Poll on Final Distribution Options for S&W

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

barbsicle
Astral Realm

Re: Poll on Final Distribution Options for S&W

Post by barbsicle »

Alright guys, Ebook Beta v3 is out. I'm putting the link to seaghyn's original post.

http://www.2shared.com/file/3660673/91d ... 01_v3.html

Improvements:
-Added a background (1920x1080)

-Added and experimented with sound (I'll make a better music player as it comes by)

-Contents page now links to chapter when respective part is clicked.

-Extra: .exe can be compiled and published from flash itself so that pretty much covers the "i have no player and don't like using my browser" part.

Current Issues:
-With music inside, the file takes up a considerably larger amount of space (1.3mb without, 4.3 mb with). Therefore, I seek everyone's opinion in whether you want LOWER QUALITY AUDIO, thereby lessening file size, or HIGHER QUALITY AUDIO, which increases it (fyi it's 1.5mb with low quality).

-The font is mainly fine but in italics it looks completely different for some reason. Therefore, if someone wants to suggest a nicer looking font (i deal with the tech stuff first, not the look) please do as you wish.

-I try my best to fix glitched pages (meaning they somehow overflow or just stay there when the page "turns"). If you come across any, please let me know too. Actually for this one there's no need, maybe for the release ones. Double words are not errors in the flash, they're my errors. haha.

-I am looking for a tester with a middle-range to low-range computer to test and see if this is viable for the main community as a whole (due to the fact that i own a gaming performance computer and thus have no problem doing the anti-alias rendering). Please post your results and comments or email me ([email protected]). Then again maybe seaghyn's computer is mid-range oh well.

Things to be Worked On (so that you guys can help me if you want to)
-Volume slider and mute(instead of play/pause).

-Fullscreen option.

-Direct jump to contents page (instead of flipping through all the color illustrations)

-Page indicator and button to flip page for those who prefer it.

-Page numbers.

TL;DR: didn't like it? want to rant at me for wasting your time? suggestions? post here or email me (email address). release candidate will be out when i deem it to be good enough quality.

Barbs.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the email link provide by the forum. putting your email naked isn't generally a good idea.

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”