Volume 2, chapter 1

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Volume 2, chapter 1

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:ZOMG I'MMA SHOTA-CON!
Ha! I knew it! :twisted:
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ARGH!!! that sux! How mean >"< LOLz!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:ZOMG I'MMA SHOTA-CON!
Ha! I knew it! :twisted:
am I the only one who didn't understand anything of this phrase? :D
Muroph
Astral Realm

Post by Muroph »

salv87 wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote: Ha! I knew it! :twisted:
am I the only one who didn't understand anything of this phrase? :D
don't worry, you're not alone. :)
ShadowZeroHeart

Muroph wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote: Ha! I knew it! :twisted:
salv87 wrote:am I the only one who didn't understand anything of this phrase? :D
don't worry, you're not alone. :)
Neither do I, I just think its fun to play along LOLz!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

1. ZOMG
oh my gosh's variant. used to excite one another. this is used constantly by those who make fun of people that say omg and lol.
zomg u teh very cool lolz!1111oneoneoe

2. zomg
zOMG is a varient of the all-too-popular acronym "OMG", meaning "Oh My God".
The "z" was originally a mistake while attempting to hit the shift key with the left hand, and type "OMG"
Also used in all-caps, 'ZOMG' is generally used in a sarcastic manner, more often than not a humiliating fasion. It is also used as a device for stating the obvious.
"zOMG! you r teh winz!!one!!eleven!"
I'mma is conjunction of "I am" and "a".
May also be used as "I'm going to"
Shotacon
Sometimes shortened to shota, is a Japanese term for a sexual complex where a person is sexually attracted towards a young and/or underage boy. In the Western world, it refers specifically to artwork or manga depicting pre-pubescent or pubescent boys in sexual situations. Shotacon art is often explicit in nature; some common themes include yaoi (homosexual relationships), cross-dressing, and in some cases incest with an older sibling or other family member. The female equivalent to shotacon is lolicon.
All in all, Shadow likes little boys. :?

/corruption
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

:shock:
ShadowZeroHeart

LOLz i didnt know i had such a complex. WOW what a surprise!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Krikit wrote::shock:
I agree..
Muroph
Astral Realm

Post by Muroph »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:All in all, Shadow likes little boys. :?

/corruption
:shock:
that's so wrong...
>_> <_<
*muroph hides his loli collection*
8)
duncan
Astral Realm

Post by duncan »

Cool, thanks for all the advice. Sorry I've not been around for a couple of days... I'm afraid I was down with a short but intense bout of IRLitis. At any rate, it wasn't till today that I finally got around to really getting started, and it was a bit slow going, though not as slow going as I feared, actually. I'm also throwing any vocabulary I have to look up into a flashcard program, and finding example sentences for the bits that are a bit tricky, so that's definitely part of what is taking so long. Also, my Japanese is horrifically rusty as I'll I've used it for in the last year is watching (usually subbed) animu. So hopefully I'll get faster as time goes by.

Thanks for the offer salv, but I am going to have to figure out the wiki if I'm going to be adding text frequently. I was actually a (somewhat infrequent) user of Ward's Wiki, so I ought to be able to figure it out, though it seems that wikis have become more complex. Anyway, I'll go try to figure it out so that I can upload the first two pages. They're a draft- I have some persistent little problems with some parts of English (*cough* commas *cough*). I'm aware of (some of) them, and I can generally fix them, but I don't like to do it right after I write something, as they still look right to me until I've had a chance to get a bit of distance. Also, there are a couple of really awkward sentences still in there that are too close to the original to read well in English, so I'll have to figure out how to break them up more reasonably.

Anyway, though it's a very small bit of text I'd welcome anyone who can read Japanese taking a look at it once I figure out how to put it up. I'm pretty sure I got the meaning basically correct on most things, but there are a couple things I winged it on a bit- in particular I sometimes have trouble being sure about temporal sequence in Japanese.

EDIT: I did in fact put them up a while ago, so I doubt the wiki will pose an insurmountable challenge ;). I might add some notes/questions to the discussion page tonight, if I have the energy.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Great to hear that ^_^

It's not like we deemed you a wiki-newbie. Just offering our help if needed ^_^
I'll read our update in the evening, so probably, until then ^_^
duncan
Astral Realm

Post by duncan »

salv87 wrote:Great to hear that ^_^

It's not like we deemed you a wiki-newbie. Just offering our help if needed ^_^
I'll read our update in the evening, so probably, until then ^_^
Oh, I didn't mean that... I appreciate any help I can get. Truth is that I have no idea how the wiki works so ... any advice is helpful ;). But I was able to make a page and add some text, and I don't think that it would work if I had to ask someone to upload things for me. That's all I meant. I do appreciate the offer though.

Anyway, I'll' be adding notes to the discussion page anytime now, but I'm also waiting for the corrections to pour in. ;)

EDIT: also, should I be worried that I completely understood: "ZOMG I'MMA SHOTA-CON!"? Should I be worried that I thought it was a fairly normal thing to post? 'Cause honestly it took Krikit and Shadow to remind me that most people don't just gloss over foreign terms for man-boy sex, assuming they understand them... nah.. the Japanese are just permissive about imaginary perverseness, I guess, so... who am I to think it is so icky that i am going to have to go take a shower right now?
Last edited by duncan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

What corrections? As I finished PP! Chapter 1, I went on to read it.

WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING DUNCAN!

Who puts up 2 pages?? You're killing me, and I don't even have my will out yet!!

Seriously though, I loved it :mrgreen:

Can't wait for more...I can feel my problems with S&W building again now that I've waited so long.../shiver...here I go!
duncan
Astral Realm

Post by duncan »

Krikit wrote:What corrections? As I finished PP! Chapter 1, I went on to read it.

Who puts up 2 pages?? You're killing me, and I don't even have my will out yet!!

Seriously though, I loved it :mrgreen:

Can't wait for more...I can feel my problems with S&W building again now that I've waited so long.../shiver...here I go!
Well, you know, I think it was someone named Krikit who suggested that I ought to post things in page-sized chunks. You're an awfully tsundere muse, for a guy. At any rate, I'll try to translate faster in the future, but... I'm a bit hungover at the moment and your insanely large text is clanging in my eyes ;). Still, you have the right idea. The more you yell at me the faster I'll translate, probably ;) (within limits..). Someday soon I will have to raid your puipui project and urge you on in a similar fashion.

EDIT: I should add that, all jokes aside, I'm glad you liked those two pages, insufficient as they are. I wouldn't be posting them here if I didn't think at least one person might enjoy reading them. I could sit in my room and study Wapanese by myself, otherwise;).

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”