[ch 1] But, just as I was still part of this class, there w

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Da~Mike
Astral Realm

[ch 1] But, just as I was still part of this class, there w

Post by Da~Mike »

But, just as I was still part of this class, there were always people who wanted to talk to the eyebrow-locking, mouth-scowling Haruhi.

(alt translation from Cruzz's site: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~cruzz/haruhi/Haruhi.html)
But it's not like there weren't people who hadn't understood yet, who didn't have an eye for this kind of thing. There still were classmates who'd try to talk about something to Suzumiya Haruhi, who was always scowling and making a line with her lips as if she was in a bad mood.

Possible change:
But there were still those who hadn't understood yet. There were still people who wanted to talk to the eyebrow-locking, mouth-scowling Haruhi.

--The naming game 13:47, 1 May 2006 (PDT)

The sentence in the title suggests a meaning that appears to be absent in both Cruzz's and The naming game's interpretations; it implies that for some reason, people (including Kyon himself) were drawn to Haruhi and would still try to talk to her, regardless of whether they understood her or accepted her nature.

Again, the source text would be incredibly helpful if we are to clarify this. Could someone provide the source text for this particular phrase please? Thanks.

--Da~Mike 01:13, 7 May 2006 (GMT)

Return to “Volume 1 - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第一巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱”