Japanese /Chinese Source Resolution

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Japanese /Chinese Source Resolution

Post by Smidge204 »

I talked to barbsicle regarding the separate Japanese/Chinese sources. Here's how we're going to solve the problem:

1) Barbsicle will stop work on the "Chinese-English version" and read through to Chapter 5. He'll then start translating Chapter 5 and add his work to the "original" Wiki pages (once he's caught up with his reading).

2) The existing translations from the Chinese version will be used to help edit the translation on the original wiki pages

3) The original index page for the project will be modified to include a note that both Japanese and Chinese versions are being used, and individual chapters will be marked on the registration page if they are sourced from the Chinese version.

It shall be done.
=Smidge=
barbsicle
Astral Realm

Re: Japanese /Chinese Source Resolution

Post by barbsicle »

an extra note to Japanese translators as well as the general public:
Honestly speaking, my first language is English not Chinese. But then again I've been studying Chinese all my life, so I wouldn't really think that my skill is completely undependable, yet there are still times where I get confused somewhat over complex sentences. Well everyone does anyway.

Japanese translators, if you would like for your chapter to be revised or there is some line you might not get I can provide reference as such. Initially I intended to just do revision and editing and not really assigning a whole chapter to myself. haha.

At the same time, if there are any doubts about the text (and chapter) I might be doing you are free to discuss and voice your opinion. I'm also sort of new to this and I will screw up at times, so I am open to all ideas and criticism.

Lastly, I'd like to thank B-T for taking serious consideration on this matter for my sake. Given the privilege, I'll do my best and help make this project a success.

Thanks alot, everyone.

-barb
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I tip my hat off to you. :wink:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Just a note, i have been contacted by a contributor called: judgment26

s/he is a Chinese->English Translator who wish to contribute starting from Volume 03.

since i've bee nabsent these few days, i have directed judgment26 to this thread, so that s/he can grasps a measure of the situation before publishing anything on the wiki, which judgment26 has mentioned s/he has already done a few pages already.

if your reading this judgment26, welcome to Baka-Tsuki and i hope you will enjoy your stay here.

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

Thanks for the welcome, onizuka. I figured it was about time I dropped by and said hi! :P

p.s. I am a guy. :)

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”