Hey, a question about volume 3..

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

feRfe
Astral Realm

Hey, a question about volume 3..

Post by feRfe »

Spoiler! :
“That doll’s true appearance is a bird greater than you in size. She once fell in love with a traveling cenobite, and together the two had spent many years working together to build a church. But no matter how many years went by, that doll would never age, and thus the cenobite grew suspicious. Surely you can guess how things developed after that?”

Perhaps he was just imagining things, but Lawrence seemed to feel Horo tighten the grip of her arms.

Lawrence felt that he seemed to understand the reason Deanna collected ancient legends and protected the alchemists.
I don't understand the reason. Anyone know?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Hey, a question about volume 3..

Post by Krikit »

Spoiler! :
Well, the Cenobite that was building the churches can be assumed to have been a follower of the Church. Also assumed from this is that Deanara (spelling off) didn't reveal her true identity to him. So year after year as he got older and she didn't, he grew suspicious, and probably thought she was possesed by a demon, and tried to kill her or something....It's that kind of thing.

As for why she collects ancient legends and protects the alchemists....The only thing I can think of is....actually...I'm kind of at a loss on this one as well...haha. Maybe she thought the alchemists were the kind of people that, since they go against the church, are the only people who could ever 'maybe' accept her if they knew her true identity. As for the ancient legends, perhaps it's just to hear stories about dieties and humans that fall and love, and it works out.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Krikit wrote:
Spoiler! :
As for why she collects ancient legends and protects the alchemists....The only thing I can think of is....actually...I'm kind of at a loss on this one as well...haha. Maybe she thought the alchemists were the kind of people that, since they go against the church, are the only people who could ever 'maybe' accept her if they knew her true identity. As for the ancient legends, perhaps it's just to hear stories about dieties and humans that fall and love, and it works out.
That's basically the same thought I had when I read that part..
But it wouldn't be a bad thought to check the original Jap. novels to see if there are any differences..
Clead
Project Translator

Post by Clead »

I thought maybe she got some kind of "power" to make the town able to bear pagans, christians and deitys, what I thought is that Bartose was the cenobite but i wasnt sure about what a cenobite was so i just missed that thing. xD
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
··············"No where to run or hide I need, only somewhere to return."
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Some thoughts we came across at the A-S forum..
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... 43&page=17
Posts 327, 328 and 330
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Salv and Clead, welcome to Baka-Tsuki. 8)
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Thanks TGM ^_^
(Do you mind if I call you like that? just seems everybody else calls you so ^_^)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Haha Yeah I dont mind. You guys find Baka-Tsuki through AS?
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

I found B-T throug search of Spice and Wolf light novels ^_^
found A-S the same way ^_^
Clead
Project Translator

Post by Clead »

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks TGM, I just arrived to this page thanks to SaW and i want to say thats a very helpful and useful one.

I just say that your avatar is the first thing that I stared in this forum. I like it but didnt see bacanno!.

BTW, the thing about the phil stone may be something interesting, but I continue to think about her relationship with Bartose, I think that will appear in more novels about SaW.
Spoiler! :
In AS board are talking about her managing to create through alchemy the phil stone, so her lover or any human could live eternally

You'll say something about the phil stone changing things into gold, but it seems it can be called elixir of youth or can create it.
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
··············"No where to run or hide I need, only somewhere to return."

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”