Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AcOo
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Post by AcOo »

Thanks for your translation of volume 5 DisavateraMX!
DisavateraMX
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DisavateraMX »

Glad to see that people are enjoying Rakudai so far. :D

Anyway, TheCatWalk, just feel free to send me whatever message it was you wanted to. Apparently I am too new on the forum to be able to reply to compose PMs. Which is funny since that assumes that you wouldn't receive any in your first few days on the forum - it's not absolute, but I'm no policy maker, so I won't question it. Too much.

Anyway, if there have been no updates in a bit, it's because I've been racing against time to graduate from puny bullets to pew-pew laser beams for the sake of defeating the aliens invading our planet! Just sit tight and...Wait Warmly, as they say.
Kurotora
Astral Realm

Post by Kurotora »

Thanks for the translation...!! :D

btw, can u keep koume's "onii-chan" as pre-edit??
changing it to "big brother" kinda change the "meaning" (or impression I guess??).
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Kurotora wrote:btw, can u keep koume's "onii-chan" as pre-edit??
changing it to "big brother" kinda change the "meaning" (or impression I guess??).
I am open to debate on the matter, but the usage in the story thus far doesn't justify not translating the term to English.
lifeman120
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Post by lifeman120 »

just to tell you, I always prefer to keep honorifics and stuff like onii-chan
Image guy, Cleaning/Typesetting Progress

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.
birdbird
Astral Realm

Post by birdbird »

Thanks KLSymph and DisavateraMX for the translations. Got interested after seeing the anime and must say that the LN's are better.

Just had a quick question (for anyone who knows): I download the epub files from Baka Tsuki and in every file so far there have been random boxes with an x in it. I'm thinking they are dashes(?), but not too sure. They usually appear before dialogue. Is that a problem with my ereader app or something else?

Looking forward to volume 6; trying to wait patiently but who am I kidding haha.
Maala
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Maala »

DisavateraMX wrote:Anyway, if there have been no updates in a bit, it's because I've been racing against time to graduate from puny bullets to pew-pew laser beams for the sake of defeating the aliens invading our planet! Just sit tight and...Wait Warmly, as they say.
Whoa, a fellow XCOM Commander here? :P

Wait Warmly? Haha, this joke is Stellar!
endarion88
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by endarion88 »

anyone can upload vol5 as pdf please?
Jason Wander
Astral Realm

Post by Jason Wander »

I just want to thank everyone who has been working on this awesome Light Novel. Been following since it was first being translated and it is one of my favorites.
I'm really looking forward to the next few novels since I managed to read a basic plot summary of the novels. Plus I own the books so I was able to see some of the key scenes I just don't know enough Japanese to read it....yet. oh well either you guys finish translating or I learn enough whichever comes first. Keep up the awesome work and thanks again to the team working on this.
DisavateraMX
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DisavateraMX »

Maala wrote:
DisavateraMX wrote:Anyway, if there have been no updates in a bit, it's because I've been racing against time to graduate from puny bullets to pew-pew laser beams for the sake of defeating the aliens invading our planet! Just sit tight and...Wait Warmly, as they say.
Whoa, a fellow XCOM Commander here? :P

Wait Warmly? Haha, this joke is Stellar!
Oh lordy the puns. They are so...no, not gonna join in any longer.

And yes, XCOM Commander here - Long War Classic Honestman (self-enforced savescum strategic - not that you can dodge that Terror Attack if you wanted to anyway/ironman tactical), Aiming Angles, Liberation, Results Driven, Hidden Potential, Total Loss...

...to be exact. Also, pulse/gauss weapons are so damned expensive! But my supercapacitors/railguns, I need them to win the damage war :cry:

If the translations have slowed down, you can blame the above, as well as my new part-time job - I'm still adjusting my schedule, and hope to settle into a good system soon.

If not, I'm not above sounding the S.O.S. if anyone is available! Ain't no shame in admitting I'm human and need help :D
TeeJay
Astral Realm

Post by TeeJay »

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to the editorial team and keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to vol. 6
Maala
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Maala »

DisavateraMX wrote:
Oh lordy the puns. They are so...no, not gonna join in any longer.

And yes, XCOM Commander here - Long War Classic Honestman (self-enforced savescum strategic - not that you can dodge that Terror Attack if you wanted to anyway/ironman tactical), Aiming Angles, Liberation, Results Driven, Hidden Potential, Total Loss...

...to be exact. Also, pulse/gauss weapons are so damned expensive! But my supercapacitors/railguns, I need them to win the damage war :cry:

If the translations have slowed down, you can blame the above, as well as my new part-time job - I'm still adjusting my schedule, and hope to settle into a good system soon.

If not, I'm not above sounding the S.O.S. if anyone is available! Ain't no shame in admitting I'm human and need help :D
Some offtopic XCOM talking behind spoiler tag. :)
Spoiler! :
Hmm, skipping Pulse after Gauss and jumping straight to Plasma weaponry is the best strategy imo, this way you can spare some Fragments and estabilish your lategame tactics gameplay (I mean you can start farming Elerium/Fragments reliably, because of course eventually you will need Pulse for the EMP cannon/Blaster Launcher/Fusion Lance). In the meantime, your Air game will have to bear with the interceptor upgrades and with lasers, but without supercapacitors. But its manageable for me.

Honestman! :) It's hard to force yourself to not use savescumming, since it's not advised to use Ironman (unless you save your savefiles on your HDD multiple times). I regularly just ragequit for a few days/weeks after some late night tiring games where I just cannot concentrate anymore and start failing. But I am too dumb to be honest to myself (and my men :D) to just stop playing. Hehe.

How about XCOM 2? Did you try it, liked it?
Have fun finding your own schedule, it's always exciting to do so.

Don't worry about us waiting, I am enjoying my time finding new mangas, manwhas, animes and stuff. I found Rakudai in the first place because I ended up to with a LOT of free time just a few days before the new year, for which I am really grateful (I mean, not happy for the reason why I have a lot of free time, but the way I am using it). :)
And I think the others are fine with waiting too. :)
MindInSky
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MindInSky »

Thank you very much for translating this, i grew really fond of this LN <3
Maala
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Maala »

As a chemist, I am totally against melting CaOH inside your body to reshape your bones. "Please do not try this at home", unless your fire resistance is over 100%, meaning fire attacks will heal you instead of doing damage. :)

As a reader of this manga, this is fraking awesome, the author is finally showing us how strong and badass is Stella in combat environment.
DisavateraMX
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DisavateraMX »

Maala wrote:As a chemist, I am totally against melting CaOH inside your body to reshape your bones. "Please do not try this at home", unless your fire resistance is over 100%, meaning fire attacks will heal you instead of doing damage. :)

As a reader of this manga, this is fraking awesome, the author is finally showing us how strong and badass is Stella in combat environment.
It's just one of them things where you need to put reality aside and just enjoy the awesome. 8)

I'm not even a chemist, and I was just like lolling off my chair laughing like an idiot at how little sense that made.

Anyway, more spoiler off-topic XCOM. Shhh, the Commanders are talking! :P
Spoiler! :
Switched to Brutal Ironman - Aiming Angles, Commander's Choice, Total Loss, Results Driven, Liberators, Absolutely Critical, Red Fog - and boy is it bad for my heart.

I'm currently building my first set of Gauss weaponry, sponsored courtesy of a landed Harvester and a landed Abductor, which the aliens were kind enough to land at moments when my A-Team was ready and EXALT wasn't being a bother. Alien Research is seriously gay as shit on Brutal though, you have 9 HP floaters, 14HP Mutons and 13HP Outsiders with pretty decent cover/non-cover DR in June as pod leaders - and these aren't even the actual Navigator/Leader types. 20 15 HP Zombies every Terror Mission, 2 Terror Missions every month, literally No Mercy Gaming. I've just given up on the civs in Terror Missions - I just do them for the EXP now and exploit poor zombie speed for kite-and-farming. I've essentially lost South America and I think given the way things are going I will probably start losing Asia or Africa next. On the good side though the hectic schedule has led to the formation of a pretty big cadre of soldiers (between 6 and 8 of every class) and a wide A-Team pool (1-2 each) so on the tactical front it's really rare that I would get caught with my pants down for any given mission.

I got halfway through the 2nd month transport landing, but evac'd like a madman after the Outsider Captain called down a floater pod, a chrys pod AND a cyberdisc pod on my ass. I don't think that's meant to be particularly possible on Brutal or Impossible Ironman - there's just way too much HP and pod-size on them (5 each) to take on with only basic ballistics. Also, the 'skip Pulse' strat is definitely a thing: I get the feeling Plasma progress would be slowed like mad if you actually try to get any decent amount of pulse. At all. It happened in my Classic run, and was the main reason for a lot of mid-game struggles. I won that one though with some breath left to spare. Shredder and lucky crits on the Uber-Ethereal do some serious work!

Return to “English”