[ch 2] Requirements for organizing an "association"

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Da~Mike
Astral Realm

[ch 2] Requirements for organizing an "association"

Post by Da~Mike »

Requirements for organizing an "association"

The paragraph in the text listing the requirements seems really awkward to me. I am tempted to format it as an actual list (using wiki markup) rather than try to figure out a way to tie everthing together into a list in a sentance. Can anyone with the original text comment on what it looks like there?

For reference, here is the current paragraph:
Requirements for organizing an "association": Five members or more. A sponsor teacher, club name, chairperson for the club, and club activities/goals summary are required - which then requires approval from the Student Council Executive Committee. The club's activities must fit in with the school philosophy of creativity and vivaciousness. Based on the activities' records and results, the Executive Committee would debate on whether to promote the association into a "study group". Furthermore, as an association, the school will not provide any funding.
I'm thinking of changing it to:
Requirements for organizing an "association":

* Five members (or more)
* A sponsor teacher
* A club name
* A chairperson
* A summary of club activities/goals

The activities and goals must match up with the school philosophy of creativity and vivaciousness and be approved to the Student Council Executive Comittee. After activities take place, the Committee will consider the records and results and consider promoting the association to a "study group." Until that happens, the school will not provide any funding.
--BlckKnght 14:35, 28 May 2006 (PDT)

In the US, you occasionally see these "inline lists" where the list elements are separated by semicolons. Would that work?

203.217.22.128 22:34, 13 July 2006 (PDT)

Return to “Volume 1 - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第一巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱”