Volume 7 Chapter 3 - Wolf and amber melancholy

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

salv87
Astral Realm

Volume 7 Chapter 3 - Wolf and amber melancholy

Post by salv87 »

After sitting late into the night, instead of getting a good nights sleep (gotta wake up really early tomorrow, or today actually..) But I hope it was worth it..
So, Wolf and Amber Melancholy is up now on ^_^ ..

For those who don't know, it's sort of a sidestory, not directly related to the main events, so you can read it anytime ^_^
Plus it's written from Horos perspective, which makes it even more interesting..

Let's all thank the translator who spent his time doing this - Wyvernspur (from A-S forum)
I took the time and compiled all wyverns translation and added Kaguya', barbs' and judge' suggestions.. I also edited a few grammar and syntax errors (the ones word highlighted.. didn't have time to read all through, wanna sleep now ^_^ ). The rest is up to you ^_^

Also inserted the images..

Sorry wyvern for doing it without asking you.. and thank you again for translating..
everybody else..enjoy ^_^
Last edited by salv87 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novaren
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 7 Chapter 3 - Wolf and amber melancholy

Post by Novaren »

To all the translators, editors and compilers who made this chapter...Thank you!
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Novaren wrote:To all the translators, editors and compilers who made this chapter...Thank you!
Can't be said enough!
ZingFreelancer
Astral Realm

Post by ZingFreelancer »

Confused.
The third chapter of seventh novel is stand alone?
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

well, you can put it that way. It just as I we ssaid on the A-S forum ^_^

If I remember correctly - the whole 7th volume is made of short (well, chapter length) sidestories.
It seems chapter 3 (Amber melancholy) was translated because it was written from Horo's perspective, which made it even more intriguing.
ZingFreelancer
Astral Realm

Post by ZingFreelancer »

salv87 wrote:well, you can put it that way. It just as I we ssaid on the A-S forum ^_^

If I remember correctly - the whole 7th volume is made of short (well, chapter length) sidestories.
It seems chapter 3 (Amber melancholy) was translated because it was written from Horo's perspective, which made it even more intriguing.

I seen quite a few people on A-S mention that story and I did took a sneak peak on that chapter. Honestly, it left me in horror... I just read some parts of the end, was afraid to spoil my self toooo much ^^
But it was like, Nora, Lawrence and Horo... Horo really thinking of him like of an idiot and Lawrence really not being together with Horo. Since I didnt read the whole thing... I was thinking like "WTF? Seventh volume and their relationship have not gotten anywhere? Gee, that dude is truly an idiot."

Going to give that chapter a go when I feel for it :)
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

well, if you watched the anime already, then there's no problem in reading this chapter.
It was actually very interesting for me, and as far as I know, for other people it was also entertaining at least.

It was not maybe so great in terms of events or character development, but the conversations and Horo's thoughts really made the story for me ^_^
also, for the last words that Horo says about lawrence
Spoiler! :
This sheep, was the one I liked the most.
, I'm willing to forgive almost everything.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Krikit »

lol Zing...

I don't know if you know this, and I don't want to sound like I'm shoving down info at you, but:

Volume 7 is a volume of side stories. They are collections of events that didn't happen in the main volumes, but may or may not have happened. In this case, the one from chapter 3, relates to volume 2, not volume 7.

if you knew that, sorry. If not, then I hope you don't mind reading it, as the anime, as Salv mentioned, already completed that arc with Nora.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

hmm.. haven't I mentioned that already somewhere.. I remember I was thinking about writing that it happened around volume 2.. But I don't remember If I actually wrote that..

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”