The Sword Queen and Branded Child

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Tsurugi no Joou to Rakuin no Ko" ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 1169

Rena
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The Sword Queen and Branded Child: General

Post by Rena »

Hello

I am waiting too, since 7 month, but Zephyrus seems busy. Oo
I hope he will continue his work soon. I truly want to know more!

So long!
Rena
"In this high pressure situation, he was the one who didn't fall back... the only person who stood up and faught." - Farneze
irbored
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by irbored »

I started translating this from Chinese to English. Speed translation no proofreading. The goal is to finish Volume 2.
dunpeal
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dunpeal »

Awesome ... Cant wait to read , thanx

<3<3<3
Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream "Master" "Master"
DarkSilverSky
Astral Realm

Post by DarkSilverSky »

Someone is actually translatting this. thanks ;)
Finnaly gonna get to read some parts of the second volume.
White
Astral Realm

Post by White »

Thanks you so much for continue translating this. :D :D :D
dqsang90
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dqsang90 »

Wow, months without any update, and then suddenly 4 chapters in less than a week. You are my hero, Irbored. Thank you so much for taking up this awesome novel.
xersax
Astral Realm

Post by xersax »

Mmm... Just to ask... To discuss any major edits, like sentence structure changes, can be done here right?
Xersax
Literature Club Member

Post by Xersax »

Hmm... Just to ask... To discuss major edits, such as changing entire sentences, are done here right?

Since I'm new to Baka Tsuki...

Edit: Sorry if I have double posted... First time navigating these forums.
“A wet boy has a deader, an assassin has a target, because assassins sometimes miss.”
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

For "small" projects, you can do so in the project's General topic (here, for example).
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
irbored
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by irbored »

xersax wrote:Mmm... Just to ask... To discuss any major edits, like sentence structure changes, can be done here right?

Please do not change the tense at will.

Minerva lying down, looking at this image - at this moment, she is aware that ...

was changed to

Minerva was lying down, looking at this image - at that moment, she was aware that ...

this sentence is supposed to be present tense not past then. She did not became aware 5 minutes ago she became aware right at this point in time.

While editing please try not to add context or change the tense.

thank you.
Xersax
Literature Club Member

Post by Xersax »

irbored wrote:
xersax wrote:Mmm... Just to ask... To discuss any major edits, like sentence structure changes, can be done here right?

Please do not change the tense at will.

Minerva lying down, looking at this image - at this moment, she is aware that ...

was changed to

Minerva was lying down, looking at this image - at that moment, she was aware that ...

this sentence is supposed to be present tense not past then. She did not became aware 5 minutes ago she became aware right at this point in time.

While editing please try not to add context or change the tense.

thank you.
Thank you for letting me know about it and I am truly sorry for that mishap on my part.

Noted and will do better next time.
“A wet boy has a deader, an assassin has a target, because assassins sometimes miss.”
Xersax
Literature Club Member

Post by Xersax »

Was thinking to revise this bolded line, since it's part of the ritual greeting to the Queen. Sounds awkward.

"Revered Queen, able to understand through and through destiny, and all of the Gods, I request to be allowed into Your Majesty's holy grace."

What I'm guessing it's a religous overview of what an Oracle Decree is.

"Revered Queen, able to understand Destiny through and through, and all of the Gods as well ..."

I'm new at this. So yea... Do let me know if I've crossed any lines somewhere, somehow, by some means.

And this is just me being ambitious.
Spoiler! :
"Revered Queen, for whom all of Destiny/Fate, and those of the Gods lay before your understanding ..."
irbored
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by irbored »

Xersax wrote:Was thinking to revise this bolded line, since it's part of the ritual greeting to the Queen. Sounds awkward.

"Revered Queen, able to understand through and through destiny, and all of the Gods, I request to be allowed into Your Majesty's holy grace."

What I'm guessing it's a religous overview of what an Oracle Decree is.

"Revered Queen, able to understand Destiny through and through, and all of the Gods as well ..."

I'm new at this. So yea... Do let me know if I've crossed any lines somewhere, somehow, by some means.

And this is just me being ambitious.
Spoiler! :
"Revered Queen, for whom all of Destiny/Fate, and those of the Gods lay before your understanding ..."
First alternative is ok, second one not so much. This whole chapter on a scale of 1 to 10 of the "formal scale" is at 11.

Formal speech in English is very very very hard to write. Especially from the older languages. That's why people just leave -sama -san -kakka - dono - chan -kun etc untranslated.

"and those of the Gods lay before your understanding" changes the context imo . She doesn't understand the fate of the gods, she can just understand the gods. Basically just leave it. If you get technical you can spend hours on a single sentence.

And no it's not an overview of the Oracle Decree. The Oracle decree is a prophetic dream given by the highest of the gods(Duke of God/Tuekay/Dushanda/ I can't really figure out how to name him... basically it's Zeus). And this part here is basically saying in "normal english"

"Oh great queen, capable of future foresight, and of understanding what the gods say, please let me come in." (don't use this. this is just an explanation he does not say this at any point.)
irbored
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by irbored »

So the holidays are over and I have time to translate again. Expect 1-2 chapters per week until the end of vol 2.
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by lostotaku »

irbored wrote:So the holidays are over and I have time to translate again. Expect 1-2 chapters per week until the end of vol 2.
awesome :) you seem to be quite a fast translator If I may say so :)
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception

Return to “English”