Ookami to Koushinryou / Wolf and Spice

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 241

Mew
Astral Realm

Ookami to Koushinryou / Wolf and Spice

Post by Mew »

Ookami to Koushinryou / Wolf and Spice (Spicy Wolf ?) / 狼と香辛料
Spoiler! :
ImageImageImageImage
Info : http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13080

RAW : [Removed by Mod *please do not post links to raws*]

As you might know right now theres a really well drawn manga out , 2 chapters translated and the 3th is out but i cant find the raws (Serialized In Dengeki Maoh, it's monthly ) ... the anime is coming next season and it looks awesome in terms of animation and graphics (at least i get that impression from the youtube CM)...

So why translated this ... well it's quite unknown now at least by non japs and i think it's a really nice story there are 5 novels out and the 6th here on the 10th December '07 , seems to be quite popular in japan since they are making such high quality drawn manga and anime ... well i dont think this will get much interest now but a lot after people see the anime and read the manga at least i hope. Hope someone takes this up :P

A few Links:
http://blog.mediaworks.co.jp/spicy-wolf/ - Blog about the Anime and Manga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8KZoITiXo - CM
http://www.spicy-wolf.com/ - Anime Website

Sorry for my weird english xD :roll:
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

>.> don't post raws. give the link to editors if they decide to do it but the fact that you actually have raws is a first.
ShApEsHiFt3r
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShApEsHiFt3r »

Yes, yes please do it <3 I just found the manga today and it's really cool so I'd love to be able to read the novel, and probably many others if they get the time to see how cool this series is :D And there's even an anime coming up :D

So, translate before it gets licensed :twisted:

(hope it isn't licensed yet)
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

ShApEsHiFT3r wrote:Yes, yes please do it <3 I just found the manga today and it's really cool so I'd love to be able to read the novel, and probably many others if they get the time to see how cool this series is :D And there's even an anime coming up :D

So, translate before it gets licensed :twisted:

(hope it isn't licensed yet)
It's not and i dont think it will be in the near future ... maybe when they finish the anime and the manga gets popular

Little bit about the anime
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Ookami to Koushinryou / Wolf and Spice

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I'd love to see this translated... >_>
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

we just need translators.

i know there is a lot of interest in this novel, but the fact is that we don't have many dedicated translators here to spare.

It would be easier if there was a chinese raw, as chinese translators are easier to find then Japanese, but that's life.

so while i'll love to do this project, please help by asking around for anyone who is interested in translating this series.

we still got time, as the anime just started so no need to hurry.
:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sterling01 »

Um, I don't know if this helps or not but I do have Chinese raws for volume 1&2
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

sterling01 wrote:Um, I don't know if this helps or not but I do have Chinese raws for volume 1&2

you do?

it'll be a great help if you can send me a link where you got it, it'll make it easier for us to help look for translators.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
MattW
Astral Realm

Post by MattW »

I'd really like to second this. (or eleventh it, or whatever my number is since I'm pretty late in this thread) :) This is currently the most popular anime of the season on AnimeSuki, and it just got its own subforum there yesterday (or the day before yesterday actually, since it's 1:28 A.M. in my time zone currently). I checked Wikipedia and its seem like there is a notable amount of intrigue in the later volumes, not just discussions of economics and enjoyable character interactions (although I love both of those) so I believe it's the type of story which people will cause people to want to experience more of it. Or at least I hope so, since that would increase the chance it'll be picked up. And if the project is started successfully, with at least one translator actively doing work, I'm guessing that a thread in AnimeSuki could be legitimately created, and that could attract more translators.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

just need to get the raws, chinese and Japanese.

it'll definitely help if we got more in different languages. more options and widen the translator candidates.

@Onizukademongto
sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sterling01 »

Okay I'll Rip and scan my chinese books

The japanese vols up to vol 5 are avalible online
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

Well it took people 2 months to notice this thread but at least now i see some progress :D Hope some one will start translating it :P And i think it's going to be quick since we have chn RAWs
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

yes there is a lot interest, but just need some translators now.

I've got Japanese raws, but need the Chinese ones to widen the field.

getting translators are always difficult. :|

so, if you want to help ,just spread the word! bring them to Baka-Tsuki!

:p

@Onizukademongto
Mew
Astral Realm

Post by Mew »

Now if 100 votes isnt enough to make someone translate it we'll have to go to 1k :D
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Mew wrote:Now if 100 votes isnt enough to make someone translate it we'll have to go to 1k :D
No, you need to find someone that knows Japanese and likes the series. They'll only translate if THEY enjoy it, not because someone else wants to read it... :roll:

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”