Notes on images

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Notes on images

Post by Smidge204 »

Hi~ friendly Baka-Tsuki project administrator here. I'm taking an interest in the Spice and Wolf project so I thought I'd help out...

First tip! When you upload images, they can't be too large. Physically, not byte-wise. Wikimedia does image manipulation for making thumbnails and things, and if the image resolution is too high it runs out of memory. As a rule of thumb, resize the image so either width or height is 800 pixels and it'll work fine.

Second tip! I'm photoshopping the half-images together to make a better presentation. See here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... 02_003.jpg

I'm not sure if typesetting the translation into the image is the way to go. Let me know what you think. I could go either way honestly.

Anyways, I plan to do similar touchups to the rest of the illustrations, including in-text images (Just like the Haruhi series). If you don't want that let me know. Since you are very clearly denoting the pages, it's fairly easy to know where to insert these images... except you guys are mostly using the Chinese version that I don't have so the page numbers will be different >.>
=Smidge=
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Notes on images

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Smidge204 wrote:I'm not sure if typesetting the translation into the image is the way to go. Let me know what you think. I could go either way honestly.
In my opinion it would be best to leave the images as they are and put the translation below it in the text. Not just because the typesetting might come out bad, but also to keep the pictures true to what they originally looked like.
Karisu
Astral Realm

Post by Karisu »

I'd personally like to see the images translated. This is a translation project, if you want to see what the original page looked like you can easily get your hands on the raws.
barbsicle
Astral Realm

Post by barbsicle »

I have already translated and uploaded images (with the halves photoshopped together) yesterday. However, the translations are from Chinese text (I don't do Japanese, sadly) and therefore the link that Smidge has provided, I would think, contains revised translation from Japanese.

however, the other 2 images (the double paged ones) still need to undergo revised translation. could i request someone help me go through these? thanks alot.

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”