Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Post by AP24 »

^You made a mistake, Sara is a 1st year.

Frozen has finished Vol 7 and will do Vol 8. I noticed "Baltic Crisis" is a mistranslation of 大掃除 in Ch10, when it should be "Great Cleanup".
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

AP24 wrote:^You made a mistake, Sara is a 1st year.
Oops, I copied the previous forum coding as template and missed changing this part. Thanks for catching it.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Volume 8 intermission and chapter 11 have been translated and are on Frozen's Lazy Blog. Volume 7's editing continues at glacial pace.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Volume 8 Character Profiles wrote:

HAGUN ACADEMY WALL NEWSPAPER
Character Topics ___ Writer • Kagami Kusakabe

Momiji Asagi

■ PROFILE
Affiliation: Bukyoku Academy, Year Three
Blazer Rank: C
Noble Art: Guren Kenkyoku
Nickname: Demon Flame
Personal Summary: Last year's Sword-Art Festival third place

Attribute chart (starting at far left, going clockwise)
Physical Ability: C
Luck: D
Offensive Power: C
Defensive Power: E
Magic Capacity: D
Magic Control: B

Kagamin Check!
An orthrodox fire-user, and a student knight trained under the God of War just like our student council president "Raikiri" Touka Toudou. She boasts a Trackless Step with greater precision than Raikiri's, and prefers using it to get inside an opponent's guard and then dealing out attacks wreathed in flame. By the way, she seems to seriously train in attaching fire to her opponents, and once her flame ignites, it winds around an enemy's body like a snake.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

KLSymph wrote:

Momiji Asagi

■ PROFILE
Affiliation: Bukyoku Academy, Year Three
Noble Art: Kouren Kenkyoku
Nickname: Demon Flame
Personal Summary: Last year's Sword-Art Festival third place

Physical Ability: C
Luck: D
Offensive Power: C
Defensive Power: E

Kagamin Check!
An orthrodox fire-user, and a student knight trained under the God of War just like our student council president "Raikiri" Touka Toudou. She boasts a Trackless Step with greater precision than Raikiri's, and prefers using it to get inside an opponent's guard and then dealing out attacks wreathed in flame. By the way, she seems to seriously train in attaching fire to her opponents, and once her flame ignites, it winds around an enemy's body like a snake.
Isn't 紅蓮蜷局 supposed to be read as "Guren Toguro (crimson coil)"?
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Toguro is a kun-reading, and mixing kun- with on-reading like guren is inconsistent with how the rest of the series names the techniques. I did discuss this with Frozen's Lazy Blog's translator back when we were looking at it and we agreed that it is unlikely to be correct. Of course, if an official pronunciation or furigana comes along, then I'll change it.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

KLSymph wrote:
Toguro is a kun-reading, and mixing kun- with on-reading like guren is inconsistent with how the rest of the series names the techniques. I did discuss this with Frozen's Lazy Blog's translator back when we were looking at it and we agreed that it is unlikely to be correct. Of course, if an official pronunciation or furigana comes along, then I'll change it.
But wouldn't the first word being 'Guren' better? It means crimson and so it suits better in the name of a fire technique.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

You are indeed right. I think I was distracted by the naming convention issue and overcompensated by reading the kanji all individually instead of by term. I've edited the profile.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

Translation of Vol 8's next chapter is almost done so I'm guessing the next character profile will be released soon. Also, how is Vol 7's editing and are you still planning on translating Vol 0?

The manga's final chapter raw was just released and it ended at LN Vol 4. I wish the manga could have continued into the Seven Stars tournament arc.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Also, how is Vol 7's editing
Volume seven and volume eight's edits will be posted together.
and are you still planning on translating Vol 0?
Since no one else is going for it, I am still willing to do so. In fact, I've already translated a few pages back in (checks filedate) June.

...You know what, here's to thank you for the translation corrections.
Volume zero introduction wrote:
Spoiler! :
= Introduction =

"Hello readers! I'm Kagami Kusakabe, investigative reporter for the Hagun Academy Newspaper club!"

"...And her friend, Nagi Arisuin here."

"Thanks for always reading the Hagun Academy wall newspaper! Today's issue is a special edition. I thought we would introduce you to episodes at our academy which we haven't had time for in the regular publications."

"...Hey, Kagamin. I was wondering, why did you recruit me for this when I'm not part of the newspaper club?"

"Because I don't have the usual assistants."

"But…"

"Ahh, it hurts… when I remember how Alice-chan stabbed me in the back, it hurts so much~"

"O-Okay! I'll help, I'll help! Right!"

"Hohoho. It's good to be agreeable, right? Now then, since we're not going to start our usual comedy routine together, let's get going with the first episode without delay. Starting us off… is at the first round of the Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival representative selection battle. The Worst One, who was still a nameless held-back student, had just defeated the Hunter, who was a prominent contender for representative status."

"That's quite a while in the past, isn't it?"

"How nostalgic… starting from that match, Senpai began advancing steadily. A somewhat strange episode where the Worst One's strength became well known in the academy little by little. Anyway, please enjoy~♪"

= Chapter 1: The Princess's Hentai Experience =
The manga's final chapter raw was just released and it ended at LN Vol 4. I wish the manga could have continued into the Seven Stars tournament arc.
I'm kind of surprised they went into volume four, to be honest.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

^Thanks for the first few pages of Vol 0. Frozen already said they won't do Vol 0 and it's safe to say no one else will do it. So you may as well continue working on Vol 0. When do you think you can start?
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Hard to say. Not in the foreseeable future, at least not before I've finished the Rakudai manga.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Shizuya Kirihara

■ PROFILE
Affiliation: Hagun Academy, Year Two Class Three
Noble Art: Area Invisible
Nickname: Hunter
Personal Summary: Last year's Hagun Academy Sword-Art Festival representative

Physical Ability: D
Luck: B
Offensive Power: E
Defensive Power: D

Kagamin Check!
His fighting style uses his ability of absolute stealth, Area Invisible, and pierces his opponent with invisible arrows from long range. As long as his opponent doesn't have an attack that hits a wide area, he can make the match one-sided, which makes him the owner of a rather strong ability.
This upperclassman has a somewhat difficult personality, but he did drive the Crownless Sword King to within a step of defeat during the first round of the Hagun Academy Festival representative selection battles, so his power is definitely the real thing. He's one of Hagun Academy's strongest, okay?
Thanks goes to Frozen for providing the picture, since it wasn't uploaded.
juulbx
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by juulbx »

Hi you guys.

I was always quite afraid of this forum because of possible spoilers so I'm now just going to ask some regulars because I'm too curious:

I've been caught up with the Frozen tl and have read some of V9 (lol) via Jason's blog. Is it save to read this forum even though I've only read the English tl (so no V10, 11, 12 and 13)? I really don't want to get spoiled but I'm so interested in what other people and the translators have to say about the current english chapters and stuff like that.

I hope someone can help me out! :D
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

We don't typically discuss spoilers here on volumes beyond what has been translated on Baka-Tsuki and Frozen's Lazy Blog, but I can't guarantee that people won't want to, nor would I necessarily stop them from doing so. But if it helps, should people start spoiling I would also read the forum considerably less often, because I'm also trying to avoid future spoilers. I prefer to discover the story as I'm translating/editing in order to capture the initial emotional impression accurately.

Return to “English”