[ch 5] Haruhi's Self-Introduction

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Da~Mike
Astral Realm

[ch 5] Haruhi's Self-Introduction

Post by Da~Mike »

Haruhi's Self-Introduction

Specifically: "If there are any aliens, time travellers, out-of-worlders and espers, come look for me!" is different from thelastguardian's version in Chapter 1: "If anyone here is an alien, from the future, from a different dimension, or an esper, then come find me! That is all."

As this phrase is such an important one, we should probably agree upon a translation that fits with how we describe Yuki, Mikuru and Itsuki in the other chapters too: Alien, Time Traveller and Esper? Should out-of-worlders be put as "Dimension Hoppers" or "Sliders" while we're at it?

--Psieye 18:59, 25 April 2006 (PDT)

mmm...well in the official SHnY wiki article they state "sliders" as well ,as it seems to be a generally accepted word for dimensional traveller.

Come to think of it ,we got aliens, espers and time travellers....does this mean theres gonna be a slider too? (O_o)?

But yeah, i think in the general terms, yuki should be referred to as the "alien", Mikuru as the Time Traveller, as for Itsuki....mmm...tricky, i would personally go for esper as its been mentioned here, and it's a easy route for continuality.

Onizuka-gto 20:29, 25 April 2006 (PDT)

Ok, then I guess we'll use "Sliders" and go change the above phrase in both Ch 1 and 5. I'll do it in a bit if someone doesn't do it first.

--Psieye 20:46, 25 April 2006 (PDT)

Return to “Volume 1 - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第一巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱”