Ookami to Koushinryou / Wolf and Spice

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 241

sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Ookami to Koushinryou / Wolf and Spice

Post by sterling01 »

Well it says this version of ABBYY can recognise Japanese

http://www.abbyy.com/sdk/?param=35465
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

sterling01 wrote:Well it says this version of ABBYY can recognise Japanese

http://www.abbyy.com/sdk/?param=35465

yes they do
the problem is that the current "wild" versions of ABBYY available do not have Japanese/chinese/asian languages its a special "Asian" version.

been looking everywhere for some sort of "add-on" however i suspect its held on a secure server validated ABBYY registered thing, and people who have it are corporation, which i doubt would leak it on the net.

the only other option is to LOOK for the ABBYY japanese/Asian version, but typing in Japanese to find the "wild" version.

im going on a hunch that since we can find English version of ABBYY on the net from helpful users for "educational" purposes, i hope Japanese native users will do the same sort of thing.

i hope....

thing is, we need a japanese fluent user to help us find these japanese torrents, as ionly know english ones.

dammn ,this sucks.
to get Japanese ocr software free off the net, we need a Japanese reader, if we got a Japanese reader, we don't need Japanese ocr...
catch 22 .....

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

onizuka-gto wrote:well...dammn.

almost broke my vista work laptop (my bread-making machine) trying to get the dammn OCR software to work.

apparently i need to set vista to japanese or something, although my microsoft office has no problem typing out japanese/chinese it refuse to do anything else.

well that's a shame, but i can't risk breaking my laptop again, need it crucially for next week's meeting.

ahh, times like this i wish i had a desk bound job...well one that lets me stay in the office long enough to use the workstation.

*lives a normadic existance*

All i can say is Applocale get it !
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well one good thing, found a Japanese OCR software.

but having difficulty installing it, keeps popping up a error message about me not having .NET Framework, well i assume its that, as its in Japanese and it keeps opening a page to .NET site.

It'll probably work on a XP machine.

if anyone else knows what it says, i've attached a picture of the error.

if anyone else would like to have a go, here is the link to the software.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/1006463/575b200b/public.html

It's called Smart OCR Lite, naturally i went for the 1.07 version, but maybe the 1.06 will work on vista?

if anyone else got it to work, would love to know.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I've heard of Vista having problems with the .NET framework before. Might want to have someone with .NET 2 on XP try it. Not sure about .NET 3 though, I'm running into problems with that thing. :?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I've heard of Vista having problems with the .NET framework before. Might want to have someone with .NET 2 on XP try it. Not sure about .NET 3 though, I'm running into problems with that thing. :?

thanks for the heads up, i was contemplating if i should go for .NET 3, but i guess i'll leave it to someone else.

@Onizukademongto
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

Same problem here cant get it to work tried everything well i'll test it tomorrow on my XP machine :|
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Mew wrote:Same problem here cant get it to work tried everything well i'll test it tomorrow on my XP machine :|
good luck.

:)

@Onizukademongto
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

The program just would not read PNG files normally so i used photoshop and converted it to .bmp and it reads them quite nicely i guess :D As you can notice it just randomly skipped some text so i guess i'd have to manually check every page :?

So should continue ?

RAW

Code: Select all

みや一一立特にのかの筋由
出そ白な神おロた有足は'塊萎ほ肉ホまも
るん分' な前レせのも一のワうでロさあ
雰なの周んはンる手そ転よに覆耄のしる
囲様こりか' スO 触ラしういわ肩芸く0
気子とよじ本は
ははをりや当固茸
' いぬ賢あに唾ず
とたけいオり神を
てず颯狼碁んな飲
もらけじミせのん
ま好とやんかで
とき賢an 一'
ものいわ足
な少とつの
獣女言ち大
の以ラはき
も外そホさ
のののロか
と何娘芋。ら
は物はめ賢毘わ
思で' 狼琴か
えも得ホる
なな意ロじ
いいげじや
βがなやろ
' 顔一う
そをけ
のしど
肩て
かロ少
らレし
生ン体
乱スが
るの大
獣ほき
のうく
らるそ
にo う
じじ
思
わ
ず
呟芸
いや
て
い
りだてにくれか'
につ硬大と' らそ
加た質き' そ生の
えがないこのえ手て
" も。れ上て触募
触ふその綺きもにいり
れのがeeitま実るに
て爪めなたに獣客よ
はのる桃暮大見ののつ
な感0 色き事足て
ら触鎌誓をなてなはだ
なはのし掌家こ'O
いとよてだらげ大
よてうい。茶木
うもなる肉色の
な幻爪; 柔球のよ
も覚だらな長う
のとO かどいな
にはいそ毛重
触思そのが量
れえれ一生感
てなをつえを
いい越一揃茸与
るo h つつL
感冷' がてる
覚たさ切い太
ゴ戸くらりるい
ロもに分o 骨
レ温そけ肩が
ンかのらの戦
スく先れ付士
のもにてけの
背ないい根腕茎
筋いくなかの
を獣といらよ
あのそパ手ラ
わ爪こン首な
The STUPID bable fish translation

Code: Select all

The muscle reason coming out そ white, whether the seeing and 11 stand especially of your God ロ it is as for the possession foot ' the lump weakening ほ meat ホ ま and the る it is amount ' front レ せ one ワ arm ロ being the あ 雰 lap it is ン る hand そ revolution, the 覆 耄 present る surrounding way you are disgusted and?' ス O touching ラ do and the う are and the わ shoulder art く 0 air child and as for the じ book the り and this hard mushroom ' the saliva ず and the fungus you are in the Ken あ which is not and オ り God て ず 颯 wolf go are drinking and others the け Whether it is the ま of the じ ミ せ good with and it is, the time Ken an one ' the thing it is, the わ foot little and animal woman word ちlarge from here ラ coming outside そ ホ, whether ロ no daughter potato. And others ' the profitable ホ る the mind ロ じ good げ じ and β and the ろ ' face one う そ け present ど shoulder て or ロ little and others レ does also the wolf koto or the obtaining with thing setting Ken 毘 わ thought and raw ン body random ス o う じ じ thought わ ず 呟 art the て is well in the う く and others る そ of the large animal ほ coming of the る and you give to the て which is the り and?' large ' and others そ adding are hard quality to come ' this obtaining hand て which is not the そ raw obtaining ". Also in the 綺 coming of the て touching 募 touching ふ on the れ needs and れ bears fruit the eeit ま in the て nail め hatchet the animal customer, the impression 0 color coming thing foot て and others touching sickle 誓 pink end Omi riding the て the skin the present palm house 'O it is densely and it is the て, and others the げ large the て う it is. Meat color also the Chaki う becoming the vision nail; It is soft, it is sphere, it is the sense, when and others long to O angle to be, it is and while the surpassing one set mushroom giving る o h whose the worsted heavily touching thought that the quantitative れ obtaining れ lifetime impression て the stick is good the L impression cold ' is the て る sense, it is ardently and the ゴ door saddle り る is thickly and in ロ and the amount o bone レ warm そ け shoulder is similar and れ attaching loyal retainer ahead the game ス く of ン or field there is no back of the け to be root arm stalk muscle Nakano who goes the animal question and others that そ pas hand ラ わ nail it is dense the ン neck
Nyx
Astral Realm

Post by Nyx »

*cough* I have just seen ReadIris 11 Asian on *cough* emule *cough*
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

Nyx wrote:*cough* I have just seen ReadIris 11 Asian on *cough* emule *cough*
:shock:
Torrent it or something ! Or just use it on the novels ! :mrgreen:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

thanks mew, seems like Smart OCR lite is a nice free little software, i can see why fails, the scans aren't exactly high quality, i bet if we used a paid program it'll be more accurate like ABBYY or READIRIS...
Nyx wrote:*cough* I have just seen ReadIris 11 Asian on *cough* emule *cough*

you just made me very excited.

however im not familiar with emule, and no matter how much i want that software, i don't think i have the time to get familiar with that program and download it.

Is there any possible way that you could download, then perhaps archive it into little pieces and upload to those free upload site?

or torrent it?

Torrents are my best friend as back at my family home i got one of those network NAS that can download torrents with a web interface, so no matter where i go, i can still set it to download something for me.

Then get it at the weekend where i can get a decent net connection to download it.

@Onizukademongto
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

Looking nice ... I'm uploading Readiris Pro 11to megaupload i'll post the link here in about 2 hours , my max upload is about 60 Kb/s but megaupload is just going 32 kb/s :x

Someone recommend me a very nice looking japanese font !

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QPA4WOI -- Here

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3843 Oh and get this if you dont have it ...

http://www.savefile.com/files/1357620 --- A test page 17-328 from novel 1
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Mew wrote:Image

Looking nice ... I'm uploading Readiris Pro 11to megaupload i'll post the link here in about 2 hours , my max upload is about 60 Kb/s but megaupload is just going 32 kb/s :x

Someone recommend me a very nice looking japanese font !

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QPA4WOI -- Here

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3843 Oh and get this if you dont have it ...

http://www.savefile.com/files/1357620 --- A test page 17-328 from novel 1

excellent, thanks a lot mew. :D

definitely will give it ago tonight.

Bit surprise i can't find a torrent link on this. shame really. :/

@Onizukademongto
sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sterling01 »

I can't get it installed :cry:

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”