Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Clad In Armour
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
Location: Somewhere cold, where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos

Re: Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry

Post by Clad In Armour »

Eh guys..back from the dead and I somehow miraculously survived my mid terms..anyway be editing all the new stuff that came out some time soon....going to go sleep now.zzzz
Not sure what to put here mhmm.......oh well back to my manga. A.K.A Dual Blades
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

She is indeed asking if it's alright for her to "cosplay" as a boy with a onee-kei style since Nagi is a "female on the inside." X Only applies to handsome men - shows that she and rest of the girls doesn't care about Nagi being a okama because he is handsome, and that's the reason she is willing to cosplay as a boy to match him.

Interpreting it like(男子は)オネェ系になってみるのもいいんじゃないでしょうか⁉ was the mistake, bro.

Terms:

Onee-kei/オネエ系 = The same as visual-kei, a fashion. Originally for girls, and is mostly popular with college students. ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/お姉系

Onee-kei boy/オネエ系男子 = A boy dressed in onee-kei fashion.

I and everyone here appreciate the time you've invested in this project. Originally, I thought you were just editing volume one for grammar and typos, since almost everyone at BT doesn't use proofreading in its literal sense. That is the reason I PM-ed you asking how long it was gonna take you to finish "proofing" volume 1. But, I had a doubt that maybe you were TLC-ing since you said it's gonna take you few months at best. So when the furigana thingy was going on, I asked Cat if you were TLC-ing the volume 1 or just editing for English. Cat said it was the former to my surprise.

Here's how it went down.
Spoiler! :
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Hmm, okay, that works for me. I've changed the profile, so hopefully that looks better.

Yes, I'm giving volume one the full checkup. I really do apologize to everyone for holding up our full project status, but it is really grinding work, and nobody else should suffer through it. I've read chapter one for more hours than I've spent reading most books.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

*holds head in hands*

Ayase's profile image is so misaligned that the right-most column of Kagamin Check characters is missing.

And so is Kuraudo's!

On some days this project is full of spiders.
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

KLSymph wrote:Hmm, okay, that works for me. I've changed the profile, so hopefully that looks better.

Yes, I'm giving volume one the full checkup. I really do apologize to everyone for holding up our full project status, but it is really grinding work, and nobody else should suffer through it. I've read chapter one for more hours than I've spent reading most books.
But imagine when you do finish and all the people will come read this LN. IMAGINE EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH THAT CRAZINESS.
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Bungaku Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life

Post by sirgoodguy »

Shuiko Do you have any idea what kind of annoying things happen when a series gets more fans?
Currently the personal editor to the cat.
~sirgoodguy the Freelance Editor, Typeset, Timer, Translator... Etc... Also a Chef and Computer Nerd... oh and part time artist.~
lifeman120
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Post by lifeman120 »

sirgoodguy wrote:Shuiko Do you have any idea what kind of annoying things happen when a series gets more fans? >.>
people nagging about hurrying up with the translations??
Image guy, Cleaning/Typesetting Progress

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
No Game No Life

Post by sirgoodguy »

I swear if I see one person ask for a translator or editor to speed up... I'm rage... Consider this a warning for anyone thinking about doing so. *Readies Low Orbit Ion Cannon & Zombie Computers*
~sirgoodguy the Freelance Editor, Typeset, Timer, Translator... Etc... Also a Chef and Computer Nerd... oh and part time artist.~
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

Hahaha! :lol:

I'll be hiding behind your back, then. XD (Don't plan on speeding up until Cat comes around)
lifeman120
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Post by lifeman120 »

i think the TL speed is fast enough
Image guy, Cleaning/Typesetting Progress

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.
KLSymph
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KLSymph »

Volume 2 Character Profiles wrote:

HAGUN ACADEMY WALL NEWSPAPER
Character Topics ___ Writer • Kagami Kusakabe

AYASE AYATSUJI

■ PROFILE
Affiliation: Hagun Academy, Year Three Class One
Knight Rank: D
Noble Arts: NO DATA
Nickname: NO DATA
Personal Summary: The Last Samurai's beloved daughter

Attribute chart (starting at far left, going clockwise)
Physical Ability: D+
Luck: E
Offensive Power: C+
Defensive Power: E
Magic Capacity: E
Magic Control: D

Kagamin Check!
Ayatsuji-sempai, who follows Kurogane-sempai around. Me, who follows Ayatsuji-sempai around. It was something similar to a Dragon Q●est party, you know! It was kinda fun! However, Ayatsuji-sempai becoming an apprentice to Kurogane-sempai was the only exciting scoop. Even though I wanted to know Ayatsuji-sempai's ability and such. There's a rumor which says it's a concept-manipulation type better than a nature-manipulation type like that of Stella-chan and Shizuku-chan.
Since the page goes off the right margin and loses a column of text, I'm making the following fill-in assumptions based on context:
Kagamin Check! wrote:黒鉄先輩を尾行する綾辻先輩。その綾辻先輩を尾
してた私。なんかドラ●エのパーティみたいな有
だったよ!ちょっと楽しかった!
でも黒鉄先輩に綾辻先輩が弟子入りしたことくら
しかめぼしいスクープはなかったね。綾辻先輩の
力とか知りたかったんだけど。なんでもステラち
んや珠雫ちゃんみたいな『自然操作系』よりも上
『概念操作系』という噂。
While I'm hardly confident they're correct, at least I can fudge something coherent out of them.

And I assume ドラ●エ is ドラクエ (Dragon Quest), but I've never played that series so heck if I know.

Edit: Incorporated Kouen no Ten's suggestions.
Shuiko
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

sirgoodguy wrote:Shuiko Do you have any idea what kind of annoying things happen when a series gets more fans?

That's why i stated the craziness.

I know since I used to do scan cleaning, but not anymoreeeeeee. I feel the pain (to some extent anyway).
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
No Game No Life

Post by sirgoodguy »

Try doing subtitles... People know when animes come out more then they know when mangas come out.

EG:

Hi sorry to bother you lazy bastards I have paid you people $10 (it did say donations go to keeping website and DDL sever up...) to work on this along with lots of other people. Why are you people taking so long? Come on its not that hard to make subtitles all you do it write on the video. (retard...) If you don't hurry up i'm just going to use different group and never use your subs again (go ahead please do it we dont care).

Something on those lines it was a long time ago. :v
ZzZzZzZzZ back to my coffin.

PS: Well at least we are more then likely not going to see a BeginnerXP type of thing here...
PSS: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... did=393787
TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheCatWalk »

Psssfft:Bzzt:Bzzt:
This is cat charlie charlie 1244 hash main hash heroine hash Alpha six,

V 2 will be done in 2 days set.
i'll send the txt to michael BUT there are four or five lines left raw.
send them to kouen for a tl and after u get the tl'ed ver, replace it in the original and then transfer it to the wiki.
-Over
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
No Game No Life

Post by sirgoodguy »

... Working in 2 days. If you send before 6pm sydney time on saturday i can't edit :P so take your time also can you put your translation in word and do this for me? My comp is having a local problem and i CBF to fix it.

Just Ctrl-F then go to replace. Click more and turn on wild cards. And do that on the bottom should add in all the spacing.

Find: ([!^13])([^13]@)([!^13])
Replace with: \1^p\2\3
KLSymph wrote:
And I assume ドラ●エ is ドラクエ (Dragon Quest), but I've never played that series so heck if I know.
it's talking about following a dude who's following another dude, and felt like (...)'s Party. I'm guessing a game's name then...
Yea then would be dragons quest. Probably just did not want to use the name encase of legal problems or stuff

You made me read Jap... ... Ask cat why that's a no no :P . Joke jokes i don't really mind.

Return to “English”