[ch3] Big delete in chapter?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Filraen
Astral Realm

[ch3] Big delete in chapter?

Post by Filraen »

As shown in this link, on the edit from 23:14, 8 December 2008 there was a large delete at the end of the chapter. That got me rather confused since it's a very big part without an explanation.
What is the Integrated Data Sentient Entity?

In the vast sea of data known as the universe, there exist many highly sentient data entities that possess no corporeal bodies.

(...) (a very big one)

She then very reluctantly allowed me to remove the images from the page. At this moment, I should have been deleting all of Asahina-san's photos, but it would have been too much of a pity doing that. Hence, I secretly saved them all in a file document within the computer's hard drive and had it protected with a password.

Only I can view those photos!
There was no indication about why that text was deleted, but as there were a lot of corrections and minor changes in the same edit I don't believe it's vandalism. Was this part going to be translated again or a mistake in the edit that time?

I don't want to edit the page because I don't really know if the text was in the original novel in the first place (I don't know either Chinese or Japanese).
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: [ch3] Big delete in chapter?

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thank you for pointing this out, I have just noticed it via the anonymous tipster on the talk page (was that you?)

and after looking though the page edit history, can confirm the last paragraph has been deleted.

Thanks to you and the anonymous readers for pointing this out, the embarrassing thing is that i edited the page right after that and i didn't notice.

doh.

In future if you see something like this again, just inform a community member to restore it, or better yet, register on the wiki and become part of the community and do it yourself.

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Filraen
Astral Realm

Post by Filraen »

It wasn't me. Since it looked like the talk pages are being used only for transtation notes and I didn't know who talk to I used the forum here.

Anyway, the important thing here is that everything is well now.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Puh lucky me. - It wasnt my fault, but something like this could have happenend also easily to me, since I did write lately on a laptop, I have during writing only lightly to touch the integrated mousepad and continue writing and the work of some time can be gone.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Volume 1 - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第一巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱”