Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi ?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 696

Studart
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Future project sugestion - Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Post by Studart »

I love the manga : ) And ..."light novel > anime" usually... so... I'll just "pray" and who knows someone love this and decide to translate XD
wilhelmson
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wilhelmson »

Kadi wrote: Also, from what I saw this is generic. Very generic. Protag is regarded as a failure but actually super-powerful/talented, he just needed time. He had time, now he builds a harem of generic girls, including a flat tsundere loli lead, and gets generic power-ups in critical situations. I don't see why anybody but the "HAAAAAAREM*drool*"-faction would be interested. Well, maybe the Kamen-(masked superhero/sentai)-fanboys get a kick out of his armor design...

Generic world, generic characters, generic plot, generic dialog... *sigh* ... There's not even a little sister to save the day.
Oh Kadi, you're missing one of the factions. Not the Harem-faction nor the Kamen-faction.. Not even the Loli-faction.. It is us of the Dragon-Moe-faction(tm)! Those wings.. scales.. teeth.. and horns..! So moe! :oops:

This story reminds me of "Iseikai no Seikishi Monogatari" which was an OAV series done by the guy that did Tenchi Muyo! .. but WITH DRAGONS .. MOTHERFREAKING DRAGONS! I can put up with the generic everything, including the god-awful abusive tsundere "Louise" clone lead because of.. DRAGONS!
Lucifier Jantork
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Lucifier Jantork »

wilhelmson wrote: Oh Kadi, you're missing one of the factions. Not the Harem-faction nor the Kamen-faction.. Not even the Loli-faction.. It is us of the Dragon-Moe-faction(tm)! Those wings.. scales.. teeth.. and horns..! So moe! :oops:

This story reminds me of "Iseikai no Seikishi Monogatari" which was an OAV series done by the guy that did Tenchi Muyo! .. but WITH DRAGONS .. MOTHERFREAKING DRAGONS! I can put up with the generic everything, including the god-awful abusive tsundere "Louise" clone lead because of.. DRAGONS!
So, you just want to see 'Dragons' in the story? Is that right?

If so, I was thinking about translating a novel that has those 'Dragon Riders'. But I don't know whether it has a 'Dragon-Moe element' or not.
It seemed more like a serious, action story to me, and that's why I was interested in it even before I started translating "Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou".

I'll probably work on it later on (and there's one more related to 'Magicians'). But yeah, do let me know whether 'serious stories' suit your taste or not.
You never know how things would turn out in the end.

By the way, I was planning to translate this novel first (since I like 'dragons'), but because of that 'Louise-esque' character I only read the 'Prologue'.
I stopped reading ZnT because of that Louise character, after all. She is too much of a 'tyrant,' and I want to read a story not some superfluous physical and verbal abuse.
wilhelmson
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wilhelmson »

Lucifier Jantork wrote:So, you just want to see 'Dragons' in the story? Is that right?

If so, I was thinking about translating a novel that has those 'Dragon Riders'. But I don't know whether it has a 'Dragon-Moe element' or not.
It seemed more like a serious, action story to me, and that's why I was interested in it even before I started translating "Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou".

I'll probably work on it later on (and there's one more related to 'Magicians'). But yeah, do let me know whether 'serious stories' suit your taste or not.
You never know how things would turn out in the end.

By the way, I was planning to translate this novel first (since I like 'dragons'), but because of that 'Louise-esque' character I only read the 'Prologue'.
I stopped reading ZnT because of that Louise character, after all. She is too much of a 'tyrant,' and I want to read a story not some superfluous physical and verbal abuse.
Ah! Someone being serious! Sorry for being deceiving, but I just like trolling Kadi. A serious dragon rider story sounds very intriguing! "Madan no Ou" is my fave right now when it comes to somewhat serious fantasy style settings.. Followed by "Gate" even though it's not a light novel, but a novel series. "Madan no Ou" is not as dark by any means, but actions are shown to have consequences for sure with complex political ramifications and a "twist" of harem.

This story is a tad generic, to be honest, including the Louse-style character upfront - but in all seriousness I'm a big fan of knights and dragons so I found it somewhat fun and mindless.. It is slightly more interesting based on the later (vol 4+) summaries I read on the animesuki & jcafe boards by Kleeyook, and there's less "tsundere"-ness in the future it seems. You can take a look at them to see if this story is to your liking or not: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... 82&page=20
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

SEIKOKU NO RYUU KISHI (possible project)

Post by ArchmageXin »

Rather than translating a teaser, you can read the managa here:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/seikoku_no_ryuu_kishi/

Seikoku No Ryuu Kishi
Summary:

About a male student in an academy that teaches students to raise dragons. The boy's dragon finally hatches one day, and its a beautiful girl. The adventure begins.
Another boy meets harem novel (I.E sexy Dragon girl who call her rider "Dog", the stereotypical princess with self-esteem problems, the maid who blurt out everything, and the seductive student council president.), I found the chinese translation for this series online...should I?
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: SEIKOKU NO RYUU KISHI (possible project)

Post by arczyx »

What's up with the second choice? :lol:
DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Dude the second choice sure is right. How about focusing on the current work rather than creating a new project. Futhermore i am a big fan of Seirei :D :D :D
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Wow, it's tied at 3 - 3 right now :lol:

Btw, this topic is moved because it fit better here.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Shouldn't this be merged with the existing thread?

Unless the question being asked is, stated more accurately, "Should ArchmageXin translate Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi instead of Blade Dance?"
In that case, please edit the title and opening post to properly reflect the actual proposal.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

zzhk wrote:Shouldn't this be merged with the existing thread?
I actually considered to do that, but I don't really know how merging thread works, so I just leave it as it is.
zzhk wrote:Unless the question being asked is, stated more accurately, "Should ArchmageXin translate Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi instead of Blade Dance?"
In that case, please edit the title and opening post to properly reflect the actual proposal.
True.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Chose the second one for the lulz. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Well, I will translate either volume 3, chapter 6 (assuming Kira didn't already start working on it) of Blade dance, or Seikoku no Ryuu chapter 1, whichever reach 10 votes first :mrgreen:
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Vote #1 Seikoku
Vote #2 Seikoku
Vote #3 Seikoku
Vote #4 Seikoku
Vote #5 Seikoku
Vote #6 Seikoku
Vote #7 Seikoku
Vote #8 Seikoku
Vote #9 Seikoku
Vote #10 Seikoku

there since that's 10 votes you gotta go with it.

If we gonna have another chapter with a tsunder loli then we might as well go with the one that has dragons since dragons are cooler than spirits.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I would say it could be merged at the moment when there is a conclusion... and maybe the project is started... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

I am going to get started on volume 3, chapter 1 tonight. Why volume 3? because the first two volumes are actually covered in the manga already. And I am not sure how long I can stay involved on the project. Real life issues + Girlfriend want to read blade dance, and her votes counter more =/

Return to “English”