[ch 1] She always has this aspiration that she would soon m

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Da~Mike
Astral Realm

[ch 1] She always has this aspiration that she would soon m

Post by Da~Mike »

She always has this aspiration that she would soon meet the supernatural world that I abandoned long ago, and she enthusiastically tries to achieve her dream.

(alt translation from Cruzz's site: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~cruzz/haruhi/Haruhi.html)
Even now, she's eagerly waiting for that chance meeting with the paranormal, something I gave up on a long time ago. And she's certainly taking an active approach at it.

I can't really comment meaning-wise on either one. I believe Cruzz's runs more smoothly in English -- the only thing I'd change is "approach at it" to "approach to it."

--The naming game 13:47, 1 May 2006 (PDT)

Cruzz's version does seem more fluid.
:I can't really comment meaning-wise on either one. I believe Cruzz's runs more smoothly in English -- the only thing I'd change is "approach at it" to "approach to it."

Your change seems to enhance the flow of the sentence so I think we should go with that.

--Da~Mike 00:57, 7 May 2006 (GMT)

I've made some modifications to this section, based mostly on TLG's original text rather than what was here. Please look it over and make any further improvements necessary.

--BlckKnght 13:24, 30 May 2006 (PDT)

Return to “Volume 1 - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第一巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱”