Tokyo Ravens

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Tokyo Ravens ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 532

xkianloongx
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Tokyo Ravens

Post by xkianloongx »

found this online today when i am surfing the net.

the character design attracts me.
anyone interested to translate it?
btw. can anyone translate for me what they have wrote in these 2 picture?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Project Suggestion: Tokyo Ravens

Post by Darklor »

Found this, if you can read French, Spanish or Portuguese (I am not sure which language it is (probably not French, would guess its Portuguese because of uma): http://www.interney.net/blogs/maximumco ... honen_ace/

Also if I understand that http://blogs.perumanga.net/News/2010/03 ... yo-ravens/ right its a manga(?)

東京レイヴンズ by 鈴見 敦 (Atsushi Suzumi) (or if it is different to あざの 耕平 (Kōhei Azano)) (Ah, I think I understand it now: the LN is by Kohei Azano which is now adapted into Manga by Atsushi Suzumi)

amazon.co.jp

The new issue? http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201005fantasia/

Hm, but its something about a CD? http://ranoben.blog106.fc2.com/blog-entry-458.html

( sometimes I like puzzles ;))
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

If i am not wrong, it should be Drama CD. They plan to release a drama CD.

Story is about Onmyojis, the protagonist being someone who left his family or something, and that the branch family is to become the tsukaima of the main family? But the protagonist cant even see demons/ghosts/oniis, and is pleased with his current life. However, everyone around him wants him to go back to being an onmyoji? not too sure, only read chapter 1 of the manga.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
xkianloongx
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by xkianloongx »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:If i am not wrong, it should be Drama CD. They plan to release a drama CD.

Story is about Onmyojis, the protagonist being someone who left his family or something, and that the branch family is to become the tsukaima of the main family? But the protagonist cant even see demons/ghosts/oniis, and is pleased with his current life. However, everyone around him wants him to go back to being an onmyoji? not too sure, only read chapter 1 of the manga.
may i know do you read chapter 1? didnt notice that there are any translation group doing it... u read the raws?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

xkianloongx wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:If i am not wrong, it should be Drama CD. They plan to release a drama CD.

may i know do you read chapter 1? didnt notice that there are any translation group doing it... u read the raws?
I believe the question is "May I know how did you manage to read chapter 1?", and if that is the question, I read chinese, there was a torrent for it back then, but i havent seen any newer torrents.

I checked the online chinese tranlations, the manga is at least up to chapter 6 by now.

Hmm, author of "Black Blood Brothers" and the manga artist of "Venus Versus Virus"? I sorta dislike online reading of manga, so too bad, haha
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
blady
Astral Realm

Post by blady »

Well somebody started translating manga so u can read it on http://www.mangareader.net/tokyo-ravens
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I heard from another heavyweight LN reader that this is interesting, though my plate is full. but I'll at least try reading it sometime next couple of months. :D
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

あたしのプレートも溢れている。

I read the manga though.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

LOL! now you are reverse-translating English to Japanese literally. :lol:

手一杯 may be more suitable. :D
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Perhaps, I fail at Japanese, so I wouldn't know ;D

But...I haven't been studying it for too long, so I don't feel too bad.

I like languages though. : )
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Finished reading V1. Great story, sometimes a little (surprisingly) sad, especially with the 北斗 part. But not a romantic story (I don't think so). Maybe I should submit a review for this?

EDIT: Also, anyone interested in doing a teaser?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

I hear this is good too....Don't own it myself however....

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:I hear this is good too....Don't own it myself however....
I got with the manga further than with the novels. Fan-translations are slow...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
nobody
Astral Realm

Post by nobody »

I fallowed the Manga for quite a while and i'm waiting all the way for new chapter releases as well as promising news concerning the light novel translation. I really cheer for this series.
Please reply, if you should know about similar Romantic comedy series like Tokyo ravens. Thx
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Tokyo Ravens

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Tokyo Ravens.
Please tell us what you think of it.

(Volume 1 Chapter 1, A Certain Son from the Branch Family, Part 1)
Teh_ping wrote:
Spoiler! :
It was an incident that happened who knew how many years ago.

When the adult relatives gathered for an occasion, Harutora and Natsume would often play with each other.

The playful Harutora would often get hurt, but the princess of the main family, Natsume was very modest and docile. She was scared of meeting strangers, and head few friends. Thus, whenever Harutora came by, her face would turn red with excitement. She would listen to whatever Harutora would say, and would follow him no matter where he went.

The place they often played at were the garden surrounding the mansion.

There was a bamboo forest in this wide garden, a lake, some stone lanterns, some fake hills, moss, little insects, shrines and so on. It was filled with delight and adventure.

But during one time, when they were playing, Natsume was suddenly frightened as she hid behind Harutora. She would give a crying look when they were playing tag or hide and seek, and she would hug Harutora tightly as she said,

I think there’s something,

Looking right at me.

Harutora could not see anything.

At first, he thought that Natsume was being too scared, called her a scaredy-cat, a crybaby, and even told her off.

Just go back to the adults if you’re so scared. I can play on my own.

Because of Harutora, Natsume almost ended up crying. However, she did not do so, but managed to endure, making a smiling face as she continued to play with Harutora.

But when Harutora heard from his parents that Natsume was ‘a child who could see’, he knew he was wrong.

Natsume was not scared, but saw something Harutora did not see.

Sorry.

Natsume’s eyes became round when she saw Harutora lower his head in apology. Harutora continued to insist that it was his fault, and he apologized, saying that it was his fault.

I can’t see anything that scares me, and whatever I can’t see can’t scare me.

Thus, when you’re scared, I’ll definitely protect you, Natsume.

And so, Natsume suddenly mumbled some words to herself, and then gave Harutora an expectant look.

Can you become my shikigami?

At that time, Harutoa did not understand the meaning behind her words. What’s a shikigami? He asked, and Natsume shook her head, saying, I don't know. Granny said that a shikigami would protect me, you will become my shikigami as part of our family’s ‘tradiation’, Harutora, and you will stay by me and protect me.

But Harutora still did not understand.

What is this ‘tradition’?

It’s decided between my family and your family, Harutora.

Is that so? Why didn’t I hear of it?

But it was determined as such.

Natsume answered with a forced tone, feeling like her most valuable incantations were treated like fools, and Harutora felt embarrassed by it. Natsume then showed an insecure look the moment she saw Harutora’s expression.

Will you not…become my shikigami?

Her voice was trembling, and Harutora panicked, thinking, I made her cry again.

However, Natsume was not crying. She was restless, scared, and her eyes looked like they were about to cry, but Harutora saw that those eyes were not wavering. Those eyes looked like they were a lake surface on a mountain in the clouds, showing only the reflection of the skies and space. There was a strong-willed determination in a way Harutora did not know of.

He looked like he was attracted by Natsume’s eyes. It’s fine. He answered.

Okay, I’ll become your shikigami, Natsume. I’ll always stay by you and protect you.

Natsume raised her right hand and extended her little finger. Harutora too reached his right hand out and used his own little finger to hook onto Natsume’s finger.

tr1_011

Natsume started to chant, and looked so serious it was scary. Harutora too followed, and their voices formed a promise.

Once she released her hand, Natsume looked like she won the biggest lottery in life as she showed a radiant smile. Harutora saw that dazzling smile and thought that they finally made up.

But why was I not smiling as brightly as Natsume? His mind was thinking that this was good, but there was a part in his heart where he just could not calm down. It felt like he swallowed a piece of candy that was as large as a fist.

It felt heavy, painful, but he could not spit it out—

It felt very sweet when he licked it.

After that, both of them continued to play in the mansion’s garden like usual. Whenever Natsume looked scared, Harutora would look at the place where there was nothing, swing his fists, yell bravely and pursue the thing only Natsume could see.

No matter what happened, he definitely must not let her get hurt.

—it had been who knew how many years ago.

At that moment, Harutora still did not understand what the ‘future’ meant.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”