Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Rakuin no Monshou

Post by chancs »

Reading the reviews of this series made me very intereseted in this series :)

Name: Rakuin no Monshou(烙印の紋章)
Author: Tomonori Sugihara (杉原智則) (also the author of Eureka 7)

Volumes : 11 (likely to end by volume 12)
After a long decades of war, peace was established between the two empire by marrying of the Empire's prince Gill Mefiusu to Gerbera's princess Birina Awel. But before the two could meet, Gill was killed.

Oruba is a sword-slave war orphan who happened to be a split-image of Gill Mefiusu. An anti-empire faction leader Fedomu learned about him and decided to use him as the prince's double. Oruba accept it as a chance to revenge the empire that killed his mother and burned his village...
A very detailed and explicit review on BT Blog

Other review site

Project page
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: adding link to the project page
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Rakuin no Monshou is great. :D I recall reading the nine volumes that were out at the time in one or two weeks—on the screen and my smart phone. I love how many Ossans there are, and how the writer doesn't put in any moe at all. Also, Olba is GAR.

That being said, I'd never translate it. Too much dry text. But if anyone decides to go for it, I might do some proof-reading.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

After reading review on Baka-Tsuki blog I also wanted to create a topic and ask for translation of this novel... but I was to lazy to do it. Now all it's left to wait to someone who will be interested in translating it.
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

Hello.
I've been studying Japanese for little over a year now, and I've started translating Rakuin Monshou a while ago to improve my language skills. So I don't mind creating a project page and start translating on a regular basis.
However, as you can see, I'm new here nad I don't know if you have to do some sort of test in order to apply for a translator. Can anyone clarify me on that?
Hiro Hayase
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hiro Hayase »

Dohma wrote:Hello.
I've been studying Japanese for little over a year now, and I've started translating Rakuin Monshou a while ago to improve my language skills. So I don't mind creating a project page and start translating on a regular basis.
However, as you can see, I'm new here nad I don't know if you have to do some sort of test in order to apply for a translator. Can anyone clarify me on that?
In that case go ahead and make a project page, if you know how otherwise just wait for someone who can. The project will be a teaser until it has enough chapters for official project status.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

All you need is a wiki account and a translated chapter...

You should normally be following those rules, but since the bosses are a little absent, you can go ahead creating your project page, as Hiro Hayase told you to, creating the main page, the registration page and the forum thread, then you must not forget that :
Publish ONE TRANSLATED CHAPTER within ONE WEEK on the wiki complete with a Main Page and a Registration Page.
(That's why you need a translated chapter ;) )
And also do not forget to
Finally, append the the tag:

Code: Select all

{{Warning:ATP}}
At the top of the wiki page, this is to bring the project to the attention of the Consul/Supervisor and prevent it from being deleted
So your project will be in queue to be officially accepted. You will then need the approval coming from upper, but if you have more than one chapter, it's no problem normally.

Then you will need other people to help you. ;)

If you are having problems to create the said pages, I may help you.
But I can't help translating or proof-reading, you will need motivated persons there. ;)

EDIT:
Ah and to put your project in the teaser category or in any other category don't forget to put at the end of your main page :

Code: Select all

[[Category:Teasers]]
[[Category:Whatever]]
;)
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Hiro Hayase
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hiro Hayase »

Make sure you get it approved by a supervisor as well.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Interesting series. I might add it to my reading list later.

How many volumes does this book have? 12? or 9?
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

ArchmageXin wrote:How many volumes does this book have? 12? or 9?
12 - the last volume just came out a few months ago.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Yuppiieee. My long awaited moment :mrgreen:
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

I just received a PM from chancs, who offered to put op the project page for me. I can't PM him back, because I can't use that function yet, so I'm posting it here.
I've got the prologue translated, and I'm currently doing the first chapter. You can put the project page up whenever you have the time.
I can't PM the supervisors yet either, so if you'd like to notify them, that'd be great.
And to the rest - thanks for your advice. I'm looking forward to working on this.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:
ArchmageXin wrote:How many volumes does this book have? 12? or 9?
12 - the last volume just came out a few months ago.
Guess it must not been too popular. Chinese translation are stuck somewhere near 9. Not sure if I want to take the plunge. :(
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Project Page created by Dohma here
mystichead
Mikuru's Master

Post by mystichead »

awesome stuff....cant wait for more.......this really sates my thirst for shounen/seinen like this....which are (atleast for wht seems like ) lacking comparative shallow plot, characters ie unrealistic and possibly stupid stuff going on (which call for occasional facepalming), possibly cheap gimmicks/fanservice (not just ecchi related stuff) additions as well....

while mismarca is most likely never going to be translated........due to being very very very hard and or tedious(comparatively).... this should do nicely.........

thnx for ur work mate(mates if others join/with u lol)
interests(In Order respectively):
Science, biases, girls, stories,anime/manga/novels, games, hard sciences, social sciences, psuedoscience, statistics, historical accuracy, myself, girls,statistics, gender/racial/group portrayal, Warhammer40k, boxing, biking, exercising, MYSELF,GIRLS & SCIENCE
Recently
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Recently »

Looks pretty interesting so far.
Spoiler! :
Anyone else getting a man in the iron mask vibe? Wonder if he ends up being a twin or half brother to the prince or something.

Return to “English”