Poll: Illustration Gallery -FINAL VOTE-

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

What is the best option considering the use of the illustration gallery?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:40 am

"I agree, Place images on one page altogether, like in ZnT and Toradora"
43%
"I agree, Use single page, but colour/covers and B&W inlines should be clearly segregated"
6%
"I disagree, Make two pages: one for covers and another for B&W inlines"
14%
"I disagree, Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines only, like in SHnY"
37%

Total votes: 49

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Poll: Illustration Gallery -FINAL VOTE-

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

at this rate we are going to poll every single thing we do LOLz ~.~
Hey, i wanna translate this portion into "XXX" or "YYY"
lets have a poll on it =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Well, it seems like it is not a general "Yes"/"No" poll but rather a singular solution out of the four and if that one solution has two votes advantage over the second highest then that solution wins, as far as I can understand.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:at this rate we are going to poll every single thing we do LOLz ~.~
Hey, i wanna translate this portion into "XXX" or "YYY"
lets have a poll on it =X

be grateful that you CAN vote and that it CAN make a difference, all courtesy of the wiki-communist state.

If this was a typical republic capitalistic democracy, you would of gotten no say and the power elite would of done whatever they pleased.

oh. And half the people here would of been arrested and shot.

*glares at C2K & Darknemo*

yes.

be glad.

be very glad.

:evil:

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

onizuka-gto wrote: If this was a typical republic capitalistic democracy, you would of gotten no say and the power elite would of done whatever they pleased.
oh. And half the people here would of been arrested and shot.
*glares at C2K & Darknemo*
Wonder which 2 people make up the other "half".. ^_^

well, the power elite still can do it even here.. ^_^ we do have the MOST equal among equals ^_^
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Who? Me? I'm just innocent dissident living in this peaceful wiki-communistic state.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

okay! the poll is now CLOSED!

I'm now stating the official Results WITHOUT Modifier:

(01.) "I agree, Place images on one page altogether, like in ZnT and Toradora" = 21

(02.) "I agree, Use single page, but colour/covers and B&W inlines should be clearly segregated" = 3

(03.) "I disagree, Make two pages: one for covers and another for B&W inlines" = 7

(04.) "I disagree, Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines only, like in SHnY" = 18

I will state the modifying votes, which will be deducted from the above (Numbered for convenience):

(01.) = -6

(02.) = -2

(03.) = -3

(04.) = -1

"No Vote or Not counted " = -1 <- This will not affect the result but are included for record purposes.

Hence the final votes are:

(01.) = 21-6 => 15

(02.) = 3-2 => 1

(03.) = 7-3 => 4

(04.) = 18-1 => 17

I declare the winner as Option (04.) With a clear majority of TWO VOTES over all others

"I disagree, Use gallery for covers and chapters for inlines only, like in SHnY"

This will be enacted with immediate affect.

Please also not that there will now be a two week cool down period, before any perviously voted issue can be brought back into contention.

That will be all. Comrade Big Boss loves you all in the name of the B-T Motherland.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Is this some kind of mistake. The majority of votes are 21. How can you take away 6 votes from it?

Does those six votes do not matter?

All members have equal votes, and don't make stupid calculations just so that the option that you prefer to win.

Seriously if you are announcing the 4th option as a winner then I am announcing this whole voting a poked up.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Hmmmm. I guess I can accept it (hey, all we need to do now is change SHnY guidelines ^_^, then it can't be "like" SnS, and we have to revote ^_^).

But I would like to know...what's a "modifying vote?"

It can't be the votes where that person didn't post? because only like 10 people posted....?
Last edited by Krikit on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

You are just invented those modifying votes for your own convenience so that you could see an option 4 to win. Don't do such nonsense. It is clear that option one is a winner.

Lets say I am stating I voted no in this actual poll, though i before always voted "yes' how can you check? Or maybe i haven't voted at all?

Besides what nonsense such modifying votes are. What modes are not voters? They are not members of community and cannot vote?

All members should have an equal voting right and their votes should be counted as equal. Thus a winner ins an option one.

If you are going to say that option 4 is a winner then it is clear that whole voting was set up to begin with.

OPTION 1 IS A CLEAR WINNER

And there is no point in arguing about it.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

It seems that they got mixed up with the previous vote, and all ended in mayhem..
Oni, mind explaining WHY deduct votes, and not just look at the results, since people revoted on this one, and a lot of new votes were added..
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

o yeah, I just found that out too ^_^. In the beginning of the post (first post), it seems all the people who voted and posted in the last poll, their vote didn't count in this one. (or a point was deducted from that category at the end as the case turned out).

So...why exactly do the people that voted before, like me ^_^, have their votes deducted? Because then our vote never counts....?

We voted in the last poll, but nothing came of it. So the new poll should count our votes, as it's "new"....?
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

It seems that he just decided that moderators are not community members thus they have no right to vote. But again am i a moderator? I didn't even asked for this editor status. I do understand if you, GTO, or Smidge are counted as moderators as you indeed are but lets say others are not in such high ranks, and besides, all votes should matter, doesn't matter if you are a mod or not.

Look even presidents do vote in president voting as all are equal members of the society. Same is in here as well. It was perfectly revoted again and talking away some votes juts because they stated in the other vote is very very fucked up.

So what if one voting went bad? So now you can say, those who voted in that poll doesn't count and will never count again because...they voted... But there aren't the only ones that voted there were others faceless guys who voted, thus you have to take away their votes as well, but how do you know if they voted or if they havent changed their opinion?

Face it GTO, I understand that you may not like the first option but going to such measures as to deduce votes based that they were voted on the poll that was announced to be bad...that's just too much.

Or maybe you Krikit, me, Smidge and all others are not community members and do not have the right to vote...
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Sorry Oni but you are writing a total nonsense.
You add the previous votes or you don't count the previous votes but you don't substract them...

And since some people voted in both polls the best solution is to not count the previous votes.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Easy, Nemo, easy..
Let's hear oni's explanation first.. I get the feeling he got mixed up himself when thinking about it..

If he really just decided to do it on a whim, then you can go wild ^_^

Vaelis wrote faster than me concerning the part that if you don't vote, then you add from the previous.. ^_^
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I think GTO was drunk while thinking about this all stuff and he decided that not counting is the same as substracting. So because he thought that one voting went bad the votes should not count in next voting. But he substracted the votes instead, while not thinking that the whole voting is counted as bad. If you substract those votes then you take away the voting right from those members making them not a part of community. Besides he wasn't even consistent in that as he took only those votes that were active enough but didn't took away all faceless voters (but even if he took them away how could he tell if they voted the same or if they voted at all)....

That or he is just more biased than me or Smidge.

I know salv87, I know. It is just so maddening to see another nonsense concerning this problem and so unjust one to that.

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”