Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari [Light Novel]

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Want to see Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari translated?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Not Sure
No votes

Total votes: 485

jmoxor
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Mushoku Tensei

Re: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari [Light Novel]

Post by jmoxor »

Given that the web novel differs considerably from the published novel, is there a possibility of keeping the web novel even if the English translation has been licensed?
Lazka
Astral Realm

Post by Lazka »

jmoxor wrote:Given that the web novel differs considerably from the published novel, is there a possibility of keeping the web novel even if the English translation has been licensed?
yea just continue this post...
can someone explain why the WN aka the Free one u can get in the author website get abandoned cause licensed?
ok i can understand if the novel translate source is LN but no isnt?
but seriously? getting abandoned cause LN licensed and the LN and WN is quite different...
can some explain this?
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

Stop all that poking crying. You license title. Book (and manga) of "Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari" is now licensed.

Matter of existing web version is all about authors and publishers deal. Reki (SAO) deleted his online version, same as Satou Tsutomu (Mahouka) and Mamare (Log Horizon) is just posting new chapters and take it down when they're published.

Yes, this is translated from web novel and it sometimes different from published volumes, but same thing is with all web novels. Take SAO as example. There were many changes, as Reki wrote in afterword of some volume he rewrote whole 5th volume. In Alizication arc there are even more changes and some volume is like 90% of new material. And damn, even in 1st volume it was Asuna that killed Kuradeel in web version, not Kirito.

You guys didn't translated this. You didn't edited this or helped translators in any other way. If someone have right to complain, it's people who worked on delivering us this translations. You just want to read this book for free and give a shit if Japan will kill this page like they did with Animetake. poke, you should be happy that in is coming to the west. I want to read a lot of licensed books, but don't have even half of money to import all of them here - they cost 3x more than LN that we have here. So stop a poking complain.
Wyrtt
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wyrtt »

Iwould be less anoyed if i could buy thos books.
Retailer and localisator stuck in 19 centuary. Why i should buy books as fast as i can before they go out of print, wait till they cross the ocean and etc? Why not sell online versions?
I dont even know where they sell those books, Yen press website is a mess.
Vergilx69
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Overlord, Psycome , DxD , Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance , Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Oregairu ,Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Oreshura , Accel World , SAO , No Game No Life , HakoMari, Outbreak Company , Cross X Regalia, Date A Live, Shinmai Maou No Keiyakusha, Black Bullet, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, The Zashiki Warashi of the Intellectual Village, Fate Apocrypha, Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai, Maou na Ore to Fushihime no Yubiwa, Mahouka Koukou, Problem Children, Seitokai no Ichizon, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, OreDorei, C3, Campione, Owaranai Neko, GJ-BU, Infinite Stratos,Oredorei, Absolute Duo.

Post by Vergilx69 »

While I agree with Sacredus in the fact that no one but the team who work on this have the right to complain, In my case I'm happy cause we can read the LN version, also I've already bought on Amazon Volumes of Accel World, Sword Art, Spice & Wolf, etc, all from Yen Press, heck even all the Volumes from HOTD and Triage X manga, but it's also a little vexing this has to be taken down, in first place, the ending is almost near, second, just by watching the novel's cover's we can clearly see that the story is nothing or at least almost nothing like the web version.
I think everyone in here want to read this ending at least once.....sigh~
At the end, is up to baka tsuki and translator's to decide what to do, hopefully we can make a little exception or well, i don't know.... :(
"Might controls everything - and without strength, you cannot protect anything; let alone yourself."--Vergil
"Though a fight every now and then does make life a little more interesting, don't ya think?"--Dante
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

It's like unlimited blade works and fate route
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
tornberry
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tornberry »

not sure how licensing between web novel and light novel works, but funny that the original japanese web novel one havn't even get deleted yet the fan-translated ones (which is using web novel version to translate) gets deleted

well thanks until now for the translators if they stop translating because of this (not sure why yorai-kun ones get listed in preview though, his translation isnt that bad after i checked the japanese site ones). Guess i'll just read the japanese ver (assuming it doesnt get deleted) if that happens, reading slower is way better than not knowing the continuation of this amazing work
TlclT
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TlclT »

BT is becoming worste and worste with these shits. Soon, they'll stop translating LN that have the Manga version officially translated. Or they'll stop translating popular LN cause it could be officially translated someday...

But seriously, wtf? The WN is still on the author website, even if there's some volume out. So in Japan, where it's currently officially published, they let the WN go, but on BT, some info said that some volume could probably maybe come out some time far in the futur and everything need to be stoped? And durring this time, plenty of liscenced manga are being translated without bothering...
japzone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by japzone »

Well, a few of the external translators not affiliated with BT said they are continuing the WN, so I won't worry. Don't care personally if the earlier chapters get taken down as I've already read them and simply want to be able to keep reading the newer chapters. It sucks for newbies, but they just have to wait a few months and then get to start off with the official LN and follow it from there. In a way I consider them kinda lucky to be able to follow it fresh and not agony over the "catch-up" process. I however have already sunk time in reading 300+ chapters of the WN, and having to throw that just because the LN was licensed would suck. That's the main issue I have when WNs/LNs get licensed as often the Fan Translations are already many volumes in and it'd take forever for the official release to catch up, especially with YP's stupidly slow release pace. Overall, so far I think TnY fans are in a much better situation than fans of series like Mahouka.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Does anyone know if there is a detailed comparison of the light novel volumes to the web novel, giving similarities and differences volume by volume?

I've heard there are new characters and some diverging story lines, but I haven't been able to find any first hand details on the similarities and differences. And some of the comparison I've seen have been based on matching the chapter titles between the LN and WN; I'm looking for details from someone who has ideally actually read both.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheCatWalk »

Sacredus wrote:Stop all that poking crying. You license title. Book (and manga) of "Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari" is now licensed.

Matter of existing web version is all about authors and publishers deal. Reki (SAO) deleted his online version, same as Satou Tsutomu (Mahouka) and Mamare (Log Horizon) is just posting new chapters and take it down when they're published.

Yes, this is translated from web novel and it sometimes different from published volumes, but same thing is with all web novels. Take SAO as example. There were many changes, as Reki wrote in afterword of some volume he rewrote whole 5th volume. In Alizication arc there are even more changes and some volume is like 90% of new material. And damn, even in 1st volume it was Asuna that killed Kuradeel in web version, not Kirito.

You guys didn't translated this. You didn't edited this or helped translators in any other way. If someone have right to complain, it's people who worked on delivering us this translations. You just want to read this book for free and give a shit if Japan will kill this page like they did with Animetake. poke, you should be happy that in is coming to the west. I want to read a lot of licensed books, but don't have even half of money to import all of them here - they cost 3x more than LN that we have here. So stop a poking complain.
in that case dxd would've been removed even though the manga got licenced. But that didnt happen cuz in fact. The ln wasnt licensed.
And same here. The wn is different from the ln not only in content but also as a book(the wn not being a book in the first place.it is a publicly destributable web content unless the author says otherwise) so I see no reason to remove this tl as it isnt the tl of the official book but the wn which can be legally found online without any costs.
Of course that all depends on the high up guys if they wanna remove it or not..idk.......just giving my opinion nyaa
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
John34404
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Post by John34404 »

TheCatWalk wrote:
Sacredus wrote:Stop all that poking crying. You license title. Book (and manga) of "Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari" is now licensed.

in that case dxd would've been removed even though the manga got licenced. But that didnt happen cuz in fact. The ln wasnt licensed.
And same here. The wn is different from the ln not only in content but also as a book(the wn not being a book in the first place.it is a publicly destributable web content unless the author says otherwise) so I see no reason to remove this tl as it isnt the tl of the official book but the wn which can be legally found online without any costs.
Of course that all depends on the high up guys if they wanna remove it or not..idk.......just giving my opinion nyaa
I am of the same mindset and I would like to know why it is being removed from the site.
I am John34404.
DarkeKyuubi
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: So many but here's a few: Gekkou, Toradora, Cube x Cursed x Curious

Post by DarkeKyuubi »

My opinion is that it's a matter of caution. BT wouldn't want to get hit with some stupid copy-right stuff and then get shut down. So it's safer to just remove the work when the LN has been licensed. I would rather BT be safe than have the whole site taken down and not be able to read anything. I agree that it really sucks that popular series get licensed and we can't finish them but there will always be other LN's atleast.
IrishKevin
Astral Realm

Post by IrishKevin »

Sorry for the silly question but who bought the licence and would you happen to know the title of the first book as all i can fine is what I assume is the manga version which is getting released in 4 months The Rising of the Shield Hero Volume 01: The Manga Companion
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

IrishKevin wrote:Sorry for the silly question but who bought the licence and would you happen to know the title of the first book as all i can fine is what I assume is the manga version which is getting released in 4 months The Rising of the Shield Hero Volume 01: The Manga Companion
Manga 1: http://www.amazon.com/Rising-Shield-Her ... 935548700/

Novel 1: http://www.amazon.com/Rising-Shield-Her ... 935548727/
Novel 2: http://www.amazon.com/Rising-Shield-Her ... 935548786/

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”