Tokyo Ravens

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Tokyo Ravens ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 532

lygophile
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Tokyo Ravens

Post by lygophile »

For anyone who might be wondering (and who also reads the forums), Tokyo Ravens is currently caught up with the Chinese translations (including the EX side stories). That means that translations will now hinge upon the Chinese translators, unless of course someone else decides to translate from the Japanese raws.
TaitoMagatsu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

I need to ask, about Tokyo Ravens' 4th volume (GIRL RETURN)

Post by TaitoMagatsu »

So I was pretty excited about Tokyo Ravens, having just recently discovered it. I read through the 1st, 2nd and 3rd volumes and was starting to read the 4th, when I reach this part:
Spoiler! :
When at the opening ceremony, Dairenji Suzuka comes up and says "He's the first person I kissed!", referring to Harutora.
What? Just... whaaat? Dude, that is not something you would ever say in public. Even more so being a girl.

You'd need to have some schizofrenia or asperger (bad treated) or something! In order for that to not make you hate yourself after saying it. Nobody in the series is that crazy.

Just what is the author trying to do? Is this another one of the typical bad comedy moves, where the distance between the protagonic couple increases ever again? (and never reaching a state of concrete romantic relationship) Or is he trying to make the series a harem now? WHAT IS HE DOING. GAAAH.

Anyways, even if there's no good answer for those questions, what I really need to know is if the series is still worth the read.
iron maw
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: I need to ask, about Tokyo Ravens' 4th volume (GIRL RETU

Post by iron maw »

TaitoMagatsu wrote:So I was pretty excited about Tokyo Ravens, having just recently discovered it. I read through the 1st, 2nd and 3rd volumes and was starting to read the 4th, when I reach this part:
Spoiler! :
When at the opening ceremony, Dairenji Suzuka comes up and says "He's the first person I kissed!", referring to Harutora.
What? Just... whaaat? Dude, that is not something you would ever say in public. Even more so being a girl.

You'd need to have some schizofrenia or asperger (bad treated) or something! In order for that to not make you hate yourself after saying it. Nobody in the series is that crazy.

Just what is the author trying to do? Is this another one of the typical bad comedy moves, where the distance between the protagonic couple increases ever again? (and never reaching a state of concrete romantic relationship) Or is he trying to make the series a harem now? WHAT IS HE DOING. GAAAH.

Anyways, even if there's no good answer for those questions, what I really need to know is if the series is still worth the read.
Suzuka's messing with Harutora on purpose. She wants everyone to think they going out because it will annoy him. That said she does have an interest in, but doesn't really any effect on the OTP because it's not focused on heavily. So don't be concerned.
SkipFrog
Astral Realm

Post by SkipFrog »

lygophile wrote:For anyone who might be wondering (and who also reads the forums), Tokyo Ravens is currently caught up with the Chinese translations (including the EX side stories). That means that translations will now hinge upon the Chinese translators, unless of course someone else decides to translate from the Japanese raws.

I would just show my appreciation towards you guys for translating Tokyo Ravens. I understand how hard it is to translate from one language to another, and thank you for translating. Your translations are definitely well translated. I find myself understanding almost every sentence like it was an English novel. You also translate some phrases into their English equivalents, such as idioms and common English phrases as well; just pay some extra attention to your tenses, especially the shifts. Nonetheless, great job, kudos to you guys and keep up the good translating!

Looking forward to more of your awesome translations (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
xaero
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by xaero »

Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

I know this is probably a stupid question especially seeing how many volumes the anime covered in that amount of episodes. However I will ask anyway :P How badly do I need to go back and read through volumes 1-9 or can I just jump into volume 10-11? It's guaranteed that I'll read 1-9 anyways but I really want to see what happens afterwords so I'm torn with what to do.
lygophile
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by lygophile »

You 'can'. You will know the approximate plot. I personally suggest that you do not.
Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

Does that mean there was a lot of details and explanations left out of the anime? Of course there was :lol: but is it stuff that will make the story that much better in the long run?
genankush
Astral Realm

Post by genankush »

Oblivion 0117 wrote:Does that mean there was a lot of details and explanations left out of the anime? Of course there was :lol: but is it stuff that will make the story that much better in the long run?
Yes you will enjoy it much more if you read it from the beginning! Some battles and parts are heavily altered, they are lot more exiting in the light novel.
Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

genankush wrote:
Oblivion 0117 wrote:Does that mean there was a lot of details and explanations left out of the anime? Of course there was :lol: but is it stuff that will make the story that much better in the long run?
Yes you will enjoy it much more if you read it from the beginning! Some battles and parts are heavily altered, they are lot more exiting in the light novel.
Aaaand sold!!! Guess I'm starting from the beggining after all (though I guess I was kinda expecting it).
Groum
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Gekkou and Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

Post by Groum »

Is there anyone who can Create PDF for Tokyo Ravens ?, i curently reading vol.1 and it's really exciting :-D
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

Groum wrote:Is there anyone who can Create PDF for Tokyo Ravens ?, i curently reading vol.1 and it's really exciting :-D
The pdf's for most of Tokyo Ravens volumes (only volume 10 is missing) have already been created by denormative and you can find the download links to it, in the first post of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=5443
eragon127
Astral Realm

Post by eragon127 »

Now volume 11 is translated. It is too great. Thank you very much !!!!!!! :D
Asclepius
Reader

Post by Asclepius »

wooow, thanx for the newest chapter. :D :D
harks87