Absolute Duo

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Absolute Duo?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 586

npeace
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Absolute Duo

Post by npeace »

Thank you nutty for the new chappy. :D :D :D 8) :D :D :D
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

yea almost done volume w00t! go nutty!

edit: Oh right epilogue as well...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

RikiNutcase wrote:Changed. Hopefully it works now.
Ah, good work! - I would think its better now or?

I thought also about this phrase for a while, but the versions I had in my head couldnt grasp it better either.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by RikiNutcase »

The original text is vague too. At least i have help on my side now Xd
kizrock94
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

Thanks for translating vol 4
Hello................Bye
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

kizrock94 wrote:Thanks for translating vol 4
No problem. I'll be moving to a next volume for now.
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

I'll start editing volume 4 after my English lessons on Friday.

Edit: I'll continue editing "little by little, part after part" between my tests in university.
Link to my user on B-T
npeace
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by npeace »

Thanks nutty for completing vol. 4. :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nameless angel
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Nameless angel »

Thank you Riki because you already translate Absolute Duo Volume 4.

I am just curios with this but before I read Volume 4 Julie name was Yurie and Lilith was Lealith. Why that name already change become that?
I suppose I shouldn't expect reader to understand translator and editor hard work to translate this light novel. So I hope you can appreciate our hard work
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

Nameless angel wrote:Thank you Riki because you already translate Absolute Duo Volume 4.

I am just curios with this but before I read Volume 4 Julie name was Yurie and Lilith was Lealith. Why that name already change become that?
The (author?) released their names in english. so i followed that.
Kumoyami
Astral Realm

Post by Kumoyami »

Has anyone made a epub or mobi of volume 4 yet?
DragonKing0117
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DragonKing0117 »

Just like to point out some of the official English spellings of the character names as shown on the Japanese site here: http://absoluteduo.com/chara.html
Comparison for on baka-tsuki here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Guidelines
*Note: BT character sheet has Japanese names as Last/First while foreign names are First/Last.

Names are posted First name then Last name. Bolded names are significant changes.
Tooru Kokonoe = Tor Kokonoe
Julie=Sigtuna = Julie Sigtuna
Miyabi Hotaka remained the same
Tomoe Tachibana remained the same
Lilith=Bristol is Lilith Bristol (I don't know why a bunch of translators keep the =... :?:)
Tsukumo Sakuya = Sakuya Tsukumo (It seems we got the name order wrong...)
Rito Tsukimi remains the same
Imari Nagakura remains the same
Tora remains the same
Tatsu = Tatu (I had to check the novels themselves to get the guys name here, since it's not on the character page)
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

DragonKing0117 wrote:Just like to point out some of the official English spellings of the character names as shown on the Japanese site here: http://absoluteduo.com/chara.html
Comparison for on baka-tsuki here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Guidelines
*Note: BT character sheet has Japanese names as Last/First while foreign names are First/Last.

Names are posted First name then Last name. Bolded names are significant changes.
Lilith=Bristol is Lilith Bristol (I don't know why a bunch of translators keep the =... :?:)
Tora remains the same
Tatsu = Tatu (I had to check the novels themselves to get the guys name here, since it's not on the character page)
I will follow my way. The english version might be the correct one but you won't know how to pronounce the name. Tor and Tooru is a big difference. Sakuya Tsukumo is in English while Tsukumo Sakuya is in Japanese, so i'll go with the japanese one. Japanese can't say the word tu ti so there is a problem there in the wording and like tooru, Tatu and Tatsu sounds completely different. I kept the "=" because it was in the novel anyways.
DragonKing0117
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DragonKing0117 »

RikiNutcase wrote:
DragonKing0117 wrote:Just like to point out some of the official English spellings of the character names as shown on the Japanese site here: http://absoluteduo.com/chara.html

Tora remains the same
I will follow my way. The english version might be the correct one but you won't know how to pronounce the name. Tor and Tooru is a big difference. Sakuya Tsukumo is in English while Tsukumo Sakuya is in Japanese, so i'll go with the japanese one. Japanese can't say the word tu ti so there is a problem there in the wording and like tooru, Tatu and Tatsu sounds completely different. I kept the "=" because it was in the novel anyways.
I can understand the Tor and Tooru thing since with a japanese accent, both can basically sound the same. Sakuya Tsukumo was posted English format on the guidelines which is probably why I was confused. As for the equal sign, if it's in the actual novel, I can't really complain about it being translated that way. It's just annoying for me cause I always end up reading Lilith=Bristol as Lilith Equals Bristol. Image
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

The double hyphen (ダブルハイフン daburu haifun), which looks like two parallel lines, is sometimes used in Japanese to replace English dashes or hyphens when writing words in katakana to avoid confusion with the prolonged sign mark. It is also used for separating multiple foreign names, although the dot is more commonly used.

It is NOT an equal sign.

In western usage, it is usually angled as ⸗, precisely to avoid confusion with the equal symbol. But no, if you're trying to render things in English, there's no point in preserving foreign punctuation when your target is English.

Return to “English”