Log Horizon

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Log Horizon?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 843

Rena
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン):General

Post by Rena »

Hello

Chapter 5 complete. :O Thx for this.
The only important chapter to translate now is the Interlude.

btw: Can someone translate the title of volume 7? :O Google is not very helpfull and other programms give other translations. Oo

Google says: Golden Kyonie
Microsoft says: Golden child sacrifice
Babylon says: Gold of 供贄

Ah and has someone a summary/synopsis from Volume 6/7? :D

So long!
Rena
"In this high pressure situation, he was the one who didn't fall back... the only person who stood up and faught." - Farneze
ddadain
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ddadain »

KuroiHikari wrote:
ddadain wrote:If I wasn't bogged down with working on Chapter 4, I'd make shortwork of Volume 1... but good luck with that. It needs major work.
I wouldn't say that =/
From a TLC stand point at least.

Not sure who "released" V5C5 because it hasn't been vetted yet (or proofread as well)... Only parts 1 & 2 are done fully complete from TLC to proofreading. Chapter 3 is currently at 20% TLC. Chapters 4 & 5 have not received any significant proofreading or TLCing (at least not to my knowledge, since I'm the one mainly doing the TLC + Edits)... supposedly, only the English in red are ready for release...

._. It's like it prematurely launched, without our consent or knowledge... I honestly don't know how to feel about this.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I've done a few pages of TLC in volume 1
ddadain
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ddadain »

KuroiHikari wrote:I've done a few pages of TLC in volume 1
The comment was given on December 22, a few hours after the "release" of the whole of volume 1 (chapters 4-5 if I'm not mistaken) on BT with a lot of things still needing work. So yeah, during that time, it needed work (dunno about now though). I'm more of a "release it when it's good and done" type of person so I don't like it when stuff gets "released" without it being ready to be released (in my "what's ready to be released" opinion).

In any case, wasn't disparaging your skills or work.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I was quoting
ddadain wrote:...I'd make shortwork of Volume 1...
when I said
KuroiHikari wrote:I wouldn't say that =/
As for the recent volume stuff, I've raise this up to http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... iTTleDRAgo

But I've no clue about the whole thing
LiTTleDRAgo
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by LiTTleDRAgo »

12braian is the one who added V5C4 (from [link removed upon licensing]) & 60% V5C5 (from [link removed upon licensing]) into the wiki, I added the remaining 40% when I saw V5C5 is completed.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... on=history
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... on=history

I didn't checked whether those chapters are ready to be released or not. Sorry about that, should I delete that chapter until you're done editing your stuff?
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

Rena wrote: btw: Can someone translate the title of volume 7? :O Google is not very helpfull and other programms give other translations. Oo
I have no formal knowledge of Japanese so take this with a grain of salt.

The title is 供贄の黄金

黄金 is gold.

贄 refers either to a sacrificial offering to a god or offerings of food to an emperor, or a gift (source: dictionary.goo.ne.jp). There are a few 贄- compounds with related meanings.
供 is meant to be compounded, with meanings tending towards 'sacrificial offering to Buddha and/or Shinto gods'; or more 'helpful offering' like offering a hand, aid, supplies, etc.

Having been spoilered a little bit as to what's going to happen in the next two books, and looking at the summary on amazon.co.jp, I would go with 'Sacrificial Gold' as the overall meaning (i.e. Gold designated as an offering or as a sacrifice), but as a title something a bit more flowery might be called for.

Re: Volume 1 and Volume 5 translations: Whose job is it to bring over skythewood's translations over and are they supposed to come over first as-is or after an editing pass? Volume 1 chapters pretty much went up within a day (presumably without edits) of content being put on pastebin.
12braian
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 12braian »

Oh D:
I sorry, I just add what was already so all know that was translating that chapter. I really love this series, so I'm desperate to catch up.
PD: Sorry for my bad grammar...
Last edited by 12braian on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Huh? :?

What did you try to say?

If you mean you did it so that we know that the chapter is worked on, then you did use a really strange way to do it. A way that wont give you any gratitude should you become the reason that the translation would be discontinued because of your deed.

Also it is only ok to add translations of others to the wiki, when you have the permission of the translator. It doesnt seem as if you had. :evil:

I hope that there wouldnt arise any problems because of that.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

It's still the same translator as before? It's on skythewood's pastebin, only for whatever reason the recent translations were backdated to November 27.

Well, given that nearly all the chapters are attributed to him, there shouldn't be any issues arising from this.
12braian
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 12braian »

I only add the chapter from the skythewood pastebin, I thought it was already done... my bad, I know. I don't add more from now,I'll wait until you posting.
I hope you haven't canceled the translation for my fault :| if canceled, I could translate it from Japanese, but can be slow because my first language is Spanish and I'm not very good with the grammar of English...
shido
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

We are having an influx of people editing and contributing with the wiki pages. Your best bet is to let the project supervisor know you're interested. That way LiTTleDRAgo can give you the know on how to do things when it comes to adding it on the wiki. I know some of the editors will make their edits first in word before actually loading it on the wiki, and skythewood has at one time had missing paragraphs when he was transferring his translations to the pastebin.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Sorry if this has been mentioned. One question, did you guys get the permission of skythewood before copying-pasting his translations to baka-tsuki? If not, they will be deleted until he has given official approval. You must also get his explicit permission to edit his translations. Period. The only exception is if he's the one who copy-pasted everything himself.
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

Everything seemed to have passed muster back in October when the project kicked off. The prologue of Volume one that got translated was nowhere near enough to make this a valid project in an of itself. Most of the discussion starts on page 2 of this thread. I also seem to recall seeing a post that he couldn't check BT because he was IP-banned, but don't quote me on that.

[link removed upon licensing]

are the two 4chan translation threads that were active at the time the BT Log Horizon page kicked off. The opening post mentions that "you are free to edit or share this 'fansub' as you wish".

These Volume 3 threads directly links to BT. I'd say that even if permission was not directly given, it's at least implicitly given.

Most recent one I found that still linked to BT was for Volume 4, Chapter 3.

Still, easiest way to resolve this might just be to get someone to send him a tweet.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

what's his IP? (PM me, don't post here)

Return to “Abandoned”