Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 651

tuyenle360
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hagure Yūsha no Estetica

Post by tuyenle360 »

Hey guys my name is tuyenle360
I'm new here(literally just signed up a few minutes ago) and just wanted to show my interest in translating this light novel
although my Japanese and English isn't great I'd really like to help translate this for the people who aren't able to.

Now as I have no clue how to contact members directly, jn19930 would it be cool with you if I register to do some chapters?
I'm just really keen on translating stuff so I haven't read all the forum rules yet(hopefully I'm not breaking any)

But yeah I'm real keen and have lots of free time hope you guys can support and I'll do the best I can.

Also I have no knowledge about editing wiki pages and as such if I am able to complete some chapters I would appreciate it
if people could help me with that.

Also jn19930 thanks for your hard work on volume 1
jn19930
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by jn19930 »

Go ahead and register for the parts you want. You can always contact me through PMs or leaving a msg on my talk page. I'm currently translating Vol.4 Chapter 1, but since I have one more midterm (and a variety of assignments :cry: ) I'm slowly doing it. I'll most likely continue to finish that Vol so u can select one that you want to translate and go on with it. I'm pretty new too so just play around it and you'll learn the basics for the wiki.

What I really need is someone to do the terminology page and update it (just look at vol. 1 epilogue 5 names there i unno how to translate.) If you're translating it from Japanese, can you take a look at those terms and see if you can make a better translation for them?

P.S. Don't call me jn19930, just jn will be fine. I get all tingly when i see that except when I type it for login.
Spoiler! :
Location of my translated works:
http://pastebin.com/u/jn19930
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

A bored-at-lunch character dump translation from the jp wikipedia page: (Spoiler because, well, spoilers.)
Spoiler! :
== 独立創世機関ノア (Independent Genesis Agency "Noah") ==
凰沢 暁月(おうさわ あかつき)- Ousawa Akatsuki
凰沢 美兎(おうさわ みう)- Ousawa Miu (Her real name is 『ミュウ』Myuu.)
五泉 千影(いずみ ちかげ)- Izumi Chikage
桐元 葛葉(どうもと くずは)- Doumoto Kuzuha
七瀬 遥(ななせ はるか)- Nanase Haruka
リスティ・エル・ダ・シェルフィード- Risty El Da Sherfied (Anime uses "Listy" as her name first name.)
海堂 元春(かいどう もとはる)- Kaidou Motoharu
久保田 灰人(くぼた かいと)- Kubota Kaito
嵐ノ宮 貴子(あらしのみや たかこ)- Arashinomiya Takako
黒野 亞衣(くろの あい)- Kurono Ai)

== 国際教育機関「BABEL」日本支部 (International Educational Institution "BABEL" Japanese Branch) ==
=== Student Council ===
氷神 京也(ひかみ きょうや)- Hikami Kyouya
哀原 美奈巳(あいはら みなみ)- Aihara Minami
上崎 遼平(うえさき りょうへい)- Uesaki Ryouhei

=== Japanese Government ===
篠川 慎哉(しのかわ しんや)Shinokawa Shinya (One of his sons (of three) name is 鬼塚剣哉 I believe? Furigana from novel needed.)

=== コクーン(COCOON) ===
ミハエル・アークウッド - Michael Arkwood/Arcwood (I (That's his pseudonym, is real name is 凰沢朔夜 if I'm reading this correctly; need furigana from novel to know how it's correctly spelt.)
レティア・クライシス -
クラウディオ・ファリス -
ジュード・オルティス -
クリス・テンペスト -

=== 国際テロ組織「朱の黄昏」 (International Terrorist/Terror Organisation "Twilight Dusk") ===
凰沢 鋼毅(おうさわ ごうき) - Ousawa Gouki
セシル・エンドハート -
ティアナ・ランドハウゼン -
深鏡 めめこ(みかがみ めめこ) - Mikagami Memeko
鬼塚 剣哉(おにづか けんや) - Onozuka Kenya

=== Other ===
凰沢 美兎(本物)(おうさわ みう) - Ousawa Miu (the real one)
田中(たなか) - Tanaka
Anyway, ran out of time; will finish this later.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
tuyenle360
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tuyenle360 »

Ok thanks, it will cool to work with ya.
I'll do earlier volumes just cause I feel the anime left out important details and after I get those done then I'll think about what to do from then. Though I'll be translating really slowly cause even though I have heaps from free time since I'm not Japanese I have to reference a lot of dictionaries and my English has fallen apart but yea heres hoping it goes well. I'll have a look at the terminology thread and see if it can be improved.

Thanks for that denormative
saves me a lot of work
also do you think you could make pdf's for this series as well cause I read all my PDF/light novels on my (hacked) psp and the way you make your pdf makes it really easy to read on it so yea if you could I'd really appreciate it.
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

Thanks, this should help a bit. Although it might be hard, could you possibly find the names for the Demon Race' village, because I believe there is a couple of names that pop up quite a few times in Vol.4 and Vol.5 as they are in the same arc, and I know one of them is going to appear in part 5 of Vol 4, Chapter 1. and Probably more will pop up throughout the Volume. I'll probably reference it with a temporary name for now until someone can give me those names :D

Of course, it might be quite unreasonable for me to ask you for all the names that pop up so only if you have time :?

P.S. I'll do one more part tmr (Two if I feel like it just like today) when I wake up but that's it for this weekend, I have other things to do so the rest will have to come in the following week.
Spoiler! :
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

jn19930 wrote: find the names for the Demon Race' village, because I believe there is a couple of names that pop up quite a few times in Vol.4 and Vol.5 as they are in the same arc, and I know one of them is going to appear in part 5 of Vol 4,
vol 4 doesn't have a part 5 (in the jp version at least), you mean the 終章? (I'm guessing yes, epilogue), so I went through there, and there are a ton of weird names, for instance, who's Melissa? Loved the last line of vol 4 though, I've gotta read this from scratch b4 you finish it! Back on topic though, I seem to have missed the village name in there, I've got vol 4-5 so if you know in general where it is, point this dummy (me) in the right direction and I'll be right back with it.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
tuyenle360
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tuyenle360 »

Yeah sure can though I just realised naming sense is really bad so go with a temporary name and we'll just have work on one we both agree with.
Also dont be afraid to ask me anything I can do to help if I'm busy then I'll tell you I'm busy.

Thats really quick I started this morning and havent even finished a part for the prologue yet.
Though since I dont know that much japanese I take some time to extract/write the text to a text file so its easier to look up the stuff I dont know.
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

I meant Vol4 Chapter 1 Part 5. Haven't looked through the thing, but from my memory these were the names that popped up quite a bit. I know there are like a gazillion more in the volume, but I think it'll take a while for me to get there.

Pretty sure I need these, so if you could do these, it would be a bigggg help :D
Think I typed it wrong but I looked at the JP wiki and the names were there (Assuming I got it right, I just used the google translate and looked at the phonetics but someone could correct me if it is wrong

ゲイルペイン - Geirupein
ウルム - Urumu
クルト - Kuruto
リルル - Riruru
Spoiler! :
tuyenle360
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tuyenle360 »

obsidian pegasus wrote:
jn19930 wrote: find the names for the Demon Race' village, because I believe there is a couple of names that pop up quite a few times in Vol.4 and Vol.5 as they are in the same arc, and I know one of them is going to appear in part 5 of Vol 4,
who's Melissa? Loved the last line of vol 4
Spoiler! :
Melissa is the person that hired Akatsuki while he was still in Alayzard
Also this is the spelling for the main demon race village
フォレストニウム
(vol 4 chapter 1 part 5)
since my naming sense is bad I'll let you guys decide
and yea everything you just wrote jn is phonetically correct
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

Bleh, I finished another part in the middle of the night when I should actually go to sleep. I'll post it onto the wiki when I wake up (Yes, it's on my pastebin already). Thanks for the name of the village, it will take forever for me to find the jap name so I'll just use the google translate and grab the phonetics until someone with good naming sense decides to update it :D

I really should read back the Vol before I translate, but then it'll take a while for me to translate >.> (since I don't remember who was Melissa either :? ) Guess I should just translate instead of reading it back again and go with what I remember.
Spoiler! :
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

jn19930 wrote:I meant Vol4 Chapter 1 Part 5. Haven't looked through the thing, but from my memory these were the names that popped up quite a bit. I know there are like a gazillion more in the volume, but I think it'll take a while for me to get there.
Unfortunately the wiki tends to only mention major names or places/things related to major names. The katakana ones look like they're going to require a lot of lateral thinking. I'm kind of irritated I seem to have lost my Casio Japanese electronic translation dictionary which had a whole pile of encyclopaedias and other things that make it easier to guestimate a good english equivalent. :(
jn19930 wrote:Think I typed it wrong but I looked at the JP wiki and the names were there (Assuming I got it right, I just used the google translate and looked at the phonetics but someone could correct me if it is wrong

ゲイルペイン - Geirupein
ウルム - Urumu
クルト - Kuruto
リルル - Riruru
That looks correct; though it seems strange they've got ゲイ rather then ゲィ for the first name. Ah well, they're anything if consistent. :?

Anyway, it's probably easiest just to put the romaji version inline, and <ref></ref> the katakana/kanji of any ones you're not sure of. It'll make it easier for me or someone else to go through it afterwards and check it, then we can remove it and add the 'official' translation to the guidelines.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
joegargery
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joegargery »

Updated http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _Guideline with already known terms. Feel free to change or use them. Real reason for posting is to make known all my Prologues can be used as draft or kept. If your a perfectest or whatever, and want the full volume feel free to remove my name.
PROzess
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by PROzess »

Katakana names are always a pleasure to translate, since whatever you might come up with is totally different from what the author had in mind.
So you're either lucky and have the author provide (an utterly ridiculous) transcription, or you somehow have to come up with a term yourself.
For that you have to keep in mind that Japanese write down foreign names the exact way like they are pronounced. So just keep reading out the katakana names a couple of times (don't be stingy, do it like 20-30 times) and in time you'll get to something decent. A google search for similar names can be helpful too, like you can use a part of a longer name.
denormative wrote:That looks correct; though it seems strange they've got ゲイ rather then ゲィ for the first name. Ah well, they're anything if consistent. :?
ゲイ is more like gei/gay while ゲィ is more of an gi.

Anyway, I would like to propose an alternative for ゲイルペイン: Galevain.
jn19930
Project Translator

Post by jn19930 »

denormative wrote: That looks correct; though it seems strange they've got ゲイ rather then ゲィ for the first name. Ah well, they're anything if consistent. :?

Anyway, it's probably easiest just to put the romaji version inline, and <ref></ref> the katakana/kanji of any ones you're not sure of. It'll make it easier for me or someone else to go through it afterwards and check it, then we can remove it and add the 'official' translation to the guidelines.
Problem is I'm using a chinese raw to translate, so I don't own the Jap version (plus I won't be able to find the name through the pile of text unless I spend a whole bunch of time. Only thing I can actually do is just stick it with a <ref></ref> with temporary name. (Like I did in the Epilogue.)
PROzess wrote: ゲイ is more like gei/gay while ゲィ is more of an gi.

Anyway, I would like to propose an alternative for ゲイルペイン: Galevain.
The alternative sounds muchmuch better than the one which seemed like some random jap name to me, I'll use that for now until someone can suggest a better alternative.

Anyways, anyone know the name of the Forest Village they were brought to? (Shows up in the end of Vol4 Chapter 1 Part 5 (last sentence too).) It's a super long name in the chinese raw so I don't think I should attempt it that and I couldn't find the jap name for it.

EDIT: Apparently the name of the forest village popped up a few times, so I translated it off chinese as Fresdonime, which clearly needs a name change (as it isn't based off Jap.) But that's what I'll use for now until someone can help me find the name for it.

EDIT2: Apparently someone posted the jap name for the village フォレストニウム which turns to Foresutoniumu, which kinda sounds like teh one I'm using so I'll think its close enough that I'll leave it as that.
Last edited by jn19930 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler! :
reimark24
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica

Post by reimark24 »

the LN is way more better than the anime!! i wish more translator picks this project :D

Return to “English”