Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Maala
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Post by Maala »

DisavateraMX wrote:It's just one of them things where you need to put reality aside and just enjoy the awesome. 8)

I'm not even a chemist, and I was just like lolling off my chair laughing like an idiot at how little sense that made.

Anyway, more spoiler off-topic XCOM. Shhh, the Commanders are talking! :P
Spoiler! :
Switched to Brutal Ironman - Aiming Angles, Commander's Choice, Total Loss, Results Driven, Liberators, Absolutely Critical, Red Fog - and boy is it bad for my heart.

I'm currently building my first set of Gauss weaponry, sponsored courtesy of a landed Harvester and a landed Abductor, which the aliens were kind enough to land at moments when my A-Team was ready and EXALT wasn't being a bother. Alien Research is seriously gay as shit on Brutal though, you have 9 HP floaters, 14HP Mutons and 13HP Outsiders with pretty decent cover/non-cover DR in June as pod leaders - and these aren't even the actual Navigator/Leader types. 20 15 HP Zombies every Terror Mission, 2 Terror Missions every month, literally No Mercy Gaming. I've just given up on the civs in Terror Missions - I just do them for the EXP now and exploit poor zombie speed for kite-and-farming. I've essentially lost South America and I think given the way things are going I will probably start losing Asia or Africa next. On the good side though the hectic schedule has led to the formation of a pretty big cadre of soldiers (between 6 and 8 of every class) and a wide A-Team pool (1-2 each) so on the tactical front it's really rare that I would get caught with my pants down for any given mission.

I got halfway through the 2nd month transport landing, but evac'd like a madman after the Outsider Captain called down a floater pod, a chrys pod AND a cyberdisc pod on my ass. I don't think that's meant to be particularly possible on Brutal or Impossible Ironman - there's just way too much HP and pod-size on them (5 each) to take on with only basic ballistics. Also, the 'skip Pulse' strat is definitely a thing: I get the feeling Plasma progress would be slowed like mad if you actually try to get any decent amount of pulse. At all. It happened in my Classic run, and was the main reason for a lot of mid-game struggles. I won that one though with some breath left to spare. Shredder and lucky crits on the Uber-Ethereal do some serious work!
Don't worry, I wasn't complaining. And oh god, I am constantly grinning and laughing while reading the chapters since Ikki started his fight (basically since Volume 5). I just really like this "ermygad s/he pulled this, how will s/he counter it?" feeling. :D

May I ask if you have read the LN already, or reading it just before translating? Just out of curiousity.

XCOM blabber in spoiler.
Spoiler! :
Yes, XCOM is definitely bad for ones heart! I just recently switched to Xenoblade Chronicles X for that reason this week. :D

It must have been an unlucky pod activating, Commander pods like that Outsider one will call everyone on you, sadly. It can be done if you kill the pods one by one (and this IS the most important rule in Brutal/Impossible anyways), OR you may want to evacuate after you see the commander pod consisting 6 Outsiders. :D You know what they say, information is everything, you better take 2x Motion sensors, and battle scanners if possible with you. Why do you say its too early in the game to do that? Shhh...

Dont worry, you will be acing tactical after getting the plasma upgrades, and after clearing the ayeee bases in sept-dec first year, aliens wont be a problem anymore. You will get so much resources you wont even know what to do with them (I'm lying, Plasma will take it all :D) But Brutal/Impossible gameplay consists (I think intentionally) a lot of "farming resources" part, so better prepare yourself! (As in, you will eventually need Pulse for Blaster Launcher :D)
Sutatekken
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sutatekken »

endarion88 wrote:anyone can upload vol5 as pdf please?
Here a head up its Vary LQ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5AKf2 ... sp=sharing
Linkmstr
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Linkmstr »

I would like to give thanks for the amazing translations! Good luck with volume 6!
nahucirujano
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nahucirujano »

Thanks for the lastest updates ;)

By the way, until Volume 4 Raisen Hiraga was nicknamed "Pierrot", but from Volume 5 and on, it's "Puppeteer".
This second nickname is more accurate? Or as it usually happens in Japanese, it depend on the way one read the kanji?
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

I don't currently have access to volumes five and beyond, but in volumes three and four, the term associated with Hiraga is 道化師 ("clown") occasionally with the furigana ピエロ ("Pierrot"). Until I read the newer volumes, I defer to DisavateraMX on this matter there.
DisavateraMX
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DisavateraMX »

I'm honored that you would defer to me on anything, KLSymph, but unfortunately this is an example of what happens when I decide to follow a previous example as policy, but end up not checking the whole sample size and end up blindly following someone who didn't actually lead me wrong (I just checked wrong and then auto-piloted because I was distracted with games and then school)...

...only to realize the mistake three weeks or so later, when I have become way too lazy to fix all the mistaken instances before finishing the chapter.

He is indeed called Pierrot for the most part before getting not-so-ninja-name-switched midway through Chapter 1. I'm really sorry about that, everyone.
AsdrubaelVect
Astral Realm

Post by AsdrubaelVect »

Sorta sad I blasted through this by reading it in all my free time on my phone. Was just finishing ch1 of vol 6 and when I hit the next chapter button, I was greeted to a blank screen. Wasnt that depressed since I
Spoiler! :
played Chaos Space Marines against CWE jetbikes. Or tried playing Chaos Space Marines in general.
but ill somehow manage. Thanks for the translations, ive been loving the series so far :D
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

DisavateraMX wrote:I'm honored that you would defer to me on anything, KLSymph, but unfortunately this is an example of what happens when I decide to follow a previous example as policy, but end up not checking the whole sample size and end up blindly following someone who didn't actually lead me wrong...
Don't feel too bad about it. I myself romanized Oreki's name 有里 as "Yuri" for three volumes because that was how TheCatWalk originally wrote it (possibly because that's what the volume four character profile, which we both had at the time, anglicized it as), and I didn't realize it was supposed to be "Yuuri" during all of my proofreading and editing until we actually got to chapter four despite furigana in the source saying so multiple times. I don't remember if I noticed it because I was cross-checking Alice's friend Yuuri or because I saw how the anime fansubbers did it, but that was such a headdesk moment.

I'll fix the puppeteer/pierrot thing when I steamroll over the volume during heavy proofreading. Whenever I get to that, anyway. Still haven't even finished volume one yet.
Janime6
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Janime6 »

Maala
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Maala »

Sends message to the past: Cmon Author, stop teasing us, and tell us Amane's goddamned ability. :D

(As usual, thx for the regular updates, DisavateraMX!)
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Somewhat related to Rakudai Kishi, I've been doing a thing over the last few months: building a Japanese text translation web application. DisavateraMX, could you try this out and give me your thoughts?
izik1
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by izik1 »

Maala wrote:Sends message to the past: Cmon Author, stop teasing us, and tell us Amane's goddamned ability. :D
well Maala, the author does XD. Light Novel 6 spoils!
Spoiler! :
his ability is basically infinite luck, he wishes for something to happen and it will. although as far as we know (wonderful translators still hard at work!) he can only vaguely wish for things E.X meet Ikki in a dramatic way, or not have to fight a battle to win it.
cool ability huh?
izik1
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by izik1 »

Attempts to fill DisavateraMX with Determination
Maala
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Maala »

Let's guess, who is at the door.

My guess is Shizuku. :D I know she feels the lewd in Ikki. :P
Jason_Wander
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, Monogatari, High School DxD, Rise of the Shield Hero

Post by Jason_Wander »

My guess is Shizuku. :D I know she feels the lewd in Ikki. :P

I am guessing it's Sara, since the illustrations show her hugging Ikki with Stella glaring 10 pages later

Return to “English”