Poll - Changes in Spice And Wolf Guidelines

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you agree with changes?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:28 am

I agree
58%
I disagree
39%
I do not know
3%

Total votes: 31

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Poll - Changes in Spice And Wolf Guidelines

Post by onizuka-gto »

Krikit wrote:how much do you want to bet someone will "make" a new account with a bogus email for voting yes or no? haha.....

anyway. that's that.

if they want to bet away any future editing access on the wiki, then they are welcome to try. :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Krikit »

Phew...I don't want to get on your bad side....

by the way, as for the English to English translator, actually, it's a really important job! Translating different types of English...Horo speak = old English, Lawrence speak = now English, so you are the translator linking them together ^_^

btw, do you have a british accent??
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

That's yet another mystery that's on the list.But it's much less important than the supposedly thick 'stache and something I don't remember...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Bushy eyebrows. :P
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

haha...i bet there's a top hat and a pocket watch in there somewhere, and a cane for trips out of the house ^_^

why can you stereotype other cultures so easily, but not your own?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hairy facial features aside,

I do have a British accent, but it's the northern type.

Just like you have different Japanese accents in Okinawa to Osaka up to Hokkaido, i have the "Hokkaido" type. Which is different from the the type they speak in London, not to mention it is far different from the east part of London (East End) where they speak "Cockney" English (Think Osaka-ben! Gangsters/Yakuza talk!)

And if we are going to keep up with the stereotypes,
Im more likely to be wearing a blue overall, carrying a coal mine pickaxe, staging a workers union STRIKE (We need more money!) while drinking a pint of ale.

yep. all in a days work.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Krikit wrote:IDK.....but i may be changing my vote again soon...haha, this poll is just way too close....how much do you want to bet someone will "make" a new account with a bogus email for voting yes or no? haha...
Is there something on your conscience you'd like to talk about, Krikit?

=Smidge=
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

Hmm.. I guess it's better to return this thread back to topic. I still think all the images should be n single page. However, spoilers are now of some concern to me. It seems to me it's better to split them from color images.

Here's what I came up with (I really miss ability to place 'spoiler' tag on the wiki): Volume Illustrations page example

S&W, as of now, doesn't have a lot of images, so I've taken ZnT vol.2 images. Feel free to show how your ideas should look like... One picture is often better than hundred words.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Betsuni....they found out my true identity!!! (for the record though I've only made a bogus account for junk forums like rage-something....the "Guide to Making Your Own Server" ^=^. So I'm clean. Don't ever want to alienate Oni...his name means demon....../shiver

As for that idea Const, I actually like it. The photos are in one folder, but separated in sections for Volume Cover and then Illustration Pages. It is actually something I would really like. That way they are in the same folder for the fastest reference, while also slight set apart in case one doesn:t wish to see the spoiler images. I like the one gallery two section look. Right now my vote is still in neutral, and I'll be leaving it there until the end where I decide. But I like the idea.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Oh, I actually like Constantins (is it your name or am i juts jumping conclusions) much more.

The user can pretty conveniently go to the actual text without scrolling down and do sees only color (not spoilerish) images, but those who do not care about spoilers are still in a good position as you do not have to go back and click another link to get to non-color illustrations - they are at the same page.

This way way are still convenient but at the same time not necessarily encouraging the spoiling.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Yeah, I think that's how I'm finally going to throw my vote. I'll wait a bit longer before moving it from neutral, but I do like that. It has a subtle yet distinct division between the two 'types' of pictures, while still allowing them to be withing the same page frame for fast, easy reference. I like it.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

I'm keeping my vote because I think this separation doesn't look good and the spoiler argument for this solution is nonsense :roll:
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Well, though i do think that whole Spoiler argument is a nonsense as well (or at least not that important as some like it to make) but Const2k solution would be the best compromise. This way the spoiling non-color images are still separate but you do not have to press two different link and it is all on the same page. You would have just slightly more scrolling to do.

I would imagine those voting for Const2k idea should vote 'Yes' anyway as it is different from the other compromise before (with two different links/folders).
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Yeah, I'll be casting my vote into yes. Hey, it may already be done on some of the other projects, even if it's not an official standard...but so far nothing about Spice and Wolf has been standard...from the started "learning" translation effort, to the introduction of two chinese translators on a site that started with the ideal of being a Japanese--->English translation site...^_^ gosh thanks barb and Judgement =]. Then the coming probable eBook, and maybe an Audio Book for my personal listening pleasure, so I can sleep to the sound of my own voice....muahahaha....yeah....this project has never really been "normal." But I do like Const. Compromise, and I believe that should be how the page is laid out. !_! :mrgreen:
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

So there are just a few days left until this post expires. It's close, but right now it looks as though the guidelines for Spice and Wolf will be as follows, correct me if I get something wrong.

The "Yes" Votes will go in accordance with Const2k's compromise. That is the images will all be put on the same page, but separated into color/illustration sections for those that want the illustration pages to remain a mystery. http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... lk:Const2k shows the example.

The "No" Votes will go in favor of simply putting the color images in the folder, and leaving the other images put in "in-line" text format, with no folder to be able to browse through for reference. (sorry, made this sound a bit biased ^_^)

So...vote accordingly 8)

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”