Village Idiot was a pain. Leaving aside the fact that ZeroDC doesn't really like me, working with them is like working in a dark room with soundproofing: there's hardly any interaction. There's no sense of teamwork there . . . very unlike what it has been like working with U-Prod and Casanova. We would have been up to chapter 12 (the last in tankobon format so far) months ago if we'd been doing it with the Casanova team, but ZeroDC and Village Idiot cast a long shadow (pall?) over the world of scanlation nowadays. Everybody's afraid of them.

That said, the only manga on my plate for now is Evergreen . . . and we won't see another chapter of that for at least another three weeks, or possibly seven weeks yet. I will be doing that with Casanova.
Youmu
Astral Realm

Post by Youmu »

Just wanted to stop by and state Im grateful that the translation work is progressing smoothly. Gives me something to look forward to every few days. Thanks for that.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Youmu wrote:...every few days.
I try, but am finding myself more and more interrupted of late. I want to put out at least a page every day, but life tends to get in the way.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”