Poll - Changes in Spice And Wolf Guidelines

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you agree with changes?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:28 am

I agree
58%
I disagree
39%
I do not know
3%

Total votes: 31

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Poll - Changes in Spice And Wolf Guidelines

Post by onizuka-gto »

Const2k wrote: Which ATM looks like (current results can't be interpreted in single way, but they let us assume votes' distribution in an upcoming poll, if any):
"I agree, details don't matter" = "I agree" - 9 = 17 - 9 = 8
"Place images on one page altogether, like in ZnT and Toradora" +6
"Use single page, but covers and B&W inlines shouldn't be too close" +2
"I disagree, details don't matter" = "I disagree" - 2 = 12 - 2 = 10
"Make two pages: one for covers and another for B&W inlines" +3
"Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines, like in SHnY" +0
(numbers +n are relative since we don't know how votes are distributed in "generic" options)
this is a tricky situation, as calls for a "shorter" voting duration and/or "lower" quota is not something i wish to implement when ever a re-vote is required.

I do not like the idea that a small minority of "active" users should be used to decide the outcome of a site wide vote Nor will do i like to see this influence the shortening of a voting duration, simply because the other majority choose not to comment but only to vote.

After careful consideration, a new poll will be create, because in the end there is no real way of separating the remaining "silent" votes into the more detail options.

You can argue that you can add those votes to a "generic" option, but in the end that will still leave thing un-resolve.

Thus it will be unfair to decide for or disregard them. They must be given the chance to re-vote on the new options.

however the above votes will be taken into account in the new poll.

what you see here will be automatically subtracted from the options displayed at the end of voting duration

so if you did not choose to vote in this new poll, please tell me via P.M.

The reason is that, there is no real way to stop a member from voting in the new poll, thus effectively having two votes.

This is unacceptable.

In future, the voting majority will be simple and depend upon the number of total votes altogether.

But at the moment the following rules below will apply to this vote only.
  • The above votes will be counted in the new poll and at the end will be subtracted from the total for each given option unless notified
  • There will be a minimum total vote of 20 counting the existing 13. Therefore you only need 7 additional votes.
  • The vote will last for one month
  • Failure to meet minimum number of votes will result in an extension of the voting duration by one week.
  • If the minimum number of votes are not obtained, then i will make a final decision
  • If two or more options are tied, I will make a final decision
  • Votes are changeable within the voting duration
since you want a decision i will give you one, this vote will be decided one way of another just like you wanted.

Even if it means i have to go "Stalin" on this.

Remember, the Motherland loves you.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Krikit »

Awesome! sooo.....where's the new poll?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

when im sober.

which isn't now comrade.

:roll: :shock: :?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Krikit »

Understood Big Brother. No more thoughtcrime from me. :|

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”