BlazBlue

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 232

spesialo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

BlazBlue

Post by spesialo »

A few words about BB, mainly about Calamity Trigger pasted from wikipedia:
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (ブレイブルー カラミティ トリガー Bureiburū: Karamiti Torigā?) is a fighting game developed by Arc System Works. The game's name is a portmanteau of "blaze" and "blue," with the "z" sound omitted in the Japanese pronunciation, rendering it similar to the word "brave" in pronunciation.[10]

A sequel, also next episode featuring new content and characters, titled BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (ブレイブルー コンティニュアム シフト Bureiburū: Kontinyuamu Shifuto?) has also been released for the arcade, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

Before the events of the game, humanity was on the verge of extinction from a creature called the "Black Beast." The world was saved by six heroes who wielded magic. They helped humanity create "Ars Magus", a fusion of magic and science, to defeat the Black Beast. This event would be later known as the First War of Magic.

After the war, the Novus Orbis Librarium (the Library or NOL for short) was created to govern the world with the use of Ars Magus. A great deal of dissent was caused by the Library, partly due to Ars Magus' use in nearly every facet of society, and the widening socioeconomic gap between those who could and couldn't use Ars Magus. This dissent would eventually form years later into the Second War of Magic or also known as the Ikaruga Civil War, when the city of Ikaruga openly rebelled against the NOL. Upon winning the war, the NOL imposed a harsher rule on the world, punishing any rebellion against the NOL with death.

In December A.D. 2199, several years after the Second War of Magic, a branch of the NOL was utterly destroyed by an SS-class rebel named "Ragna" also known as the "Grim Reaper", in an attempt to destroy the Librarium. The NOL, hoping to stop him, immediately announced the largest bounty ever, available to anyone who could capture him. Interestingly, Ragna possesses a powerful form of Ars Magus known as the "Azure Grimoire." This led the NOL, as well as the other fighters, to hunt Ragna not just for his bounty, but also his Azure Grimoire.
And here's the project I'm suggesting:

Now excuse me to post Kokuujin's summary translation before I actually do it myself...
The man posessing the power of the Azure Grimoire and the title of the Grim Reaper, Ragna the Bloodedge. However, when he opened his eyes he was now in a place he didn't know, with both the power of the Azure and his memories lost.
In this unknown world he meets a young girl who can use healing magic, Celica, and a beastkin warrior Mitsuyoshi, and their journey is closely related to the destroyer of humanity, the Black Beast—
To finally make clear the popular fighting game series BlazBlue's history which has been shrouded in mystery, the official story which begins and continues everything, Phase 0, is now here!
So far, there's 6 volumes. The first 5 telling about the Dark War (the story preceding the game) and last one about retelling of Calamity Trigger which is actually from the Wheel of Fortune drama cd.
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImageImageImage
I got all the raws and will be translating them myself (though since English isn't my main language, some sentences might feel weird; a proofreader would be greatly appreaciated).

I'll start to translate from the very beginning of Phase 0 for the sake of chronology.
Now, I know Kokuujin has translated about 3 chapters, but I just prefer to do it from the beginning myself (his blog died btw).

Do note that I'm still practicing my Japanese and you may find some sentences to be similar to Kokuujin's.
Sometimes I didn't have a clue what the sentence meant and I had to look at his translation and learned from it, or when I was lacking some vocabularies, I'd look into his, too. I also asked some to my especially Japanese-fluent friend.
I just hope I'll get better enough to do it alone in times.

I've done the prologue and first chapter. So, may I create the page for it already? :roll:
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: BlazBlue

Post by hayashi_s »

Hi there, welcome to BT. Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=936 on how to start a new project.

You might also want to create an account on the wiki to facilitate posting once you gain approval.
Spoiler! :
btw, I'm zephyr07 from DL. And wow. This is so embarrassing, I didn't realise people actually still followed kokuujin, so I shut it down.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
spesialo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by spesialo »

Whoa. Didn't know the translator is here. I thought Arcsys banhammer got your blog. :oops:

By wiki you meant this one http://www.baka-tsuki.org? Already got one.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
blackwhite67
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blackwhite67 »

You go man!
spesialo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by spesialo »

Maybe people got the wrong idea, so let me just make it clear:
- I'm translating Phase 0 from scratch
- If I'm stuck, I'll consult the available translations from that one Kokuujin blog.
- If I don't know why he translated it that way, I will ask someone else (who is quite fluent, mind you) or search around why he did it.
- Never went 'Nope, I don't understand this. I'll just reword his translation and call it a day.'
- If I find a text which I think his translation is wrong, I'll consult guides or someone else, find out it's wrong, and fix it.

Though I probably still make mistakes here and there, and will be more than happy to be pointed about it.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

one question,whats the name of the main heroine and whats her character?
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
spesialo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by spesialo »

Celica A. Mercury

You can read about her personality here: http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Celica_A._Mercury
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

spesialo wrote:Celica A. Mercury

You can read about her personality here: http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Celica_A._Mercury
thanks...btw,what about the main female lead in ...well,
Mercury is Ragna's foster mom right?..then...then...well....whatever >.< keep up the good work
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
spesialo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by spesialo »

Oh. You meant the heroine in the game, not novel?
It's Noel Vermillion. http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Noel_Vermillion
DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Can anyone tell me the order of this series? Since there are some events where Ragna was dragged back to the past and he was called Bloodegde at that time. Btw I heard that his death is in the past right. Then Is it coincidence that he got reincarnated in the future again? If so then he sure has tragic fate: to born in the future and die in the past, a complete cycle of pain and hatred........
Anyhow Is this series ended? I heard the light novel is finished with 4 vols....
spesialo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by spesialo »

DoomCalibur wrote:Can anyone tell me the order of this series? Since there are some events where Ragna was dragged back to the past and he was called Bloodegde at that time. Btw I heard that his death is in the past right. Then Is it coincidence that he got reincarnated in the future again? If so then he sure has tragic fate: to born in the future and die in the past, a complete cycle of pain and hatred........
Anyhow Is this series ended? I heard the light novel is finished with 4 vols....
Probably spoilers, but:
Spoiler! :
In most timelines of Calamity Trigger (since the history repeats itself before Noel was able to survive in one), Ragna got dragged to the cauldron and sent back to 100 years ago. This is the Ragna as Bloodedge. The game told us that Jubei's friend, Bloodedge, sacrificed himself to hold the Black Beast dormant for a year. Then, a hundred years later, the actual Ragna from the current timeline was born. He'll get sent back to the past again, that is until in a timeline, Noel saved him and broke the cycle.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

spesialo wrote:
DoomCalibur wrote:Can anyone tell me the order of this series? Since there are some events where Ragna was dragged back to the past and he was called Bloodegde at that time. Btw I heard that his death is in the past right. Then Is it coincidence that he got reincarnated in the future again? If so then he sure has tragic fate: to born in the future and die in the past, a complete cycle of pain and hatred........
Probably spoilers, but:
Spoiler! :
In most timelines of Calamity Trigger (since the history repeats itself before Noel was able to survive in one), Ragna got dragged to the cauldron and sent back to 100 years ago. This is the Ragna as Bloodedge. The game told us that Jubei's friend, Bloodedge, sacrificed himself to hold the Black Beast dormant for a year. Then, a hundred years later, the actual Ragna from the current timeline was born. He'll get sent back to the past again, that is until in a timeline, Noel saved him and broke the cycle.
Huh? But according to the wiki, the Black Beast is fusion of Ragna as the body and Noel as the heart right? So how come Noel break free of the circle?Man, I am beat. Can you point the order of the timelines please? Since I dont know what event took place first and what events ended the game?
And btw is there any heroine who fell in love with Ragna?
spesialo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by spesialo »

DoomCalibur wrote: Huh? But according to the wiki, the Black Beast is fusion of Ragna as the body and Noel as the heart right? So how come Noel break free of the circle?Man, I am beat. Can you point the order of the timelines please? Since I dont know what event took place first and what events ended the game?
And btw is there any heroine who fell in love with Ragna?
Spoiler! :
The Black Beast was the fusion of Ragna and Nu. Though in some CT ends, it was Noel who merge with him (since she's also a Murakumo unit) but it's canonically Nu. Ragna broke from the fusion later and ended up 100 years ago in the past, so the current Black Beast only consisted of Nu (though I haven't read Phase Shift 4 so I'm not totally sure). Noel being able to survive was one possibility of all the timelines as she died in all others. Her existence pretty much changed the major situations compared to other timelines, such as: she became Jin's lieutenant instead of Tsubaki, indirectly caused Hakumen strong enough to resist Kokonoe's warp, and rescued Ragna from merging with Nu.

The timeline in short is: Black Beast war -> 100 years later -> the current games' time. It just gets more complex because a few characters got sent to the past (Ragna, Jin, Nu). Hence why Ragna in Phase 0 remembered that the Black Beast was already defeated.

One heroine that can be said fall in love with Ragna, although she hasn't realized it, is Rachel Alucard.
Azyrion

Post by Azyrion »

Never played the game but seems interesting just one question: Why is this project nowhere to be found in any list? Neither as teaser nor pending project can it be found only the link here in this thread ca lead to the wiki page.

Return to “English”