Absolute Duo

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Absolute Duo?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 586

Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Absolute Duo

Post by Kemm »

Checked the official names. The thing about Sakuya is not such. All of the names written in romaji follow the western standard of [given name] [surname], but inside the proper data sheet her name appears written in kanji and hiragana in the japanese order (99 first night -> Tsukumo Sakuya). The "Tor" thing stands for "Thor" (Tor is one of the alternate spellings in several languages), so it's just to keep the symbolism, and "Tatu" is the usual romanization in japanese standard for japanese name written in kana, but that's contraindicated when rendering it in other languages (a different standard must be followed and the "s" must be added, so "Tatsu").

zzhk has already talked about the double hyphens, and I'll only add that you can see how they keep those double hyphens on the sheets with the katakana form but remove them when in romaji. Keep in mind that there are no interword spaces in japanese script, so they need something else to mark the word separation; it's usually an interpunct, but recently double hyphens are on the rise, and sometimes mood marks like stars or hearts fill the role.
kizrock94
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

Any updates for this?
Hello................Bye
tfate
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tfate »

Did the Translator drop this? i really want to read more though :(
Rwings
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rwings »

Looks like Prologue and Chapter 1 for the 5th Volume was updated this week.
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

Does the prologue hint that Julie had Lucifer even before entering the school? Does that mean that Lucifer can be inherited?
RikiNutcase
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by RikiNutcase »

Kemm wrote:Does the prologue hint that Julie had Lucifer even before entering the school? Does that mean that Lucifer can be inherited?
Or she gained the Lucifer before going into school...who knows...
tfate
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tfate »

Thanks for the update also what chapter did the Anime end and also did they follow the LN perfectly? If not mind telling me the differences?
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

The anime ended at about half of volume 5's chapter 3 and merged novels 3 and 4. Among the differences, the old guy was killed by a subordinate of one of the other members of Rein, not K, Hotaka was not kidnapped at the island, but came back and was contacted by the old guy and given the armor while still attending to school (also, she was freed from the armor before the conference, which didn't happen at the school) and there were casualties at the seaside school due to the attack.
tfate
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tfate »

Thank you i guess i'll just begin from vol 1 it's hard to imagine how they fit 5 volume into a 12 episode anime they must have cut a lot of scenes or information

Does anyone have the pdf of the volumes? Again many thanks to the translator
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

tfate wrote:Thank you i guess i'll just begin from vol 1 it's hard to imagine how they fit 5 volume into a 12 episode anime they must have cut a lot of scenes or information
Pretty brutally usually. Same thing happened with Campione. I vaguely recall there was another series recently that squished 6+ volumes into 12 episodes; that was a complete mess. :(
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
goldendrakness
Astral Realm

Post by goldendrakness »

I saw in your profile saying that you will drop this series because it is becoming boring.Can you tell me how boring it becomes because i´ve just read the first 2 volumes and i find it interesting?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

goldendrakness wrote:I saw in your profile saying that you will drop this series because it is becoming boring.Can you tell me how boring it becomes because i´ve just read the first 2 volumes and i find it interesting?
Those two are relatively fine. The last volume or so I've just found is getting repetitive, and the series as a whole is suffering pretty severe power creep; worse then the usual shounen-jump style of combat manga. I can kinda understand it would get a little dull translating this stuff after a while. :(
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
tfate
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tfate »

Just finished catching up to the latest chapter man what a fun ride
Thank you for your translations i barely noticed grammar mistakes
Thanks hope you'll find your motivation sir
tfate
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tfate »

Thanks for the up! Man, i saw a lot of differences between the LN and anime i couldn't agree more that the the LN is far way better than the anime,
abeasle1993
Astral Realm

Post by abeasle1993 »

Does anyone know if "Riki" is going to pick his series back up when Noucome is finished or is it dropped for good?

Return to “English”