Seitenkan, Suzumiya Haruhi: An introduction

Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Translators, Executive Council

DJ_RockmanX
Astral Realm

Seitenkan, Suzumiya Haruhi: An introduction

Post by DJ_RockmanX »

Animesuki-elected Genderbending Danchou RmX here. (It's a strange title for me to accept, but it's beginning to grow on me.)

I believe that to come up with the “master script”, we’re going to be having a lot of debates and discussions concerning the finalized versions in this forum. The discussion of ideas and the posting of rough drafts will still take place over at Animesuki, but it is here where ultimate decisions are going to be made. So yes, we’ll have a need for this place, especially for the creation of polls and discussion topics for various points of interest (read: obstacles such as writers’ block, a lack of agreement on particular scenes or scenarios, etc).

We’ll need to form a sort of review committee that will have the last say on what will make the final cut. The membership of this committee still needs to be decided, but among them will be the authors and editors directly involved in the writing process, and a group of Haruhiist elites to be chosen from those contributing their ideas to the script. We will pester them into joining this forum, and drag the essential ones by their toes if we must.

Our system of meetings and voting still needs to be figured out, but to the best of our ability I would like for this project to represent the will of fandom majority, and we will likely revisit various topics as more ideas come in. In the mean time, let’s do our best to set up the bridge between this forum and the Animesuki thread. This entire gig is a work-in-progress, so our system of churning out finalized chapters will likely have a rocky start, but let’s not let it prevent us from making something awesomely awesome.

So shall we consider this sub-forum as the office of the executive committee? An announcement will have to be made to the good people of Animesuki soon, to get this train moving.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Seitenkan, Suzumiya Haruhi: An introduction

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Hmm. I get the feeling that this is going to turn into something more interesting than I imagined... 8)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Yes, you can use this forum for whatever you need, polls and such as.

Since they have appointed you as the representative of this collaboration, i leave it to you to organise this cult.

I have created a usergroup for this collaboration.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/member ... oup&g=1291

You will have group leader access to this group, to accept and manage this list.

For members to join, the must register.

Click "user control panel" then to "usergroup" and select "Seitenkan Cult" and click "join selected" at the bottom.

i will be using this list to keep a record and will be used in any disputes that might arise.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

yay, we're finally getting somewhere..

anyway, just a prophetic vision here.. though for the moment seitenkan's quite popular, upon Haruhi's second coming, attention to this quasi-phenomenon will most probably be diverted - indefinitely. not to scare you guys away from devoting time to this, just want to know who's really into this project.

moving on, still won't be able to show you guys anymore of v1, i'm gonna be having exams tomorrow.come holy week, i'll be sure to work my slave ass off.. but that doesn't mean i turn away ideas for seitenkan.. any of you have any significant thoughts for v3's SHnTaikutsu a.k.a baseball tournament? coz this one's gonna need a major rewrite.. also, other tough nuts include: endless eight (v5), SHnTameiki (v2), Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Ep 00 (v6), Charmed at first sight LOVER (v6), and SHnInbou (v7)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
DJ_RockmanX
Astral Realm

Post by DJ_RockmanX »

The second coming of the god-empress according to Kyoto Animation will most likely take precedence when it does happen. However, so long as Kaisos and I are still around, the project will continue soon after the excitement begins to wane (that's asking for a lot I know).

772: If you could, would you be willing to talk with Kaisos and put your heads together on the rewrites over at Animesuki? It's a constant flood, so it might be hard to keep up at times, but I think it would be for the best if all the authors engaged in the rewrite discussion in the same place.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

this project 'has' a chance of continuing, even after SH-verse concludes. because the very concept of turning this phenomenon upside down holds a lot of promise. that is, if there still be people who bear the torch by that time..

hey, the very thought of our generation becoming senior citizens, yet still very much into manga/anime/ranobe is very amusing (for me that is..)

as for me getting involved with AS, that pretty much sounds like 'maybe'; i very much enjoy my stay 'here', though i might follow up on the AS thread, that would be the most of it..

and one thing, shichinanatsu is just the two words for 'seven' (shichi+nanatsu) combined..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

DJ_RockmanX
Astral Realm

Post by DJ_RockmanX »

Eh, read that differently. :P

And I still think it would benefit us greatly if you participated in the discussions of the many that are contributing their ideas, pictures, laughter, and support to the project over on Animesuki.

Paki na lang. Maraming salamat kabayan. =D
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

would you imagine that!? hoy pare, anong ginagawa mo dito!?

i'll see to it, since you asked so nicely - though i have a LOT of catching up to do..

basta ba samahan mo ako para ipaglaban ang dangal ni haruhi, kung sakaling bilhin ng ABS-CBN ang Haruhi franchise, at nagpasyang babuyin ang panginoong Haruhi
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

DJ_RockmanX
Astral Realm

Post by DJ_RockmanX »

^ I pray that it never happens. :mrgreen:
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

shichinanatsu wrote:would you imagine that!? hoy pare, anong ginagawa mo dito!?

i'll see to it, since you asked so nicely - though i have a LOT of catching up to do..

basta ba samahan mo ako para ipaglaban ang dangal ni haruhi, kung sakaling bilhin ng ABS-CBN ang Haruhi franchise, at nagpasyang babuyin ang panginoong Haruhi
the above is a war cry to all filipino haruhiists, a call to arms if ever media giants ABS-CBN or GMA decide to buy airing rights to SHnY season 1, and consequently DEFILE the series via dubbing (btw, they also translate songs' lyrics).

on second thought, it's the only way i can buy cheap official merchandise.. seriously, what's wrong with this world?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Good luck with this project,a good past-time until Season two/V10 hits. :mrgreen:
beanbrew
Astral Realm

Post by beanbrew »

Any idea how we're going to decide edit order? Also, I seem to be listed as an editor on the main page (My wiki username is also beanbrew.) Do I get a title? I'm confused right now...

Return to “Suzumiya Haruki no Seitenkan”