Poll: Illustration Gallery -FINAL VOTE-

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

What is the best option considering the use of the illustration gallery?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:40 am

"I agree, Place images on one page altogether, like in ZnT and Toradora"
43%
"I agree, Use single page, but colour/covers and B&W inlines should be clearly segregated"
6%
"I disagree, Make two pages: one for covers and another for B&W inlines"
14%
"I disagree, Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines only, like in SHnY"
37%

Total votes: 49

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Poll: Illustration Gallery -FINAL VOTE-

Post by onizuka-gto »

This is a second vote of the above issue.

You can read more about the situation here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewto ... =52&t=2162

The following rules only apply to this poll.

However future guidelines will be drawn up that will apply to all, that may or may not incorporate some of the rules below.
  • The above votes will be counted in the new poll and at the end will be subtracted from the total for each given option unless notified
  • There will be a minimum total vote of 20 counting the existing 13. Therefore you only need 7 additional votes.
  • The vote will last for one month
  • Failure to meet minimum number of votes will result in an extension of the voting duration by one week.
  • If the minimum number of votes are not obtained, then i will make a final decision
  • If two or more options are tied, I will make a final decision
  • Votes are changeable within the voting duration
The 13 existing votes that will be accounted for are:

Darknemo2000
TheGiftedMonkey
Smidge204
onizuka-gto
Vaelis
Jumpyshoes
TheDefend
Const2k
barbsicle
Dan
Matt122004
fiendmaw
Krikit

Modifying votes
Below is the current tally from the above list:

(6) "I agree, Place images on one page altogether, like in ZnT and Toradora"

(2) "I agree, Use single page, but colour/covers and B&W inlines should be clearly segregated"

(3) "I disagree, Make two pages: one for covers and another for B&W inlines"

(1) "I disagree, Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines only, like in SHnY"

(1) "No Vote or Not counted "
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add current modifying votes from the named members
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Poll: Illustration Gallery -FINAL VOTE-

Post by Krikit »

Sorry, I already voted without asking this question as it didn't hit me until just now. Because my vote is already accounted for, am I not supposed to vote in this poll? Or for that matter anyone who's name has appeared on Oni's list?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Because you already voted, you SHOULD vote in this poll. Oni plans to subtract 13 votes from the results of this poll for some retarded reason he has been unable to explain. He also hasn't been able to explain how he plans to subtract the votes.

=Smidge=
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Smidge204 wrote:Because you already voted, you SHOULD vote in this poll. Oni plans to subtract 13 votes from the results of this poll for some retarded reason he has been unable to explain. He also hasn't been able to explain how he plans to subtract the votes.

=Smidge=
Err no he shouldn't vote in this poll and Oni plans to add the 13 votes of the previous poll.

[edit]oh wait, I think Oni has modified his post... Err frankly I don't know anymore what should be done :?
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

So should one vote or not in this poll:?:

Man, too much confusion... And didn't Jumpy said he did not care anymore and withdrew his vote? Well, anyhow, please explain what to do.. To vote or not?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Actually, this is what I think it meant. I believe it meant we could vote in this poll, just that we didn't have to post our reasons WHY, as we've already had that discussion. So anyone on that list just doesn't have to post why they voted the way they did.

Anyway, to anybody else out there, please decide carefully and accurately to what you want, as in this "Ministry of Love" we have set up, the votes are "democratic". "believe in the doublethink!"
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I voted for the separate but equal option.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Rectifier, as I understand you voted for Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines only, which does not mean separate pages for each, but actually just have a cover and color images while non-color ones will be left out, though you sound like you wanted to have a separtee but still noth non-color and color images uploaded for all to see on the main page, in which case you should have voted for an option number 3.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Haha, I'm so indecisive...I"m thinking about switching to #2 on the poll...I"m going to be struggling with myself for a while....O_o
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Well,I think #3 is the main reason this poll started,and it's head-to-head with #1.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Rectifier, as I understand you voted for Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines only, which does not mean separate pages for each, but actually just have a cover and color images while non-color ones will be left out, though you sound like you wanted to have a separtee but still noth non-color and color images uploaded for all to see on the main page, in which case you should have voted for an option number 3.
It's a famous phrase in American history for when they decided "separate but equal" should be the norm for restrooms, schools, etc. Since then things have obviously changed for the better; I just said it in my previous post to allude to the use of segregation in one of the poll options.

P.S. Because we all know Oni is secretly pro-segregation :roll: . Yep, just divide the masses into seperate but equal communes for the wiki-communist confederate republic.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

It may sound a little biased, but i like the way the pics are posted on one area, and also inserted in the translations like in Kaze no Stigma(maybe coz it is like my project?)

So... may i vote on that? and which choice in the poll should that be?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Basically that would be the first choice, ShadowZeroHeart.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Done =X 1st choice voted!!
hehez... i really like how it was shown in the translations... can tell where it is in the actual novel, and also good way to keep it linked to the text, rather than seeing what page it is on the novel, when the translations do not have page numbers
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

#4 for me. My immediate impression is that this is rather a minor issue to be worried about, but it seems to me that the primary purpose the B&W images served in their original texts were as supplements to said texts. I think it appropriate to attempt to preserve the feeling of the original as much as possible, and so that breaks the tie for me, though this is really just an aesthetic issue, and simply comes down to a matter of personal taste.
Last edited by Hiyono on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”